Tired of making the same post

View as article
Every time you give a food/restaurant recommendation, this is me…..

Spying I Hear You GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Trust him on Stasio's.

Also, Stasio's and Pig Floyd's (BBQ) are about to open a joint restaurant called Pigzza on Mills Avenue, which will combine smoked and barbecued meats and pizza.

1663724466557.png

Advertisement
Trust him on Stasio's.

Also, Stasio's and Pig Floyd's (BBQ) are about to open a joint restaurant called Pigzza on Mills Avenue, which will combine smoked and barbecued meats and pizza.

View attachment 208942
I didnt know that. Both places make killer food. Stasio's meatball sub is just freaking lights out . They make all there own bread, which to me is as important as everything else on any type sandwich, burger etc...

Advertisement
The problem was A&M was sitting on a lot of routes , even the zone coverages the db’s were were shadowing the receivers, the coverage was perfect to routes. There wasn’t many holes . Especially in the second half. There was multiple times where the receiver got blasted because the routes were right into the teeth of the coverage , they just waited for the receiver to catch and blasted them.

As I’ve said I was told before the season guys would regress. It’s a difficult system to pick up to todays standards, he lacks creativity and he has tendencies that get exposed. That’s why Weiss was brought in , he’s was their J Brady. Harbaugh was also more involved , last year was sink or swim time. After 2020 he was dead man walking. Before last season Gattis‘s resume as a play caller was limited and unimpressive. One year made him a hot name. Before that fans wasn’t happy.

There’s a reason I came in here a week before the season saying I hope he implements some of Lashlees concepts and formations. Everyone knew the issue was wr back in spring. I know for a fact spacing makes a huge difference with getting guys open. Rhett schemed guys wide open all the time. From Rooster, Brevin, Mallory , Arroyo, Rambo , Harley and others over the last couple years. We got guys singled up in mismatches or 1v1’s because of formations , concepts and spreading the defense thin. Pressuring the seams / safeties. None of that I saw Saturday and not much before that. But I did see hundred drags routes to te’s and wr’s. Oh and multiple flea flickers.

This is a really fair point. Gattis does need to do a better job matching play calls to coverage. This is cause for much of the complaints about separation. The routes cover the receiver for the defense.

He needs to realize from his Michigan experience that he doesn’t have a lot of time. Harbaugh wasn’t lighting the world on fire before Gattis and until 2020 , the results were in line with his track record there. Harbaugh pulled out the stops coaching for his job. 2019 the offense came around as the year went on. 2020 was weird. The season is cancelled, then it isn’t, but you have to make it work with a couple first time starters that are not very good. Milton was awful. Harbaugh failed at the most important position and Gattis took the blame trying to work around it. Then you got to go play Wisky and Penn State. Want to know how off that year was? Indiana had the second best record in the conference.

Gattis is getting paid too much for excuses though. He has a talented qb and has to figure out how to get some points on the board. Watching his quarterbacks miss open guys makes me think TVD can make this work. Kid is a hard worker, he should be able to hit these guys as he gets more comfortable. I will reevaluate my position come November.

Great question. On gattis the wr coach it’s too to say for me if he’s good or bad but a lot of the guys he has developed or taken their game to another level have 1 thing in common. They were all pretty good route runners coming out of hs. I think in Miami he has two guys who run above average routes in restrepo and george. He’s extremely particular in his teachings and it jumps out if you just watch the WR’s. They look like they’re thinking every step of their route but that’s because they are. Simplified in lashelee’s scheme it was run to a spot and based upon the coverage you’re open or not. Gattis teaches a lot more sight adjustments and he teaches 5 different ways to run the same route (think of that Keyshawn comeback that was missed). All in all give it time

Great insight into the Gattis approach to route running, SouthParkCane. Highly doubt that approach of running routes 5 different ways is going to work here. These aren't pros. You only get so much time to work with them. Simple is better. Fluid is better. Full speed is better. The passing game looked way more polished last year (when it was simple). If that type of simple but highly effective passing game is combined with an effective rushing attack (which it now looks like we have), the offense would really improve. Nine (9) points just isn't very good. We will get boatraced by UNC...and beaten by some other ACC teams, if we don't get the offense rolling soon. Everyone always talks down the level of competition in the ACC (and old Corstal), but the ACC has had a lot of quality QBs and scoring is typically fairly robust in most games. Here were last year's scores by our opponents:

Ga Tech: 30
NC State: 30
UVA: 30
VaTech: 26
NC: 45
Pitt: 34
FSU: 31

OK, Duke stank last year & only scored 10.

We'll likely need to score 30 points per game just to be competitive in the ACC...and more than that to win. Against UNC, potentially a lot more than that. We should be targeting basketball scores not squash scores (1st player to 9 points).

Advertisement
Brinson was a non-factor like the other WRs. Arroyo, I agree with you. I prefer him over Mallory.

Brinson made a spectacular catch on the fade route in the end zone last year.

I know it isn’t much, but we haven’t seen anyone else on this team high point a pass like that. When you are struggling to score like we are, we have to evaluate all your options.

For 50 years (except for my time at UM). Just moved to ATL, though.

Will be back. Family. Mom just had surgery, so I'll be down to visit.
Awesome man. What part of town are you from if you don't mind me asking? I've been in Orlando from 72-80 then again from 88-present. I lived in Miami from 80-88 in the Miami Lakes area west of the NW 154th st exit and that is how I discovered UM football. My dad taught at the UM med school part time so we would go to the Hecht on the weekends sometimes.

Here in Orlando I've lived mostly on the north side of town in the Longwood/Wekiwa Springs area. It's home but I do miss Miami. Miami is a whole different atmosphere and I could see myself going back under the right circumstances. How are you liking Atlanta? Haven't even been through there since I was very young.

The 89 team was very physical...you can't be serious...Gino wasn't the starter, Erickson was.
No they were not. Erickson ram zero physical concepts. He was never e even known for that. That team had guys like Leonard Conley running the ball. Search was prob the only real top shelf OL guy. They were nowhere near “Physica”

I'm sorry, but if you're too young to have watched 1991 Miami at FSU and 1992 FSU at Miami and think that wasn't physical football, you just shouldn't comment. Those games were brawls.
Lmao. I attended all of those games in person. Those lines were speed lines, not bruising lines like what Mario is trying to do now. Don’t confuse speed with what MC is trying to do now

I’ve probably attended more games in person over the last 30 years than most folks, including every NC game dating back to 83 (home and away)

Advertisement
sent this to a few and made some other posts, but here is my overall opinion. The team has improved overall a ton; however, two things stick out to me.

1. That loss is 100% coaching. The OC and HC have to own that one. The highlight of that is the second to last drive, the one we really HAVE to punch it in for a TD. We call TWO designed QB runs. Unforgivable. Two throw away plays that have to be called differently.
2. TVD is not at all going through progressions. He literally doesn't move his head from his first option \ read. I don't know if that is on him or the OC, but that is a major problem. You don't see this too well on TV, cause there the camera chases and field of perspective, but when you watch it from the stands and look at it like game tape reviews after a game, it really stands out. When major plays are there on the second or third read, that's a big problem and I don't know how well that can be fixed. Either way, that one is also on coaching.

Overall, just disappointed about that game

Advertisement
Best Italian food there is...The Mulberry St area in Manhattan is the best of the best besides Brooklyn.
The Italian food down in Little Italy in the Bronx is better IMO. I may be a bit biased though because my wife was born and raised in The Bronx and grew on on Arthur Avenue. The Mulberry St area is touristy and most of the Italian joints there aren’t even owned and operated by Italian’s anymore.The Albanians have pretty much taken over Little Italy in Manhattan.

hes uncomfortable and guys are getting re routed at times as well. if they're running wrong routes, getting re-routed, or running routes incorrectly in an offense that requires precision, hes gonna get thrown off his rhythm. it should be there once he drops back instead hes waiting for the receiver to finish the route off or they're not where they're supposed to be
This. We have a complicated offense where guys are unsure and on two different levels with communication. The wr’s are running wrong / sloppy routes , a qb that’s expecting a different route , route got broke off early or they extended the stem deeper than it should. I called it out during the S Miss. TVD is guessing and not even sure what’s going on with the routes and before that he has to read the coverage. That’s why he’s patting the ball and his feet are choppy. It’s very easy to see when guys aren’t comfortable or are thinking versus playing.

This. We have a complicated offense where guys are unsure and on two different levels with communication. The wr’s are running wrong / sloppy routes , a qb that’s expecting a different route , route got broke off early or they extended the stem deeper than it should. I called it out during the S Miss. TVD is guessing and not even sure what’s going on with the routes and before that he has to read the coverage. That’s why he’s patting the ball and his feet are choppy. It’s very easy to see when guys aren’t comfortable or are thinking versus playing.
TVD mentioned yesterday that they’ll be implementing some of the plays that were successful last year. Will that help or just further complicate things?

Advertisement
Back