Tim Williams Final 2

This is all part of the fallout from that one DE flipping from Bama to FSU, right?

Anyhow, sounds like his mind is made up.

yup

Not at all. That guy was like a 6'3 280 pound 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE. Completely different from Tim Williams

You must be thinking of the wrong guy. Walker is a 6-4, 240 pound edge guy.

walker is 6-4 280

My bad, you're right. I was watching highlights of him as a JR and that was his size. Dude put on quite a bit of weight. Either way, kid is a 3-4 type DE. Williams is a 3-4 type OLB. Could be argued either way that he's being brought in to replace Walker on the edge.

Advertisement
Very tough to pull SEC territory kids when they're wanted by all those programs. Think Bailey was the last one.

Were Standish's offers legit?

Yes they were. He would have been a major recruit right now had he not shut it down so early. We just got really lucky there.

I could be wrong. But despite him saying Miami was his leader all this time, I never felt good about getting him. It just didn't feel right with him having a kid there, the distance, his family and SEC schools wanting him.

Advertisement
Seems the kid has all but made up his mind. IMO, the only reason he hasn't outrght committed to Bama and is still saying that we still have a shot is because we are his next visit and he doesn't want Al to cancel his all-expenses-paid vacation to Coral Gables next week.

Not going to lie though, I'd be playing it the same way if I were him.....

Last edited:
Yeah we didn't "steal" anybody from Saban last year. Tracy Howard was never really considering Alabama and was a local kid. The other 2 considered Alabama but those are the types of players we should get every year because they're local.

Yeah we didn't "steal" anybody from Saban last year. Tracy Howard was never really considering Alabama and was a local kid. The other 2 considered Alabama but those are the types of players we should get every year because they're local.

what about AQM?? His not local

That was this year and I'm not sure we really stole him from Saban. Regardless though, AQM was a big-time recruiting job.

Advertisement

Don't know if I'm ready to go that far, because we were and still are in an extraneous circumstance. Average or even slightly above average recruiters don't pull those kids over Saban. Getting those kids was quite a coup, but I see where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Don't know if I'm ready to go that far, because we were in an extraneous circumstance. Getting those kids was quite a coup, but I see where you're coming from.

No it was not. This **** happens every year. It doesn't mean that Golden didn't do a good recruiting job by fending off other programs trying to stick their dirty hands in South Florida, but this is what should and will happen. Local kids who aren't big on the program out of the gate end up at UM. Brandon McGee was rumored to be a big FSU lean, Eduardo Clements liked Georgia, Tommy Streeters recruitment was basically the same as Tracy Howard's except he was heading OOS until a last-weekend UM visit, and the list goes on.

Getting 3 kids from down here is not a coup. Getting all of them required a great recruiting job but UM will get players like them every year even if they don't initially like UM.

Don't know if I'm ready to go that far, because we were in an extraneous circumstance. Getting those kids was quite a coup, but I see where you're coming from.

No it was not. This **** happens every year. It doesn't mean that Golden didn't do a good recruiting job by fending off other programs trying to stick their dirty hands in South Florida, but this is what should and will happen. Local kids who aren't big on the program out of the gate end up at UM. Brandon McGee was rumored to be a big FSU lean, Eduardo Clements liked Georgia, Tommy Streeters recruitment was basically the same as Tracy Howard's except he was heading OOS until a last-weekend UM visit, and the list goes on.

Getting 3 kids from down here is not a coup. Getting all of them required a great recruiting job but UM will get players like them every year even if they don't initially like UM.

You aren't taking into account the NCAA investigation and impending sanctions.

Advertisement

You aren't taking into account the NCAA investigation and impending sanctions.

LOL, okay man. It was a coup getting two kids from Dade County and one from the Broward/Dade County line. Tracy Howard never even considered Alabama, but we stole him from Saban even though he lived ~30 minutes from campus.

rivals has him as a bama commit now

as per usual with this kid, it seems bizarre. why would he give an interview on saturday but not say he committed if he had committed?

Advertisement
Even Mike Farrell from Rivals was surprised by TW's commitment yesterday

@rivalsmike: Surprise get by #Alabama yesterday in DE Tim Williams, I thought he would end up at #Miami in the end. #LSU backed off so no loss for Tigers

Sucks he committed I really wanted this kid. Maybe Al and staff can turn him before signing day but once Saban has his mits on you it appears tough to get away.

Advertisement
Back