Timmy trolling or what???

Advertisement
Have the kid drop 10-15 lbs. and see if that helps with his issues in space. Nobody is playing LB at 250 lbs. anymore, even Bama has Christian Harris at 230 lbs. and Dylan Moses at 240 (an inch taller than this kid though).

Advertisement
weird squeeze GIF by ELMØ

Advertisement
Anyone saying meh clearly hasn't watched our guys at linebacker at all last year. He would/will come in and be top dog at linebacker day 1
Is our standard now to accept meh linebackers? Being better than McCloud and Jennings and Flagg isn’t much to write home about. The kid was a 5 star and largely been a disappointment himself.

Is our standard now to accept meh linebackers? Being better than McCloud and Jennings and Flagg isn’t much to write home about. The kid was a 5 star and largely been a disappointment himself.
No, buts its a ******* start and a change from guys who stand still for 7 seconds waiting to see what is going on after the ball is snapped

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lacks athleticism.... Did you watch us last yr? C'mon man. Saying he'll be our best LB is not so much of a great thing the way you think I'm saying it. That's how poor our LB performance was.
I got you. He will make the room more competitive but hes still a poor fit for this scheme.

Not necessarily true.

He's had 105 total tackles with 7.5TFL’s & 2 sacks in the first 2 years of his career at USC.

His best game was last year vs Utah with 14tcks, he also had 9tcks vs BYU, 9tcks vs Washington, 6tcks vs Notre Dame & 8tcks vs Iowa.

He only played in 2 games this season before he got injured with a concussion.

Plays both Mike & Weak Side LB, but would be a Mike in our system, has good diagnosis ability & does a good job scraping into the gap & getting to the ball carrier, is a bit of a reckless hitter, tends to just throw his entire body at the runner rather than identifying his target, but that can be coached up.

His speed is not an issue, I’m not sure what yall are watching but I saw solid movement & good angles against the run on the backside with fluid change of direction, he's not stiff IMO at all & he can Blitz really well, which means Diaz would salivate to use him in that role in this Defense.

In comparisons to McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Flagg & Brooks, he’s better & more productive than all of them.

He would be an instant impact starter & would help improve the LB corps the day he set foot on campus.

However, I don’t trust this dude Tim Reynolds, he has the tendency to soup up stuff like we’re making moves behind the scenes when in reality it’s usually just a bunch of fluff & bullshìt, either he has a source that feeds him bad info or he just be reaching.

Palaie’s younger brother Ma’a signed with Mich State last month, so they probably have the lead for Palaie as well, but if we have room & can get him he’s a definite take IMO. I’d much rather go into the season with Pal in the LB group than sticking with all these subpar *** upperclassmen we have who can’t play.
See... Whether you agreed or disagreed that we should pursue him, I can totally respect your take because you actually provided stats and broke down his film. What I personally see in his video are things that our starting LBs lacked. Definitely would be an upgrade over what we put out on that field.

Advertisement
Back