Time to be Real

Advertisement
I've no idea why we scheduled that game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "anytime, anywhere", but to quote the eyebrow - "stay in your lane". We're not ready for Alabama. Don't start scheduling those monster season openers until you win the ACC Coastal a few times.

We should try and play Bama as much as possible. We need to face the best schools to get the best players. Kids want to play in big games on national tv against the best competition. That’s one of the reasons half of south Florida kids go to the SEC. We need to play as many big name teams as we can. These kids don’t give a sh*t about playing crappy ACC teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This is the quote from Tyrique:​

DOES MIAMI’S ROSTER TALENT MATCH UP WITH GEORGIA’S?

"When I first got here, I didn’t think so. But practicing with these guys and seeing these guys’ effort, it’s not that far off. They might be just a little bigger, they recruit bigger. That’s the only thing. As far as getting to the ball, we move faster here."
We get to the ball fine we just can't finish tackles.

We have room to upgrade our S & C IMO. We obviously need to recruit more high end talent overall and I think Feeley is a solid strength coach, but we need to add an additional coach, a 1b to Feeley while also investing more in overall athletic performance. This is an area where a program like Bama is a cut above everyone else right now.
You mean overall enhanced athletic performance right?

Advertisement
Yes..when you get “out talented” there’s no game plan for that ****..everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth..
We had guys in position to make plays on 9 out of 10 snaps on defense. We didn't execute. Part of that is talent. Part of that is motivation/accountability. If Jennings or Ivey play in the 1st series of this week's game we'll know there's no accountability. Those guys were useless out there.

The game of defense has passed Manny by. Look at DJ Durkin and his 3-2-6 defense. Venerable and his version of it as well as Baylor. Gary Patterson’s ultra aggressive 4-2-5 defense. Kirby Smart, Muschamp, and Saban. Dude doesn’t and hasn’t evolved his system with the style of offenses now a days. His best hope is for this HC deal at Miami to work out because no one is hiring him as a DC. He will basically have trash his whole system and rebuild it under someone else’s leadership as a analyst for a few years.

Yes..when you get “out talented” there’s no game plan for that ****..everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth..
How was OSU able to beat us or even hang with Us during the ‘02 NC game despite our wide talent advantage over them? Well over the majority of that team’s roster never played a down in the NFL, so what happened that day? They did a lot of punching in our mouths, but they were the lesser talented team, I’m confused.

So do you feel we have comparable speed? I felt that the lines were the great difference (and play calling). But King looked good, Chaney is legit, we have some good receivers. I felt the size was the issue in this game and not a speed difference.

I saw WRs open or running past angles all game. I saw our WRs getting closed on at an absolute high speed. Harley nor Rambo looked fast that game. King had one good run, but he wasn’t running away from anyone the entire game. X showed good quickness, and honestly, that was King’s best throw, b/c the DB was w/ him step for step.

I don’t see a fast team, Bro. I see a team that may be fast against each other, but when the lights come on against other programs, we have fast “moments”, but not an elite speed team.

Advertisement
We didn't have a chance at winning that game, but keep it real, we got out-talented & out-coached, it's not binary.

Competent coaching with the little bit of talent we had would've kept the score respectable.

Go back and look at the first TD of the game, noooooobody covered Metchie, we treated Him as an afterthought, that's coaching.

Last edited:
We keep saying 2 or 3 cycles away. Diaz has had 5 or 6 cycles to fix the defensive talent. He had 2 4 year starters at LB, thats how long he had to blend in guys to replace those guys. Yet here we are. If he doesn't drastically improve the recruiting where we get atleast 2 top 6 or 7 classes in the next 2 cycles, we are gonna be in the same predicament every year. Either that or drastically improve the on field results where the program recruits itself. There are people here telling me Ole Miss can play with Bama cuz they have bigger players.

Maybe Diaz needs to put Chase Smith and James Williams on the field. Our DBs are big and so are the DL
If it took NINE MONTHS to do what we did .

Ive been dry heaving KOOLAIDE to purge

GOCANES

Advertisement
We didn't have a chance at winning that game, but keep it real, we got out-talented & out-coached, it's not binary.

Competent coaching with the little bit of talent we had would've kept the score respectable.

Go back and look at the first TD of the game, noooooobody covered Metchie, we treated Him as an afterthought, that's coaching.
One play we put probably the slowest guy on the team, Jennings, on Metchie, it was a sh*t show.

I've no idea why we scheduled that game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "anytime, anywhere", but to quote the eyebrow - "stay in your lane". We're not ready for Alabama. Don't start scheduling those monster season openers until you win the ACC Coastal a few times.

Games like this show how much progress this team has made... what we have learned is that we are just as bad today as we were 4 years ago..... we have had LSU, Clemson, UNC debacles to chart our progress... it is the same **** year after year.

...Manny has done nothing for this D in the 6 years he has had the reigns over this D... no recruiting, no development, no performance on the field...
All he has been great about is blowing smoke up our collective a$$es and stealing paychecks..

Yes, we need games like these to rip the bandaid off this festering wound of a program and expose it to sunshine before we make any real progress.

Advertisement
Back