Tim Irvin snapchatting wads of cash

If you win enough you can overcome most of it from a recruiting angle, but some kids will always be bought.

If you don't think kids are being bought, and some big money is switching hands in the southeast you are so naive, and you really don't understand recruiting. College football is a multi billion dollar business now?

Muschamp and TROb were dirty at UF imo, they sure aren't cleaning themselves up going to the plains.

Advertisement
If you win enough you can overcome most of it from a recruiting angle, but some kids will always be bought.

If you don't think kids are being bought, and some big money is switching hands in the southeast you are so naive, and you really don't understand recruiting. College football is a multi billion dollar business now?

Of course kids are being bought everyday. Money has nothing to do with my argument. You also think some schools are paying for elite kids and others are not? UF dishing out the money for DB recruits but not any other schools in the SEC? Im sure schools will match prices on elite recruits. That has nothing to do with some coaches being better at recruiting than others when all outside factors are close to equal

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Trob labeled as the good recruiter and not another inner city black coach that was on UF staff? Because Trob was the only one handing out the money? Or maybe....it was because the parents of multiple recruits and the recruits themselves actually were telling the truth when they said they maintained a good relationship with Trob and liked him.

Bama pays kids and I know that for a FACT. Almost all of the SEC schools are doing it. Fsu too...

Advertisement
Oregon is in a great location, has the best of everything (facilities, gear, lifestyle, etc), has been kicking *** and has all kinds of chicks running around campus. Not to mention, boatloads of cash.

Last edited:
Bama pays kids and I know that for a FACT. Almost all of the SEC schools are doing it.

That doesn't mean there aren't great recruiters
Yeah I didn't say they weren't great recruiters. Better than what we have but any body can recruit good if you are constantly 11 or more games every year. It all starts with winning that's the ultimate recruiting pitch.

Bama pays kids and I know that for a FACT. Almost all of the SEC schools are doing it.

Exactly. And when they were 7-6 and down for however many years (and the paying had been going on in the SEC for a while) why were they able to get the 2 or 3 class? Because they have Nick Saban who is a superb recruiter and he had guys such as Kirby Smart, Burton Burns, and Kevin Steele who are good recruiters. Saban does the **** thing, but his staff follows suit and builds good relationships

Advertisement

Yeah I didn't say they weren't great recruiters. Better than what we have but any body can recruit good if you are constantly 11 or more games every year. It all starts with winning that's the ultimate recruiting pitch.

Brock I think we know some of the same people. I know exactly what Bama did this year and the amounts. They play big league recruiting, we play waffle ball.

Exactly. And when they were 7-6 and down for however many years (and the paying had been going on in the SEC for a while) why were they able to get the 2 or 3 class? Because they have Nick Saban who is a superb recruiter and he had guys such as Kirby Smart, Burton Burns, and Kevin Steele who are good recruiters. Saban does the **** thing, but his staff follows suit and builds good relationships

The SEC have been paying for recruits for a long while. Going back to the 70's, at least.

Goes back at least as far as their rivalry with the old Southwestern Conference. All the Texas schools and Oklahoma have long been paying for recruits as well.

The only difference between the SEC of the past decade and the SEC of old (80's, back when they weren't that good) is whereas they used to only pay LOCAL recruits, now they branch out all over the country and buy players.

You never would have seen SEC money in south florida before, now I'm willing to bet a lot of money that it happens all the time. They used to only go to their own local schools and fight with each other.

Auburn no doubt pays players. How else are they going to compete with Alabama? And they think it's their god given right to compete with Alabama.

I have no doubt Tim Irvin was paid.

Brock I think we know some of the same people. I know exactly what Bama did this year and the amounts. They play big league recruiting, we play waffle ball.

I live in Georgia and I know what they got a recruit from here 2 years back.... Fsu, I have heard someone tell me that they had a nephew that worked in the athletic department at Florida state before and he said they were a very dirty program....

Advertisement

The SEC have been paying for recruits for a long while. Going back to the 70's, at least.

Goes back at least as far as their rivalry with the old Southwestern Conference. All the Texas schools and Oklahoma have long been paying for recruits as well.

The only difference between the SEC of the past decade and the SEC of old (80's, back when they weren't that good) is whereas they used to only pay LOCAL recruits, now they branch out all over the country and buy players.

You never would have seen SEC money in south florida before, now I'm willing to bet a lot of money that it happens all the time. They used to only go to their own local schools and fight with each other.

Auburn no doubt pays players. How else are they going to compete with Alabama? And they think it's their god given right to compete with Alabama.

Now they branching out lol. Only paid local kids lol. Its called the internet.Besides IIRC there was a thread about Derrick Thomas last year on why he didn't come to Miami. Posters here claimed he was "paid". Now it's SEC only started paying Florida kids in the 2000's. They were unaware of them before the mid 2000's.

This is like the racist south florida coaches that hate to see the white northern coach from Jersey succeed BS you guys were spewing when you'll liked Golden.

My favorite is the fake insiders like Brock who knows someone that knows someone that works in the admission office that says X school is dirty.

A former miramar coach told me that the head guy would get 5-10k for each player he sent to Wvu.

At a business dinner in Memphis, an ole miss booster tried to give money to a db of ours (who would not accept it)...

It's happening everywhere. Including miami probably but nowhere as bad as the SEC.

But that doesn't mean recruitingis all money. It's a combo of hard work, personality, trust, developing relationships. When you have a coach who can recruit, you win ships. A la Meyer and Saban.

Last edited:

I live in Georgia and I know what they got a recruit from here 2 years back.... Fsu, I have heard someone tell me that they had a nephew that worked in the athletic department at Florida state before and he said they were a very dirty program....

If you have proof of what Alabama was paying and who they were paying, you should post it online. Why would you let them get away with that? ***** them over as hard as you can.

No reason the rules should apply to everyone else but not Alabama.

You don't think SBB and Ridley are getting paid?

Advertisement
I am not doubting and never doubted the high frequency of elite kids that get paid and/or promise of more money once they get to college. Only thing that makes no sense is OPs claim that all college coaches are equal and there are no such thing as good recruiters

Now they branching out lol. Only paid local kids lol. Its called the internet.Besides IIRC there was a thread about Derrick Thomas last year on why he didn't come to Miami. Posters here claimed he was "paid". Now it's SEC only started paying Florida kids in the 2000's. They were unaware of them before the mid 2000's.

This is like the racist south florida coaches that hate to see the white northern coach from Jersey succeed BS you guys were spewing when you'll liked Golden.

My favorite is the fake insiders like Brock who knows someone that knows someone that works in the admission office that says X school is dirty.

Yeah they're branching out a lot more than they used to.

I am not doubting and never doubted the high frequency of elite kids that get paid and/or promise of more money once they get to college. Only thing that makes no sense is OPs claim that all college coaches are equal and there are no such thing as good recruiters

Sometimes it's not even the kids that get paid, it's the parents, the "handlers," the coaches, grandma, whatever. The whole business is dirty, but you gotta play the game to win.

Advertisement
Back