Tired of making the same post

View as article
Advertisement
Awesome man. What part of town are you from if you don't mind me asking? I've been in Orlando from 72-80 then again from 88-present. I lived in Miami from 80-88 in the Miami Lakes area west of the NW 154th st exit and that is how I discovered UM football. My dad taught at the UM med school part time so we would go to the Hecht on the weekends sometimes.

Here in Orlando I've lived mostly on the north side of town in the Longwood/Wekiwa Springs area. It's home but I do miss Miami. Miami is a whole different atmosphere and I could see myself going back under the right circumstances. How are you liking Atlanta? Haven't even been through there since I was very young.

Same basic area of Orlando, I went to Teague Middle/Lake Brantley High. One of my brothers has a house on the Wekiva River up in Sanford, and my mom still lives in Altamonte. Another brother lives over in Winter Springs.

Advertisement
This. We have a complicated offense where guys are unsure and on two different levels with communication. The wr’s are running wrong / sloppy routes , a qb that’s expecting a different route , route got broke off early or they extended the stem deeper than it should. I called it out during the S Miss. TVD is guessing and not even sure what’s going on with the routes and before that he has to read the coverage. That’s why he’s patting the ball and his feet are choppy. It’s very easy to see when guys aren’t comfortable or are thinking versus playing.
Then this is on Gattis to call some lay ups that don't require TVD to make a read.

TVD mentioned yesterday that they’ll be implementing some of the plays that were successful last year. Will that help or just further complicate things?
so you mean were not wrong and just being ridiculous when the ******* players are mentioning it now publicly?

Then this is on Gattis to call some lay ups that don't require TVD to make a read.
its a combo of everything. help the WRs out too bc it isnt all on TVD inability to make a read either. the WRs aren't doing their job either. TVD hasn't looked good and I thought he had a bad game against southern miss beyond everything else. I think you get both units together and get them in more familiar and comfortable situations, it would help everyone. again you can do your install over time as players graduate or leave and more of your recruits come in. till then, you gotta show actual results. if you dont produce w what you have, you aren't getting the next guy to buy in and join your program

No they were not. Erickson ram zero physical concepts. He was never e even known for that. That team had guys like Leonard Conley running the ball. Search was prob the only real top shelf OL guy. They were nowhere near “Physica”

What games did you watch?

First, Erickson inherited JJ's OLs and DLs. He didn't run out and change all the players from physical to finesse. Certainly, Erickson's line play in 1994 was a lot different from 1989, but let's not pretend like there was no physicality in 89, 90, 91.

Second, sure, we had Leonard Conley (who was a JJ recruit). We also had Stephen McGuire and Larry Jones and James Stewart and Donnell Bennett.

Go back and actually watch the games. Or better yet, get in a time machine and see the games from the student section. There was a lot of physicality going on during Erickson's best (first few) years.

Advertisement
My god some of you...

brokenrecord-996295478.gif

Advertisement
The Italian food down in Little Italy in the Bronx is better IMO. I may be a bit biased though because my wife was born and raised in The Bronx and grew on on Arthur Avenue. The Mulberry St area is touristy and most of the Italian joints there aren’t even owned and operated by Italian’s anymore.The Albanians have pretty much taken over Little Italy in Manhattan.
Brooklyn has better Italian than the Bronx

This. We have a complicated offense where guys are unsure and on two different levels with communication. The wr’s are running wrong / sloppy routes , a qb that’s expecting a different route , route got broke off early or they extended the stem deeper than it should. I called it out during the S Miss. TVD is guessing and not even sure what’s going on with the routes and before that he has to read the coverage. That’s why he’s patting the ball and his feet are choppy. It’s very easy to see when guys aren’t comfortable or are thinking versus playing.
Stupid question: are the coaches aware of this?

If so, I hope the solution isn’t, “study more film, bro!”

Obviously that’s important, but if certain guys are totally lost, that’s on the coaches. They have to help their guys out and bring them along slowly.

Advertisement
I think you need to watch the game again.
I watched again last night. Some different versions with different camera angles.

Red zone aside, I was wrong.

Certain breakdowns contributing at different positions and some bad route running. Need to coach them up or QB needs to get with his receivers more often

I still think this offense can be way more creative to help the receivers and utilize the TEs more while simplifying things a bit for TVD. He has the time to make the throes. O-line is really good but safeties crash down because they know it’s a run so I think you need to add more RPO options on plays because if not the plays will become too predictable.

Last edited:
Ladson was a bad miss, this board called that immediately for the most part. I think the second guy was a hail Mary.

The WR room isn't very good and the two transfers being non-factors and deep on the depth chart is definitely alarming. At best Ladson is 6th on the chart (X, K. Smith, B. Smith, Redding, Brinson - 7th if you count George)...not cracking the real rotation is hard times. Our WR room has been pretty rough, but the transfers we have gotten have been able to come in and really star for us. Ladson is sub-role player at this point.

Advertisement
Back