Time To Laugh: An Excerpt From Al's End Of Year Letter To

Advertisement
Can someone post this on twitter so it goes viral and golden knows his own players are laughing at him

It has already been done.

The best part of this is that no matter who did it, it's a Golden player.

Everybody left on the roster was recruited by this staff.

So if some slurper wants to buck up talking **** about players "not buying in," there's no one other to blame other than Golden. No player left was coached by Shannon's staff. This mess is all on Golden.

This is the email you send in corporate America so you can show your boss that you are "setting the tone". But really you send this so that when it goes to **** you can say that you tried and the employees didn't get it.

Shockingly shallow this is....

It really does read like an end of year letter that a CEO would send out to the entire company talking about how the market tanking was what hurt the company this year, etc...

Too funny.

It's over boys, it's all ******* over. Fly the distress flags, save yourself.
image.jpg

Advertisement
Can someone post this on twitter so it goes viral and golden knows his own players are laughing at him

It has already been done.

The best part of this is that no matter who did it, it's a Golden player.

Everybody left on the roster was recruited by this staff.

So if some slurper wants to buck up talking **** about players "not buying in," there's no one other to blame other than Golden. No player left was coached by Shannon's staff. This mess is all on Golden.
Or a coach or staff. Went to them too.

No player read that ****. And if they did, they did it together and laughed at it.

What a seeping bag of diarrhea that was. It's precisely that sort of philosophical approach to coaching and the game of football that guarantees his failure no matter if he scapegoats assistants or not.

I was wondering how long it would be before Folden or one of his ***** brought up TCU. It was only a matter of time.

Advertisement
The Canesport interview is the letter in the annual report for corporate America.

#uninspired

Hard to believe that's Golden. I guess I'll accept it, but if true he writes exactly the opposite of the way he speaks. That is very, very rare, to say the least.

He's matter of fact in interviews, understated and methodical even if plenty of it is baloney. That letter reads like a 5th grade girl. I didn't dare bother to count the exclamation points. I'd be here all night. He rarely finished a sentence and certainly not a paragraph minus another exclamation point, or several.

Not much is weaker or more pathetic than abuse of exclamation points. The words are supposed to speak for themselves, eliminating the need. I remember when my college sportswriting teacher said that editors treat use of exclamation points as one of the easiest methods to quickly reject applicants. He said exclamation points should be used only for irony or humor, nothing else. Put them where they seemingly don't belong, and allow the readers to figure it out, to catch onto the joke. I had already figured that out a decade earlier.

Advertisement
He has no soul (in the musical sense) for this game or what it takes to be a winner. It's all bookish buzzwords and self help platitudes.
When we need a Vince Lombardi to lead us we're stuck with a guy doing a weak imitation of Anthony Robbins. Not good.

Advertisement
My four year old daughter would call me out on this bull**** doublespeak. I can't imagine it has much of an impact on grown *** men, the majority of who were raised in the inner city.

he actually starts the letter out by saying the giants beat the undefeated pats 2 years ago?

first of all it was 3 years ago.

second of all it was the 2007 season that the pats were undefeated, not 3 years ago.

Advertisement
Back