Tim Irvin snapchatting wads of cash

Golden Showers, all you're doing is providing excuses for Folden's recruiting failure.

It's pretty easy to figure out. Irvin wants to play for a great defensive coach (Strong, Muscrap) at a program with some hope for the future, and he obviously built a good relationship with T-**** along the way.

Why is it so hard to understand that big time prospects, especially local ones with the benefit of having their coaches and advisers knowing what's going on at UM, don't want anything to do with UM and Folden now.

Advertisement
Right after his Auburn visit/commitment.

Once again, recruiting is about three things: Brand, winning, and money.

TRob wasnt able to convince the kid to come to UF, but has no issue convincing him to come to AU, and suddenly a pile of cash surfaces.

There is NO SUCH THING AS A GREAT RECRUITER. Guys like Coley, Trob, Trooper, Orgeron etc etc aren't any better at convincing kids. They either sell a brand, wins, or pay kids.

everyone pays off kids. Miami recently got caught and punished for it.

it was known as the "cloud."

yeah but you know who pays more than miami and has more success recruiting? these SEC schools that won't be touched by the NCAA as long as Emert is there. SO the amount you pay plays a big role in recruiting and yes i believe the facade of "great recruiters" is bs. Coley was a better recruiter when he had a bigger budget at FSU.

Every "great recruiter" has something to sell to recruits (new HC pitching hope of a turn around; new HC with championship pedigree; established HC with a track record of winning and producing great players). Without that, there's no such thing as a great recruiter. The nerd fanboys who slobber on these mythical legendary recruiters don't appreciate that, without something to sell, these recruiting legends ain't ****.

Look no further than UM for absolute proof. We've got a staff full of great recruiters, and they can't do **** this year because there's nothing left to sell.

That doesn't mean there aren't great recruiters
Yeah I didn't say they weren't great recruiters. Better than what we have but any body can recruit good if you are constantly 11 or more games every year. It all starts with winning that's the ultimate recruiting pitch.

Brock I think we know some of the same people. I know exactly what Bama did this year and the amounts. They play big league recruiting, we play waffle ball.

I live in Georgia and I know what they got a recruit from here 2 years back.... Fsu, I have heard someone tell me that they had a nephew that worked in the athletic department at Florida state before and he said they were a very dirty program....

If you have proof of what Alabama was paying and who they were paying, you should post it online. Why would you let them get away with that? ***** them over as hard as you can.

No reason the rules should apply to everyone else but not Alabama.

You don't think SBB and Ridley are getting paid?

The reason I don't post any details online is because I'm not about to ruin a 10 year friendship with people connected to a certain program. I also would never try to potentially ruin 17-18 year old kids lives because they are choosing to play the same game that has been played forever. One South Florida kid recently was called "a 150k player." he got 75k to commit and 75k to sign. That is a fact. Another player was labeled "a 80k player".... Same terms.

Right after his Auburn visit/commitment.

Once again, recruiting is about three things: Brand, winning, and money.

TRob wasnt able to convince the kid to come to UF, but has no issue convincing him to come to AU, and suddenly a pile of cash surfaces.

There is NO SUCH THING AS A GREAT RECRUITER. Guys like Coley, Trob, Trooper, Orgeron etc etc aren't any better at convincing kids. They either sell a brand, wins, or pay kids.

everyone pays off kids. Miami recently got caught and punished for it.

it was known as the "cloud."

I don't think we ever did it to the extent that the other schools did, and it was probably small potatoes in comparison. Shapiro himself complained he couldn't come close to competing with the SEC schools. Yet we got caught, and the SEC runs off scot free. I doubt that Oregon or even Ohio State pays as well.

Back in the '80's, after we lost a prime recruit, I think it was the Metcalf kid, our AD, Sam Jankovich was ****ed. He was so frustrated he said that the IRS should start looking at the unreported income these kids were getting. As a lawyer, I wish they would. It's such a messed up agency, they'd probably audit the person reporting them.

Is there a way to find a picture of this? Does snapchat do this? I'd like to see him flashing the cash right after the visit.

Was this kid even worth recruiting? Wasn't he real short?

Advertisement
Yeah I didn't say they weren't great recruiters. Better than what we have but any body can recruit good if you are constantly 11 or more games every year. It all starts with winning that's the ultimate recruiting pitch.

Brock I think we know some of the same people. I know exactly what Bama did this year and the amounts. They play big league recruiting, we play waffle ball.

I live in Georgia and I know what they got a recruit from here 2 years back.... Fsu, I have heard someone tell me that they had a nephew that worked in the athletic department at Florida state before and he said they were a very dirty program....

If you have proof of what Alabama was paying and who they were paying, you should post it online. Why would you let them get away with that? ***** them over as hard as you can.

The reason I don't post any details online is because I'm not about to ruin a 10 year friendship with people connected to a certain program. I also would never try to potentially ruin 17-18 year old kids lives because they are choosing to play the same game that has been played forever. One South Florida kid recently was called "a 150k player." he got 75k to commit and 75k to sign. That is a fact. Another player was labeled "a 80k player".... Same terms.

Man, if I could get the goods on any of these kids I'd report them to the NCAA and the IRS (the latter, for not reporting the income, which could be a crime).

Cover up for them. Great. It costs the rest of us. Sorry if you don't like my attitude, but it screws us, as fans, and it screws the rest of the taxpayers, who have to pay more because some don't report their fair share.

I don't care how poor the kid is coming out.

Every "great recruiter" has something to sell to recruits (new HC pitching hope of a turn around; new HC with championship pedigree; established HC with a track record of winning and producing great players). Without that, there's no such thing as a great recruiter. The nerd fanboys who slobber on these mythical legendary recruiters don't appreciate that, without something to sell, these recruiting legends ain't ****.

Look no further than UM for absolute proof. We've got a staff full of great recruiters, and they can't do **** this year because there's nothing left to sell.

yeah, meanwhile, this class, if it holds together, will be pretty good. All you do is complain. You've been doing it for the last fifteen years on various boards. I remember when you couldn't contain your hate for Schiano, calling him "Monkey Boy." Yet you'd probably welcome him back with open arms if they brought him in to replace Golden.

The fact is, if the class holds together, might not be the highest rated, but it could be a very, very good class, and fill needs. Our biggest problem is doing something with the talent. That's a very big problem, but is a separate issue.

Man, if I could get the goods on any of these kids I'd report them to the NCAA and the IRS (the latter, for not reporting the income, which could be a crime).

Cover up for them. Great. It costs the rest of us. Sorry if you don't like my attitude, but it screws us, as fans, and it screws the rest of the taxpayers, who have to pay more because some don't report their fair share.

the term "snitches get stitches" applies here

Advertisement

the term "snitches get stitches" applies here

Don't know the term, so not worried. Find me.

For the guys talking about recruits getting paid, how many guys is it on every roster? Football may be a billions of dollars industry, but I highly doubt the schools are funneling any of this money directly. It is all through boosters and they have a finite amount of money to spend per year (you have to be incredibly wealthy for $150k not to matter on top of what you are already spending giving directly to the school), so I can't imagine this happens for more than a few top guys at each school every class.

Additionally, you need access to the kid and his people. Easier for kids from tough backgrounds.

The point is, we may lose a few recruits to bagmen, but it is not every player or even close to the majority. Good recruiters do exist and they are just like good salesmen/businessmen. They build relationships and get kids excited about the school. As evidenced by Florida, you don't have to win (but it helps), you just need momentum to sell. If we have selling points we can still close really good classes in spite of not being able to pay.

Reddit article:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2szt9d/tim_irvin_reportedly_sending_snapchat_with_a/

E2nEOim - Imgur.jpg

That doesn't mean there aren't great recruiters

Why should he? I just got an indirect threat of violence from another poster if I did the right thing, by reporting to the IRS or NCAA. And it was from somebody who claims to have some kind of relationship with the family of the recruit.

Maybe I should ask the FBI to look in on this board, just in case anything happens to me.

Advertisement
For the guys talking about recruits getting paid, how many guys is it on every roster? Football may be a billions of dollars industry, but I highly doubt the schools are funneling any of this money directly. It is all through boosters and they have a finite amount of money to spend per year (you have to be incredibly wealthy for $150k not to matter on top of what you are already spending giving directly to the school), so I can't imagine this happens for more than a few top guys at each school every class.

Additionally, you need access to the kid and his people. Easier for kids from tough backgrounds.

The point is, we may lose a few recruits to bagmen, but it is not every player or even close to the majority. Good recruiters do exist and they are just like good salesmen/businessmen. They build relationships and get kids excited about the school. As evidenced by Florida, you don't have to win (but it helps), you just need momentum to sell. If we have selling points we can still close really good classes in spite of not being able to pay.

I used to hear we only did it with Dade kids. Why? I don't know. I don't even know if it was true. A booster friend of mine who used to participate in recruiting, back in the early '80's, when it was legal for boosters to help in recruiting, told me he was never asked to help money-wise.

Another student, who graduated in the late '80's. told me "it was the guys in the green jackets." He meant the green sports jackets that the Golden Canes were given, and perhaps still are. He was involved in student government, so might have been well connected around the university. He told me specifically that kids were paid for big hits. Later on, it turned out to be true.

Even with our two major NCAA investigations, the one involving the Pell Grants, and later on, with Shapiro, I always felt there was some injustice in that I strongly felt that we were small potatoes compared to the cheating schools in the SEC, and FSU.

A kid comes back from a school visit and flashes wads of cash? Why do you need access to the street agent or bagman? Or these guys even on the trip with the kid? It seems that there is probably some very discreet encounter, perhaps just one-on-one, during the trip. Of course, this might just be an installment, since it only looks like hundreds or a few thousand dollars in his hands. He probably has a commitment of future payments down the line.

In the future, they'll probably give the kids some instructions, like don't post online on twitter, snapchat, etc. Don't deposit on the bank, etc. The government used to get reports of all $10K or more transactions. Maybe they still do, maybe the amount has gone up.

It would be nice if the NSA could provide this info to the NCAA.

Advertisement

Why should he? I just got an indirect threat of violence from another poster if I did the right thing, by reporting to the IRS or NCAA. And it was from somebody who claims to have some kind of relationship with the family of the recruit.

Maybe I should ask the FBI to look in on this board, just in case anything happens to me.

Try to keep up here tough guy. The person switching would be me. The person getting stitches would be me. If you were going to call the Fbi....it would be for my safety.

we have no proof that that snapchat is indeed from Irvin.

also, let's not accuse Auburn of paying recruits because it can get them to investigate us and who knows what kind of dirt NCAA may find and what kind of cloud THAT might regenerate

Try to keep up here tough guy. The person switching would be me. The person getting stitches would be me. If you were going to call the Fbi....it would be for my safety.

While you are teaching him about things that are new, can you teach him about multi quoting so he doesn't post five consecutive times in every ******* thread he opens?

Advertisement
Back