Timmy trolling or what???

I don’t think he’d be an All-American or anything, but I feel he would be a significant upgrade from our current LB group.

Maybe he’s a B+ player at best idk, but the LB’s are all C/D- right now, so I think you take him & hope he has a Phillips/Bolden type impact at best or serviceable starter at the very least.

I think there’s some upside there because imo he fits our scheme better than USC’s.

Even if he’s not the guy or he doesn’t come here, it’s beyond clear we’re in need of a Portal LB.
That’s the part I don’t agree with. I don’t see a Phillips/Bolden type of impact at all. I think we’ll see better names in the portal this spring, IMO. But we’ll see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Have to agree, who’s scheme was that? Bakers? Couldn’t believe they stood there without moving for a solid 3 seconds.
Our linebackers were terrible last year, we definitely need one from the portal.
Standing still for an hour ain't because of scheme buddy. That on the inability to diagnose a play and failure on preparation by the player. Instead of doing whatever they were doing they should be breaking down more film on their own without having someone hold their hands

Not necessarily true.

He's had 105 total tackles with 7.5TFL’s & 2 sacks in the first 2 years of his career at USC.

His best game was last year vs Utah with 14tcks, he also had 9tcks vs BYU, 9tcks vs Washington, 6tcks vs Notre Dame & 8tcks vs Iowa.

He only played in 2 games this season before he got injured with a concussion.
He definitely wasn’t impressing this year and got passed up by Talanoa. That’s pretty much why he bounced.

I don’t think he’d be an All-American or anything, but I feel he would be a significant upgrade from our current LB group.

Maybe he’s a B+ player at best idk, but the LB’s are all C/D- right now, so I think you take him & hope he has a Phillips/Bolden type impact at best or serviceable starter at the very least.

I think there’s some upside there because imo he fits our scheme better than USC’s.

Even if he’s not the guy or he doesn’t come here, it’s beyond clear we’re in need of a Portal LB.
The guys at the Draft Network view him similar to you. Really good athlete, rare to see someone move like that at 250 lbs. Before the season started they featured him on their LBs to watch pod, and they were really high on him. Saw him as a definite starter in the NFL

Advertisement
But we need to understand if we land this kid what we are getting....he is a thumper. In the mold of shaq probably even less athleticism. Also Who many on this board trashed.. But I get the hype. Was a highly rated kid. Good instincts that showed up at USC. Needs to try and reshape his body in my opinion. Best coming down hill not sideline to sideline.
Way more athletic than Shaq! He is quick af. You need that run stuffer still in football.
you can always take him out on third down for Brooks

Advertisement
Way more athletic than Shaq! He is quick af. You need that run stuffer still in football.
you can always take him out on third down for Brooks
Nah He’s not wayyy more athletic then shaq. Not at all. Most those plays in his highlight are him coming down hill. Absolutely no plays of in space or sideline to sideline. The kid can strike no doubt. But comparing him as a LB to shaq athletically not even close

I like the kid from Texas the most.

Provided he stays healthy, hes a Miami LB.

Btw two opponents to keep an eye on next season : FSU and GT. They will be vastly improved thanks to the portal. They have good coaching. We better be ready.
Ummm You do realize FSU might not be able to field an OL and if they do It's going to be very very bad?

Advertisement
hes strikers/ST but tech it says OLB (we all know hes just strikers and ST tho and for strikers, we've been good there so i dont have any complaints with his work there)
This is actually pretty hilarious and true. Patke is listed as Outside Linebackers Coach and Baker is listed as Inside Linebackers Coach. Meanwhile, none of our Linebackers are listed as either inside or outside LBs (there are only "Linebackers" and "Strikers" on the official roster). But we know anecdotally that Patke coaches (at least) the Strikers.

I like the kid from Texas the most.

Provided he stays healthy, hes a Miami LB.

Btw two opponents to keep an eye on next season : FSU and GT. They will be vastly improved thanks to the portal. They have good coaching. We better be ready.
FSU and GT well coached?! Yeah right

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back