Tim Irvin snapchatting wads of cash

Wouldn't that be pocket change for uncle Mike? I would think the benefits from going to The U would be much greater money wise than Auburn. Not only that but it would be perfectly legal NCAA wise.

Advertisement
If you win enough you can overcome most of it from a recruiting angle, but some kids will always be bought.

If you don't think kids are being bought, and some big money is switching hands in the southeast you are so naive, and you really don't understand recruiting. College football is a multi billion dollar business now?

Of course kids are being bought everyday. Money has nothing to do with my argument. You also think some schools are paying for elite kids and others are not? UF dishing out the money for DB recruits but not any other schools in the SEC? Im sure schools will match prices on elite recruits. That has nothing to do with some coaches being better at recruiting than others when all outside factors are close to equal

I never not once said their aren't better recruiting coaches than others. It doesn't hurt when you're greasy too though.

10 wins gets him here regardless of cash. Just another excuse.

It was bunch of 20's not even a lot of money. Some retards thinks that kids can't even hold 20's without being "paid".

I saw the snap chat, it was easily 100-200+ 20 bills.

It is a coincidence he already took it down lol.

Maybe he took down because he had posted another pic/story or he because people were accusing him of being paid. IDK I don't follow recruits on snapchat

If you win enough you can overcome most of it from a recruiting angle, but some kids will always be bought.

If you don't think kids are being bought, and some big money is switching hands in the southeast you are so naive, and you really don't understand recruiting. College football is a multi billion dollar business now?

Of course kids are being bought everyday. Money has nothing to do with my argument. You also think some schools are paying for elite kids and others are not? UF dishing out the money for DB recruits but not any other schools in the SEC? Im sure schools will match prices on elite recruits. That has nothing to do with some coaches being better at recruiting than others when all outside factors are close to equal

I never not once said their aren't better recruiting coaches than others. It doesn't hurt when you're greasy too though.

I agree but I was just referring back to the position of OP

I repeat, where are our bagmen? Put your money in something that will actually help change the program, no matter the coach.

Advertisement
I'm done with this thread. I know kids get paid but lol at notion that everyone we lose gets paid. Like that wack *** DT 3* Quentez Johnson when he decommitted and SEC schools "were recruiting him". He was getting "paid" by one of the Mississippi schools according to porsters here. Also Sony Michele got paid by UGA according to poster even they were loaded at RB and had a better RB already committed. Not to mention they needed help on defense but he also got "paid".

Last edited:
If Irvin got paid, which i think he didn't, thats dumb on Auburn part because his uncle and cousin both played in the league and have plenty money....lol..... i think one of them gave it to him anyway

It shouldn't be a surprise. Auburn paid the highest single price to any player (Cam) and has been paying for not only players this year, but the top coaches money can buy like Muschamp, and a perfect middle man who can get in the living rooms of these players in TRob. Auburn is going BIG!

Advertisement

It was bunch of 20's not even a lot of money. Some retards thinks that kids can't even hold 20's without being "paid".

Maybe he took down because he had posted another pic/story or he because people were accusing him of being paid. IDK I don't follow recruits on snapchat

Thats not how snapchat works, when you post something to your story it stays up 24 hrs unless you take it down.

Let me ask kids: why can't a school like NC State ever pull in top classes?

Do you think they just haven't been able to find good salesmen?

OR do you think that no matter who they have, they are a garbage brand with a minimal recruiting base, that has never won ****.

Football isnt that big in that rea..( i lived there)...

But when Chcuk Amato was their they were hitting in recruiting..You guessed it...with some pretty good "recruiters".

They hit south florida pretty well...and the guys they got from down here performed well for them...

Some guys are better "recruiters" thn others and thats for **** sure...and the whole ..."hey paying " thing is over played.
That T-Rob dude does relate to s.fla kids as he is one himself and can recruit...

Bama the well oiled machine..offered that bum Mario Cristobal a job....and dude is a corch in every sense of the word..but he was hired to get a foot in the RECRUITING game down here...

Advertisement
Why can't Oregon land a top ten recruiting class if there is no such thing as good recruiters? What about TCU or Baylor? Michigan State? Some of the most dominant brands in recent years. How is UGA able to continue to get top 5 classes every year besides not winning a NC?

Why could Tenn not do anything in recruiting for however long but then Butch Jones and his staff comes in and then he is about to string together 3 top 5/10 classes?

You can talk to recruits, parents, high school coaches, and college coaches. They will directly tell you that certain guys are better at recruiting than others. Just because we are a failed example of having "a staff full of recruiters" that couldn't translate to wins doesn't discredit the idea that certain coaches relate better to coaches than others.

****, our recruiting class is ranked higher than TCU right now.

B/C Oregon is not a brand, it has ZERO local recruiting base, and has never won ****....

Tennessee has NO recruiting base, is a weak brand, and I'm sure they did pay kids. But when Derek Dooley is your coach and the team sucks, kids will take the money from the actually good team instead of the ****ty team.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT. If your team sucks, or has no draw, it doesnt matter how good "convincing" you are.

God another one of these adolescents on here who think he knows how college ball works lmfao.

You are the heavy minority of thinking that there are no such things as good recruiters. Why does my age matter on this subject? You are the one going against a mainstream notion that some coaches can recruit better than others. But instead of attacking the character of a poster why can't we just have a civil discussion? Aren't you the adult and Im the kid, not sure why I should be saying this but anyways...

So your counter argument for Tenn is when Derek Dooley is your coach the kids get PAID but then go elsewhere. But when Butch Jones comes in they get PAID but then go to Tenn? That does not make much sense.

Oregon is not a good brand?Lol. Oregon has the advantage of the west coast. Regardless of what they have or not won they are 100x more relevant on the current scene in the past ten years. Look at their success compared to these elite "brands" such as us, Nebraska, and Umich.

Why can a brand such as Nebraska that has not won anything not recruit well? Because they have no base? Then why does Notre Dame recruit well? When was the last time either won a ring?

Georgia has never won ****. Why can they can get top 5 classes every year? As soon as Richt and his staff came in they're recruiting was consistently top 5-8.

Agreed with ,most of what you said....

But a few things..
1.)Notre Dame is a prestigous school with..NATIONAL appeal..and fan base....they HAVE to recruit nationlly ..but have been doing it for DECADES.....Now if you understand how the recruiting sites/Star ranking works....they provide a market to their subscribers...Big schools with huge fanbases will routinely have top ranked classes regardless what they do or the skill level...Notre Dame being one of the schools that it has hurt as whoever they offer will automatically gain an extra star...to appeasse their fan base..so then they end up with kids with these inflated minds who are a bit overrated. Notre Dame recruits routinely used to line that ARMY all star game because it is played on NBC..

2.) UGA can gety top classes every year because......They are in my opinion in the third/fourth best depending on the year state for high school foot ball in america...AND they OWN the state..POINT BLANK PERIOD. They dont have an instate rival tha they compete with at all for recruits...This is the sole reason i call Richt a corch...dude has a full state to his liking and maybe goes to war with auburn/ bama on 3-4 recruits a year and he cant win sh*t. **** near every kjid in Georgia wants to go to UGA...GA TECH is a complete non factor, i very seldom get excited for a kid we offer out of georgia if they got a uga offer..because 90% of the time their headed there.

Nobody paying for no **** tim irvin. If auburn payed him why didn't they pay the 5 star dt from alabama that chose bama over them.

Why won't they pay some of those elite recruits that they lose out on?

Everytime somebody don't come here he gettin paid.

Advertisement
Auburn? We talkin about Auburn? Auburn pays folks. They always have. Whether they paid Irvin or not don't know. But they do pay and pay well...

Thats not how snapchat works, when you post something to your story it stays up 24 hrs unless you take it down.

This is the funniest comment on here in a while. Just not sure if it was intended to be funny.

Auburn? We talkin about Auburn? Auburn pays folks. They always have. Whether they paid Irvin or not don't know. But they do pay and pay well...

Wasn't local kid McGlover? on a news show (60 minutes? 20/20?) talking about how he was paid for big hits, big games, etc... Good recruiters matter but don't be naive - Auburn pays kids. Trooper Taylor, Cam Newton and the list goes on. But its the SEC, so there is nothing done...

Advertisement
Back