Timmy trolling or what???

Advertisement
No, buts its a ******* start and a change from guys who stand still for 7 seconds waiting to see what is going on after the ball is snapped
Have to agree, who’s scheme was that? Bakers? Couldn’t believe they stood there without moving for a solid 3 seconds.
Our linebackers were terrible last year, we definitely need one from the portal.

Have to agree, who’s scheme was that? Bakers? Couldn’t believe they stood there without moving for a solid 3 seconds.
Our linebackers were terrible last year, we definitely need one from the portal.
It’s been said before, the fact that Jennings graded out at a 29 against UNC tells me everything I need to know about the quality of the LB play. I believe Roman or someone commented that you play more that a certain amount of snaps, you get 20. I mean, WTF.

Hopefully that comes through. Not saying he'll be an All American but man that would really help us.
I commented a couple weeks back that the kid needs to be a priority. I dnt remember who replied but he said that hes not that good. However i think he has to be better than what we got. The LB play was horrible this year.

If this guy is decent we got to go after him. He was a 5* he has to have talent.

Advertisement
Not necessarily true.

He's had 105 total tackles with 7.5TFL’s & 2 sacks in the first 2 years of his career at USC.

His best game was last year vs Utah with 14tcks, he also had 9tcks vs BYU, 9tcks vs Washington, 6tcks vs Notre Dame & 8tcks vs Iowa.

He only played in 2 games this season before he got injured with a concussion.

Plays both Mike & Weak Side LB, but would be a Mike in our system, has good diagnosis ability & does a good job scraping into the gap & getting to the ball carrier, is a bit of a reckless hitter, tends to just throw his entire body at the runner rather than identifying his target, but that can be coached up.

His speed is not an issue, I’m not sure what yall are watching but I saw solid movement & good angles against the run on the backside with fluid change of direction, he's not stiff IMO at all & he can Blitz really well, which means Diaz would salivate to use him in that role in this Defense.

In comparisons to McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Flagg & Brooks, he’s better & more productive than all of them.

He would be an instant impact starter & would help improve the LB corps the day he set foot on campus.

However, I don’t trust this dude Tim Reynolds, he has the tendency to soup up stuff like we’re making moves behind the scenes when in reality it’s usually just a bunch of fluff & bullshìt, either he has a source that feeds him bad info or he just be reaching.

Palaie’s younger brother Ma’a signed with Mich State last month, so they probably have the lead for Palaie as well, but if we have room & can get him he’s a definite take IMO. I’d much rather go into the season with Pal in the LB group than sticking with all these subpar *** upperclassmen we have who can’t play.

good breakdown of the LB -- with reynolds -- yes. he did that with the let the ink dry **** and it was essentially about rambo

Advertisement
God awful....Patke has absolutely NO business being a UM LBer coach....NONE...and lets not kid ourselves...even when Shaq was here the LBing was mediocre at best.

baker was ILB patke does Strikers (tho it says OLB - but we rarely ever use 3 LBs)

Advertisement
See... Whether you agreed or disagreed that we should pursue him, I can totally respect your take because you actually provided stats and broke down his film. What I personally see in his video are things that our starting LBs lacked. Definitely would be an upgrade over what we put out on that field.
I don’t think he’d be an All-American or anything, but I feel he would be a significant upgrade from our current LB group.

Maybe he’s a B+ player at best idk, but the LB’s are all C/D- right now, so I think you take him & hope he has a Phillips/Bolden type impact at best or serviceable starter at the very least.

I think there’s some upside there because imo he fits our scheme better than USC’s.

Even if he’s not the guy or he doesn’t come here, it’s beyond clear we’re in need of a Portal LB.

gil was good this past year. didnt have complaints with our strikers specifically. we sucked in the return game and fielding punts tho.
Our STs have been trash since forever
As an example....our Probation teams STs under Butch were the best in the country....

Advertisement
Not necessarily true.

He's had 105 total tackles with 7.5TFL’s & 2 sacks in the first 2 years of his career at USC.

His best game was last year vs Utah with 14tcks, he also had 9tcks vs BYU, 9tcks vs Washington, 6tcks vs Notre Dame & 8tcks vs Iowa.

He only played in 2 games this season before he got injured with a concussion.

Plays both Mike & Weak Side LB, but would be a Mike in our system, has good diagnosis ability & does a good job scraping into the gap & getting to the ball carrier, is a bit of a reckless hitter, tends to just throw his entire body at the runner rather than identifying his target, but that can be coached up.

His speed is not an issue, I’m not sure what yall are watching but I saw solid movement & good angles against the run on the backside with fluid change of direction, he's not stiff IMO at all & he can Blitz really well, which means Diaz would salivate to use him in that role in this Defense.

In comparisons to McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Flagg & Brooks, he’s better & more productive than all of them.

He would be an instant impact starter & would help improve the LB corps the day he set foot on campus.

However, I don’t trust this dude Tim Reynolds, he has the tendency to soup up stuff like we’re making moves behind the scenes when in reality it’s usually just a bunch of fluff & bullshìt, either he has a source that feeds him bad info or he just be reaching.

Palaie’s younger brother Ma’a signed with Mich State last month, so they probably have the lead for Palaie as well, but if we have room & can get him he’s a definite take IMO. I’d much rather go into the season with Pal in the LB group than sticking with all these subpar *** upperclassmen we have who can’t play.

Exactly. Agree with everything.

But like you said, I don’t trust Reynolds. He’s never been right about these things. It started with Golden, if you recall.

Don’t know anything specific about this kid, but I can confirm we are in the market for a Portal LB.
I like the kid from Texas the most.

Provided he stays healthy, hes a Miami LB.

Btw two opponents to keep an eye on next season : FSU and GT. They will be vastly improved thanks to the portal. They have good coaching. We better be ready.

Advertisement
Back