Time to be Real

You need consecutive monster recruiting classes in a row im talking top 3 to compete at the playoff level. Basically what georgia has done since they got Kirby. The problem is there's only so many of those high end elite offensive lineman and defensive front 7 players to go around I dont know how you pry them away from those schools.

If you dont have the big movers up front you can get close with scheme and QB play (oklahoma oregon who lost in the playoff) clemson won without elite O line but had elite upperclassmen defensive line and spectacular NFL level QBs
As you can see, coaching is still very important with all of that talent. Kirby is a choke artist.

Advertisement
Aight fellas, after being at that game here’s some things that are clear and might be hard to admit as a fan: Alabama is on a whole different level. I see the threads talking about feeley, coaches and unpreparedness. But they have a whole different level of athlete top too bottom..and quite frankly it’s not even close. Obviously a disappointing result. I don’t think our guys quit or were unprepared..just ran into a buzz saw of the best cfb program reloading along with the birth of a **** stud in Bryce young along with possibly the best Defense bama has fielded in years.

We are 2/3 recruiting cycles away from even sniffing that level. Let’s just keep it real. Seeing The size and speed in person of that Team from Bama was a wide awake for me as too what the gap really is from where we are talent wise compared to a team like Bama..the best part, it was just a jamboree and a measuring stick..the end game is the same, 10 plus wins, coastal chip, close on recruiting.

that Bama game is what it is. But hopefully it was a reality check to the staff and program as whole as to how important it is to emphasize recruiting.
Our Corchin’ Staph is COVID laced ****

Stevenson was correct when he noted how much bigger the players were at UGA than UM. SEC lines are different. I just think there are a lot more guys who are 6 feet 185 and can run fast and play receiver or d-back than there are guys who are 6'5" 320 lbs and can move their feet. We used to get those guys.
In the lead up to the Rose Bowl in 2001 Nebraska had their biggest guy stand next to our biggest guy. You would think McKinnie or Wilfork who were both enormous. No, our biggest guy was Vernon Carey. Our lines had real size and could run.
Seeing anyone try to rush Evan Neal was as silly as anyone trying to get past McKinnie in 2000-2001.

But Stevenson also said this team was fast. For yrs we’ve been hearing how, “in practice”, this team is notably faster, but whether we play Bama, FIU, BC, UNC, or even NC St last yr, I don’t see a fast team. I see fast moments, but not a fast team. Strength wise, I see us have good moments, like Gaynor pancaking someone, or Zion holding his leverage, but then I’ll see our guys on both sides get completely blown off the ball, or getting dragged for extra yardage, no matter who we play.

So I don’t take the Bama game as they are so much more superior than us from a player on player standpoint, versus what we’ve seen for a while from the entire staff. If we saw UF, & Ole Miss (Mullen & Kiffin) make Bama sweat w/ far inferior athletes, against a vet team, then we definitely should’ve made them sweat against a young, mostly inexperienced team.

The positive I saw was X, Smith (w/ a pretty snag going across the middle), Flagg having some good moments, McCloud having some good moments, and Oluwaseun looking like a solid pick up. That’s my solace.

Aight fellas, after being at that game here’s some things that are clear and might be hard to admit as a fan: Alabama is on a whole different level. I see the threads talking about feeley, coaches and unpreparedness. But they have a whole different level of athlete top too bottom..and quite frankly it’s not even close. Obviously a disappointing result. I don’t think our guys quit or were unprepared..just ran into a buzz saw of the best cfb program reloading along with the birth of a **** stud in Bryce young along with possibly the best Defense bama has fielded in years.

We are 2/3 recruiting cycles away from even sniffing that level. Let’s just keep it real. Seeing The size and speed in person of that Team from Bama was a wide awake for me as too what the gap really is from where we are talent wise compared to a team like Bama..the best part, it was just a jamboree and a measuring stick..the end game is the same, 10 plus wins, coastal chip, close on recruiting.

that Bama game is what it is. But hopefully it was a reality check to the staff and program as whole as to how important it is to emphasize recruiting.
I kept telling these 15-0 zombies they haven't seen elite players stacked in a long time. They forget what greatness looks like cause they just watch UM. All u gotta do is watch 2000-02 canes and know those are different types of athletes by a mile. And it was a cupboard full

Advertisement
I've no idea why we scheduled that game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "anytime, anywhere", but to quote the eyebrow - "stay in your lane". We're not ready for Alabama. Don't start scheduling those monster season openers until you win the ACC Coastal a few times.
I have no problem with scheduling the game, but what I do have a problem with is location. Everytime we schedule a "neutral" site game, it is always MUCH closer to the opponent than Miami. LSU in Texas, ND in Chicago, Florida in Orlando, etc. Schedule a home and away series or go to true neutral sites.

As far as just playing the Alabamas of the world, you have to. It is painful, no doubt, but you can't get to that level by just staying within the mediocrity of the ACC (Clemson excluded, but Miami plays them once every 6 years or so). The Canes need to learn how to compete on that level. It's not just the players by the way, the coaches need it as well. This current staff is running out of opportunities though. Manny and crew need to show they have learned something.

This is the quote from Tyrique:​

DOES MIAMI’S ROSTER TALENT MATCH UP WITH GEORGIA’S?

"When I first got here, I didn’t think so. But practicing with these guys and seeing these guys’ effort, it’s not that far off. They might be just a little bigger, they recruit bigger. That’s the only thing. As far as getting to the ball, we move faster here."

As you can see, coaching is still very important with all of that talent. Kirby is a choke artist.
Yeah but they are in contention for the playoffs almost every year and with that defense they'll be in every game this year, their linebackers were closing fast and explosive tacklers I dont think they have enough offensively to win it all though he cant get the QB position right

Advertisement

This is the quote from Tyrique:​

DOES MIAMI’S ROSTER TALENT MATCH UP WITH GEORGIA’S?

"When I first got here, I didn’t think so. But practicing with these guys and seeing these guys’ effort, it’s not that far off. They might be just a little bigger, they recruit bigger. That’s the only thing. As far as getting to the ball, we move faster here."

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Thank u good sir; exactly what I stated.

I have no problem with scheduling the game, but what I do have a problem with is location. Everytime we schedule a "neutral" site game, it is always MUCH closer to the opponent than Miami. LSU in Texas, ND in Chicago, Florida in Orlando, etc. Schedule a home and away series or go to true neutral sites.

As far as just playing the Alabamas of the world, you have to. It is painful, no doubt, but you can't get to that level by just staying within the mediocrity of the ACC (Clemson excluded, but Miami plays them once every 6 years or so). The Canes need to learn how to compete on that level. It's not just the players by the way, the coaches need it as well. This current staff is running out of opportunities though. Manny and crew need to show they have learned something.
Being at the game I can tell you the crowd was absolutely irrelevant. There was hardly any noise in the place. The game never got juiced up enough to warrant it.

Does the fact that Bama was much bigger make discussing coaching and preparedness a moot point? Do U believe that our coaching staff’s gameplanning was sufficient enough to pull off the upset if our players were “bigger”?

Last edited:
Does the fact that Bama was much bigger make discussing coaching and preparedness a moot point? Do U believe that our coaching staff’s gameplanning was sufficient enough to pull off the upset if our players were “bigger”?
Yes..when you get “out talented” there’s no game plan for that ****..everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth..

Advertisement
You all said that in 2018. Need 2/3 more classes like this. Guess how storm18 turned out? These talents aren’t getting developed and end up being JAGS.

Here’s the reality. We’re closer to FIU than we are to UNC. Mandy has been here for 6 painful years. These are his guys. This shtshow is his product.
And..you were a pro “play Lo” guy..sit down. U can’t tell a jag from a AA😂

2 to 3 more classes outside the top 10 and Mandy coaching will lead to the same awful team
There’s a big drop off from Bama/OSU and the rest of the country talent wise..Clemson and UGA probably next tier lol

But Stevenson also said this team was fast. For yrs we’ve been hearing how, “in practice”, this team is notably faster, but whether we play Bama, FIU, BC, UNC, or even NC St last yr, I don’t see a fast team. I see fast moments, but not a fast team. Strength wise, I see us have good moments, like Gaynor pancaking someone, or Zion holding his leverage, but then I’ll see our guys on both sides get completely blown off the ball, or getting dragged for extra yardage, no matter who we play.

So I don’t take the Bama game as they are so much more superior than us from a player on player standpoint, versus what we’ve seen for a while from the entire staff. If we saw UF, & Ole Miss (Mullen & Kiffin) make Bama sweat w/ far inferior athletes, against a vet team, then we definitely should’ve made them sweat against a young, mostly inexperienced team.

The positive I saw was X, Smith (w/ a pretty snag going across the middle), Flagg having some good moments, McCloud having some good moments, and Oluwaseun looking like a solid pick up. That’s my solace.
So do you feel we have comparable speed? I felt that the lines were the great difference (and play calling). But King looked good, Chaney is legit, we have some good receivers. I felt the size was the issue in this game and not a speed difference.

Advertisement

1631154694632.gif

They got Kongs like this putting you in a chokehold all day with no holding calls - it ain’t just crootin.
1631154841917.gif

Advertisement
Back