Time to be Real

305to954

All American
Aight fellas, after being at that game here’s some things that are clear and might be hard to admit as a fan: Alabama is on a whole different level. I see the threads talking about feeley, coaches and unpreparedness. But they have a whole different level of athlete top too bottom..and quite frankly it’s not even close. Obviously a disappointing result. I don’t think our guys quit or were unprepared..just ran into a buzz saw of the best cfb program reloading along with the birth of a **** stud in Bryce young along with possibly the best Defense bama has fielded in years.

We are 2/3 recruiting cycles away from even sniffing that level. Let’s just keep it real. Seeing The size and speed in person of that Team from Bama was a wide awake for me as too what the gap really is from where we are talent wise compared to a team like Bama..the best part, it was just a jamboree and a measuring stick..the end game is the same, 10 plus wins, coastal chip, close on recruiting.

that Bama game is what it is. But hopefully it was a reality check to the staff and program as whole as to how important it is to emphasize recruiting.

Advertisement
The Bama game was the best scrimmage we could have participated in. Real season starts Saturday.
I've no idea why we scheduled that game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "anytime, anywhere", but to quote the eyebrow - "stay in your lane". We're not ready for Alabama. Don't start scheduling those monster season openers until you win the ACC Coastal a few times.

We have room to upgrade our S & C IMO. We obviously need to recruit more high end talent overall and I think Feeley is a solid strength coach, but we need to add an additional coach, a 1b to Feeley while also investing more in overall athletic performance. This is an area where a program like Bama is a cut above everyone else right now.

Advertisement
Thing is, according to most everyone, this year’s Bama team is like once-in-a-generation freakishly big, athletic, and good—and they have the coaching staff and payroll to prove it

I’m not gonna sweat that we’re not at that level. We knew that going into the game. So let’s win our ACC slate, win the coastal, and challenge a Clemson team that isn’t on Bama’s level either.

Stevenson was correct when he noted how much bigger the players were at UGA than UM. SEC lines are different. I just think there are a lot more guys who are 6 feet 185 and can run fast and play receiver or d-back than there are guys who are 6'5" 320 lbs and can move their feet. We used to get those guys.
In the lead up to the Rose Bowl in 2001 Nebraska had their biggest guy stand next to our biggest guy. You would think McKinnie or Wilfork who were both enormous. No, our biggest guy was Vernon Carey. Our lines had real size and could run.
Seeing anyone try to rush Evan Neal was as silly as anyone trying to get past McKinnie in 2000-2001.

bidden.gif

Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "anytime, anywhere", but to quote the eyebrow - "stay in your lane". We're not ready for Alabama. Don't start scheduling those monster season openers until you win the ACC Coastal a few times.
I don’t mind it. I’d rather that then fools gold. Nothing wrong with measuring yourself against the best. But it should be a reality check for some fans who think talent and depth hasn’t been question..Bama can do that to 98% of cfb

We have room to upgrade our S & C IMO. We obviously need to recruit more high end talent overall and I think Feeley is a solid strength coach, but we need to add an additional coach, a 1b to Feeley while also investing more in overall athletic performance. This is an area where a program like Bama is a cut above everyone else right now.
True. Baka support system is on another level. Miami didn’t even pay attention to things like a training table and nutritional center until MR got here..but it still starts at recruiting

The game was scheduled in September of 2017.
At that time we thought we were on our way to winning the Coastal a few times.

I totally agree.

Advertisement
I'd say we need a bit more than just a couple good recruiting classes to match what we saw last Saturday. Saban built a machine! He's had he help of the NCAA/SEC, as nobody wants to pay any attention to why every member of that football team has a new camero but whatever..

For Coaching, to recruiting, to scouting, to development.. Alabama is top notch at it all!

To me, it wasn't just their size or speed, it was their execution. Everybody on that team, makes the correct play. Even watching their RBs pick up blitzes, they just do their **** job! Their DL is relentless !

I've watched that game twice and both times I walked away thinking not many teams are going to even compete with Alabama today. I do think Lashlees playcalling in the first half was SOFT!

To me, Manny has to start coaching with some urgency. We came out attacking on O in the second half and pushed the ball upfield on a pretty stout D. If that's he brand of football our team responds to, then why not call plays aggressively from here on out..

Manny is the king of offseason moves, but I'm hoping he can adjust inseason as well, and be the brand that he always talk about

We keep saying 2 or 3 cycles away. Diaz has had 5 or 6 cycles to fix the defensive talent. He had 2 4 year starters at LB, thats how long he had to blend in guys to replace those guys. Yet here we are. If he doesn't drastically improve the recruiting where we get atleast 2 top 6 or 7 classes in the next 2 cycles, we are gonna be in the same predicament every year. Either that or drastically improve the on field results where the program recruits itself. There are people here telling me Ole Miss can play with Bama cuz they have bigger players.

Maybe Diaz needs to put Chase Smith and James Williams on the field. Our DBs are big and so are the DL

You all said that in 2018. Need 2/3 more classes like this. Guess how storm18 turned out? These talents aren’t getting developed and end up being JAGS.

Here’s the reality. We’re closer to FIU than we are to UNC. Mandy has been here for 6 painful years. These are his guys. This shtshow is his product.

Advertisement

Money.

You need consecutive monster recruiting classes in a row im talking top 3 to compete at the playoff level. Basically what georgia has done since they got Kirby. The problem is there's only so many of those high end elite offensive lineman and defensive front 7 players to go around I dont know how you pry them away from those schools.

If you dont have the big movers up front you can get close with scheme and QB play (oklahoma oregon who lost in the playoff) clemson won without elite O line but had elite upperclassmen defensive line and spectacular NFL level QBs

Advertisement
Back