Time to be Real

Advertisement
So U believe that OSU team was as talented and maybe more talented than ‘02 UM’s roster? I’m not being disingenuous by stating what I stated, the whole world stated the talent gap before that game began. The fact that U are able in hindsight to provide proof that they had players that were drafted doesn’t mean that they made any impact in the NFL, that those teams that drafted them didn’t regret it or that we still weren’t the more talented team that day. That’s what disingenuous tbh is. My mistake was getting involved in a discussion that I usually avoid. U right, coaching is not an impactful aspect of a college football game. It’s all about rosters and talent gaps. Every incompetent corch loves this take. Gives them zero accountability until they are able to land a 5 star laden roster.
So now using facts is Hindsight 😂..no it’s a fact that OSU team had multiple pro bowlers and was littered with NFL talent in the 2 deep with guys who played multiple years in the league.. This is the trap Miami fans always fall into..go actually look at that OSU roster. They had multiple NFL players at every position group. That’s a fact..they actually weren’t far behind..this notion that OSU has ever lacked talent is absurd. And if u follow CFB you would understand that …the talent gap between us and Bama is huge compared to the talent gap from the 02 OSU vs The 02 Canes..that’s just fact. The talent on that field that night was absurd..and news flash, there was some guys we had drafted high who teams regretted taking also..but all in all it took Dorsey having his worse performance in the Orange and green in a game for us to lose along with the call

Advertisement
So now using facts is Hindsight 😂..no it’s a fact that OSU team had multiple pro bowlers and was littered with NFL talent in the 2 deep with guys who played multiple years in the league.. This is the trap Miami fans always fall into..go actually look at that OSU roster. They had multiple NFL players at every position group. That’s a fact..they actually weren’t far behind..this notion that OSU has ever lacked talent is absurd. And if u follow CFB you would understand that …the talent gap between us and Bama is huge compared to the talent gap from the 02 OSU vs The 02 Canes..that’s just fact. The talent on that field that night was absurd..and news flash, there was some guys we had drafted high who teams regretted taking also..but all in all it took Dorsey having his worse performance in the Orange and green in a game for us to lose along with the call
Hindsight because prior to the game and after no one believed they had equal or greater talent than that UM team. That’s a fact and that’s what hindsight means, your viewpoint was established after the occurrence. Never once stated that OSU lacks talent. All these “facts”, but U still won’t give a straight answer to straight questions posed in my first and second response to U. U just picked one point and riding it into the ground 😂. Pure Devil’s Advocacy.

I saw WRs open or running past angles all game. I saw our WRs getting closed on at an absolute high speed. Harley nor Rambo looked fast that game. King had one good run, but he wasn’t running away from anyone the entire game. X showed good quickness, and honestly, that was King’s best throw, b/c the DB was w/ him step for step.

I don’t see a fast team, Bro. I see a team that may be fast against each other, but when the lights come on against other programs, we have fast “moments”, but not an elite speed team.
Please say this louder. Truth, truth, truth! We are not a fast team

So U believe that OSU team was as talented and maybe more talented than ‘02 UM’s roster? I’m not being disingenuous by stating what I stated, the whole world stated the talent gap before that game began. The fact that U are able in hindsight to provide proof that they had players that were drafted doesn’t mean that they made any impact in the NFL, that those teams that drafted them didn’t later regret it or that we still weren’t the more talented team that day. That’s what “disingenuous tbh” is. My mistake was getting involved in a discussion that I usually avoid. U right, coaching is not an impactful aspect of a college football game. It’s all about rosters and talent gaps. Every incompetent corch loves this take. Gives them zero accountability until they are able to land a 5 star laden roster.
We had superior talent with inferior leadership. I don't think anyone is arguing that point. OSU had less talent but not no talent. 9 out of 10 games, the more talented team wins that game. It took the combination of good talent plus superior leadership plus some weird stuff for that game to end the way it did.

Yeah but they are in contention for the playoffs almost every year and with that defense they'll be in every game this year, their linebackers were closing fast and explosive tacklers I dont think they have enough offensively to win it all though he cant get the QB position right
True they haven't had a decent QB since Stafford or Murray maybe.

Advertisement
"2 or 3 recruiting classes away...."

Heard that with Shannon.

Then Golden.

Then Richt.

...Sorry bro, I can't get on that train. I've brought it up before; when your big time hire is a burnt out Mark Richt, and he literally has to donate one million of his money to get the school to build an IPF...

It's not about coaching. It's not even about recruiting. It's the mickey mouse way the BOT runs the program, and the Daffy Duck way Blake James runs things as an athetic director.

Look at Notre Dame 2017. Hurricane fans packing the stadium, howling for blood. I flew from Wisconsin specifically to be there. The national media excited about our program. I'm pretty sure applications to go to UM went up dramatically after that game.

It turned out to be a dry watershed moment for the program.

This program could be like that frequently. But you've gotta spend money to make money.

We caught lightning in a bottle twice, in '83 with Schnelly and with Butch's recruits in 2001. This program can't keep hoping to win the lottery, because the odds of a small school competing with the big schools are smaller and smaller as the years go on.

With the way things are and how the program is today, I don't know if we'll ever compete for the NC in the foreseeable future.

The game of defense has passed Manny by. Look at DJ Durkin and his 3-2-6 defense. Venerable and his version of it as well as Baylor. Gary Patterson’s ultra aggressive 4-2-5 defense. Kirby Smart, Muschamp, and Saban. Dude doesn’t and hasn’t evolved his system with the style of offenses now a days. His best hope is for this HC deal at Miami to work out because no one is hiring him as a DC. He will basically have trash his whole system and rebuild it under someone else’s leadership as a analyst for a few years.
What? He has changed his defense. He put an extra db (striker) out there and it’s an extra aggressive 4-2-5. Every team runs some form of the 4-2-5 at least on passing downs now. Bama’s “striker” is a “star”. He just does too many stunts and fancy **** and guys lose contain. It’s very aggressive but that makes it very predictable.

Advertisement
Back