Time to be Real

I've no idea why we scheduled that game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "anytime, anywhere", but to quote the eyebrow - "stay in your lane". We're not ready for Alabama. Don't start scheduling those monster season openers until you win the ACC Coastal a few times.
Don’t schedule games unless your willing to finance the program at the same level the opponent is.

Advertisement
How was OSU able to beat us or even hang with Us during the ‘02 NC game despite our wide talent advantage over them? Well over the majority of that team’s roster never played a down in the NFL, so what happened that day? They did a lot of punching in our mouths, but they were the lesser talented team, I’m confused.
Bro maybe you should actually go look up that 2002 OSU roster..we had 6 future first rd picks starting that day..they had 7. That doesn’t include Maurice C who if not for trouble beyond football goes in the first..so to compare the talent gap at Bama vs 2021 Miami to what was on the field on both sides in that 2003 fiesta bowl is disingenuous tbh.

We had guys in position to make plays on 9 out of 10 snaps on defense. We didn't execute. Part of that is talent. Part of that is motivation/accountability. If Jennings or Ivey play in the 1st series of this week's game we'll know there's no accountability. Those guys were useless out there.
That 90plus play was on 26..not Ivey. I agree 4/11 needs to be on the field more tho. But like I said I was at that game I don’t think the kids quit at all. Most of those 3rd downs Bama converted were due to Bryce young really being better than what most the fan base expected..and I tried to tell y’all Bama was gonna let that kid spin it and just manage the game..the fact they trusted him on that 3rd dwn backed up in the end zone is proof of that..he’s the best QB we will play this szn. That includes UNC

We are 2/3 recruiting cycles away from even sniffing that level... But hopefully it was a reality check to the staff and program as whole as to how important it is to emphasize recruiting.
Been seeing that "We're 2-3 recruiting cycles away" on here since 2017 - Confucius says, "The journey with a 1000 miles begins with one step.” We have yet to find that first recruiting cycle to compete with Bama. That is easier said then done the more we lose on the national stage.

Advertisement
Games like this show how much progress this team has made... what we have learned is that we are just as bad today as we were 4 years ago..... we have had LSU, Clemson, UNC debacles to chart our progress... it is the same **** year after year.

...Manny has done nothing for this D in the 6 years he has had the reigns over this D... no recruiting, no development, no performance on the field...
All he has been great about is blowing smoke up our collective a$$es and stealing paychecks..

Yes, we need games like these to rip the bandaid off this festering wound of a program and expose it to sunshine before we make any real progress.
I think this week will tell us more about if what u say is true. App state is good program. Probably the best and most consistent g5 program rn. Need to go out and handle biz early

Been seeing that "We're 2-3 recruiting cycles away" on here since 2017 - Confucius says, "The journey with a 1000 miles begins with one step.” We have yet to find that first recruiting cycle to compete with Bama. That is easier said then done the more we lose on the national stage.
I don’t think anyone’s standard should be what’s going on at Bama..even sec rivals understand that. But yeah it usually takes stacking 4 straight classes

This week we play Mercer. The coach has not been happy with the intensity in practice. Games like this he will jump up and down much more than next week when we go to Gainseville. Mario Cristobal made a statement about the Bama program that I thought should resonate as a barometer of success for everyone.

Joel Klatt shared that he recently had a conversation with Oregon head coach/former Alabama assistant Mario Cristobal, who succinctly summed up why Alabama is always so strong.

“He said, ‘At Alabama, for those players and the staff, every day is a reckoning.'”

Talent is what it is, you aren't winning without top 10 recruits, even top 5 over a period of time. Right now, TAMU is legit because Jimbo has the Aggies at a point where he now has the athletes to replace the athletes who move on. He has smoked Texas for in-state talent for 3 years now. His LOS players are elite, his skilled guys are deep. That is how you become a problem at any conference.

But you still have to be relentless about your intentions every game.

Our last 2 classes are heading in the right direction. Problem is those 2 classes would be BY FAR ALABAMA's worst classes in years. So our best recruiting classes would be their worst.

We keep stacking talent like Leonard Taylor, Chase Smith, James Williams, Kam, this long athletic CB class we have committed, then add talent like Shemar Stewart, Wesley Bissainthe, and Nyjalik Kelly our defense will have the talent, length, and athleticism to compete against the best.

Advertisement
This week we play Mercer. The coach has not been happy with the intensity in practice. Games like this he will jump up and down much more than next week when we go to Gainseville. Mario Cristobal made a statement about the Bama program that I thought should resonate as a barometer of success for everyone.

Joel Klatt shared that he recently had a conversation with Oregon head coach/former Alabama assistant Mario Cristobal, who succinctly summed up why Alabama is always so strong.

“He said, ‘At Alabama, for those players and the staff, every day is a reckoning.'”

Talent is what it is, you aren't winning without top 10 recruits, even top 5 over a period of time. Right now, TAMU is legit because Jimbo has the Aggies at a point where he now has the athletes to replace the athletes who move on. He has smoked Texas for in-state talent for 3 years now. His LOS players are elite, his skilled guys are deep. That is how you become a problem at any conference.

But you still have to be relentless about your intentions every game.
Problem is, Miami fans (plenty of them) are under the impression stars in recruiting don’t correlate to what is is happening at the top of conferences. Rn according to 247 we have a top 20 team talent wise in recruiting (16th I believe). That sounds about right. The gap between top8-20th ranked teams is not huge…but the gap between Bama annually and top 8-20 is probably as wide it’s ever been..they just won a natty by 30 plus

Advertisement
Being at the game I can tell you the crowd was absolutely irrelevant. There was hardly any noise in the place. The game never got juiced up enough to warrant it.
Yeah our section was juiced up before the game and kickoff. But overall the walkthrough was louder than most of the game

We didn't have a chance at winning that game, but keep it real, we got out-talented & out-coached, it's not binary.

Competent coaching with the little bit of talent we had would've kept the score respectable.

Go back and look at the first TD of the game, noooooobody covered Metchie, we treated Him as an afterthought, that's coaching.
This

I kept telling these 15-0 zombies they haven't seen elite players stacked in a long time. They forget what greatness looks like cause they just watch UM. All u gotta do is watch 2000-02 canes and know those are different types of athletes by a mile. And it was a cupboard full
I agree and disagree with this. most of guys like you problem is that you keep watching the 2000-2002 canes. A team full of legends. Essentially ghosts. I think the guys who talk about those canes and the guys who think we could go 15-0 are the same type of insane. Reality is somewhere in the middle

Advertisement
We’re more like 5 in a row

So U believe that OSU team was as talented and maybe more talented than ‘02 UM’s roster? I’m not being disingenuous by stating what I stated, the whole world stated the talent gap before that game began. The fact that U are able in hindsight to provide proof that they had players that were drafted doesn’t mean that they made any impact in the NFL, that those teams that drafted them didn’t later regret it or that we still weren’t the more talented team that day. That’s what “disingenuous tbh” is. My mistake was getting involved in a discussion that I usually avoid. U right, coaching is not an impactful aspect of a college football game. It’s all about rosters and talent gaps. Every incompetent corch loves this take. Gives them zero accountability until they are able to land a 5 star laden roster.

I agree and disagree with this. most of guys like you problem is that you keep watching the 2000-2002 canes. A team full of legends. Essentially ghosts. I think the guys who talk about those canes and the guys who think we could go 15-0 are the same type of insane. Reality is somewhere in the middle
Agreed! Unfortunately, the folks in the middle (or reality) are the ones who get shot first by both extremes.

Exactly, he is just as much an extremist as they are, but just can’t see it.

Advertisement
Back