Timmy trolling or what???

I like the kid from Texas the most.

Provided he stays healthy, hes a Miami LB.

Btw two opponents to keep an eye on next season : FSU and GT. They will be vastly improved thanks to the portal. They have good coaching. We better be ready.
Fsu might...MIGHT be better than last yr. Their biggest issue was on the OL. And they will go into the new season with those same issues. Oh... And still trash at QB.

Advertisement
Nah He’s not wayyy more athletic then shaq. Not at all. Most those plays in his highlight are him coming down hill. Absolutely no plays of in space or sideline to sideline. The kid can strike no doubt. But comparing him as a LB to shaq athletically not even close

Shaq ran a 4.74 at the combine and this USC kid ran a 4.95 yet. This scheme puts slow LB's in the wood chipper.

He’s okay, and would probably be an upgrade but wouldn’t he regress here and look like a bum with Faker coaching him? I’m all for competition, but I don’t think he is special enough to overcome that. He definitely is a scheme fit though and will fvck some sh*t up bare minimum.

The plan originally was not to take a lb as I posted in original thread, then unc happened. I’d prefer a more athletic player but we need an upgrade regardless. I also posted if he was a take it would have to be after the bump in spots, because I knew about the portal kids. De, cb and wr was a priority.

So he’s going to have to wait until the ncaa gets of their asses. If we want he’d jump for sure.

Advertisement
The plan originally was not to take a lb as I posted in original thread, then unc happened. I’d prefer a more athletic player but we need an upgrade regardless. I also posted if he was a take it would have to be after the bump in spots, because I knew about the portal kids. De, cb and wr was a priority.

So he’s going to have to wait until the ncaa gets of their asses. If we want he’d jump for sure.
Thank you for repeating yourself. You called it man. 💯

Advertisement
Shaq ran a 4.74 at the combine and this USC kid ran a 4.95 yet. This scheme puts slow LB's in the wood chipper.
4.7 is not slow for a ILB. This kid has some short area explosiveness evident by his striking. But he’s far less twitchy in space. Shaq made impressive plays in space even as a true freshman. This kid has 0 of those type of plays. Granted it’s just a HL tape but I’d like to see at glimpses of that ability. And in honesty in our scheme our ILB need to be able to run laterally fairly well. I think if this guy dropped 10-15 LBs of weight it would help

He’s okay, and would probably be an upgrade but wouldn’t he regress here and look like a bum with Faker coaching him? I’m all for competition, but I don’t think he is special enough to overcome that. He definitely is a scheme fit though and will fvck some sh*t up bare minimum.
Idk I thought shaq played his best szn in bakers scheme. Not defending the results but gotta say baker not working with the most talented group.

Advertisement
4.7 is not slow for a ILB. This kid has some short area explosiveness evident by his striking. But he’s far less twitchy in space. Shaq made impressive plays in space even as a true freshman. This kid has 0 of those type of plays. Granted it’s just a HL tape but I’d like to see at glimpses of that ability. And in honesty in our scheme our ILB need to be able to run laterally fairly well. I think if this guy dropped 10-15 LBs of weight it would help
I agree 4.7 isn't slow for an ILB but we saw Shaq struggle sideline to sideline, this kid runs a 4.95. That's the prob.

Don’t know anything specific about this kid, but I can confirm we are in the market for a Portal LB.

I keep asking this question and I don’t know if anyone has an answer, because I don’t know if the NCAA has let anybody know yet, but are we ever going to find out what the final ruling is on the number of ICs that are going to be allowed finally?

I agree 4.7 isn't slow for an ILB but we saw Shaq struggle sideline to sideline, this kid runs a 4.95. That's the prob.
I think we saw shaq get outran by RBs and slot WRs at times. But that happens to every ILB on the CFB level. I don’t think that aspect was necessarily a weakness of his. But he definitely wasn’t Lavonte David or that kid from LSU

Advertisement
Nah He’s not wayyy more athletic then shaq. Not at all. Most those plays in his highlight are him coming down hill. Absolutely no plays of in space or sideline to sideline. The kid can strike no doubt. But comparing him as a LB to shaq athletically not even close

It's crazy to think that a year ago, this board or some posters were criticizing shaq and pink for not being "athletic enough" and I think we all agree that we would take em both back in a heartbeat.

I agree that we should recruit more athletic lb's for today's game and don't miss out on local studs (ex.Hyppolite) but I also do think that you need a true thumper that is willing to take on blocks. We were clearly missing a guy like that and when you have guys like BJ and McCloud that are not that physical and are running around chickens without heads, then it gets ugly quick.

It's crazy to think that a year ago, this board or some posters were criticizing shaq and pink for not being "athletic enough" and I think we all agree that we would take em both back in a heartbeat.

I agree that we should recruit more athletic lb's for today's game and don't miss out on local studs (ex.Hyppolite) but I also do think that you need a true thumper that is willing to take on blocks. We were clearly missing a guy like that and when you have guys like BJ and McCloud that are not that physical and are running around chickens without heads, then it gets ugly quick.
Sad to say but yes, I am one of those guys who used to **** on Shaq for getting burnt all the time. I did appreciate everything else tho.... especially now man lol. I'll definitely take him and Pickney back no questions!

Advertisement
Back