Tim Irvin snapchatting wads of cash

Ariz wants to pretend that Trob is just so great at relating to kids, somehow better than the 1,000s of other inner city black kids turned coaches. B/c if people knew that recruiting isn't much more than wins, brand, and cash, people wouldn't get so caught up in it.

And people would stop blowing guys like James Coley and Al Golden b/c of their rep as "great recruiters".

What a load of ****. So the former 1st team all-sec player who played Irvin's position and who also helped his school get to three SEC championship games wouldn't have more sway than another inner city black kid turned coach who hasn't done as much?

What was he selling when he got JC Jackson to pick Florida over Miami last year? Florida stunk. I guess it was money. I see no evidence that he is a good coach but getting 17-18 year olds to pick a school has nothing to with being a good coach.

A defense.

Advertisement
Ariz wants to pretend that Trob is just so great at relating to kids, somehow better than the 1,000s of other inner city black kids turned coaches. B/c if people knew that recruiting isn't much more than wins, brand, and cash, people wouldn't get so caught up in it.

And people would stop blowing guys like James Coley and Al Golden b/c of their rep as "great recruiters".

What a load of ****. So the former 1st team all-sec player who played Irvin's position and who also helped his school get to three SEC championship games wouldn't have more sway than another inner city black kid turned coach who hasn't done as much?

What was he selling when he got JC Jackson to pick Florida over Miami last year? Florida stunk. I guess it was money.

Miami stunk too. If you think for a second Trob could convince a kid to come somewhere without 1)wins 2)brand 3)cash you are a ****ing naive child.

NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE BETTER AT "CONVINCING" THAN ANYONE ELSE.

So all these non coaches are the same? There is no difference between any of them? Are they made in factories with an on and off switch? Just given different faces? Why do head coaches hire guys known as recruiters? If it is as simple as money, brand and wins, why doesn't Saban have 9 other old white guys on his staff?

Why can't Oregon land a top ten recruiting class if there is no such thing as good recruiters? What about TCU or Baylor? Michigan State? Some of the most dominant brands in recent years. How is UGA able to continue to get top 5 classes every year besides not winning a NC?

Why could Tenn not do anything in recruiting for however long but then Butch Jones and his staff comes in and then he is about to string together 3 top 5/10 classes?

You can talk to recruits, parents, high school coaches, and college coaches. They will directly tell you that certain guys are better at recruiting than others. Just because we are a failed example of having "a staff full of recruiters" that couldn't translate to wins doesn't discredit the idea that certain coaches relate better to coaches than others.

You think Harbaugh was trying to steal away UK TE coach because he is some elite talent developer? No its because he is a top 3 recruiter of the state of Ohio and Harbaugh needs to recruit well there.

****, our recruiting class is ranked higher than TCU right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The idea of a "great recruiter" has replaced the mindset of a great coach. That's why I always laugh at chumps bigging up Robinson and Tim Brewster. Tim Brewster! LOL at the idea that he can coach anything. Snot nosed Youngbloods like Pete and Tito would have been all about trooper Taylor and Phillip fulmer.

Amen bro.

Miami's entire staff is "elite recruiters". Golden was considered a top recruiter in the country.

Does anyone think Nick Saban is a great recruiter in the sense that Ariz jerks off to? Guy is an ornary, old, not cool guy with no personality. But kids want to play for him b/c hes great, Bama is a big brand, and they pay well. Period end of story.

Then what stopped Bama from being good before Saban got there? did they forget they paid kids? what about LSU they have sucked up until the 2000's, they must of not known about paying kids? Texas was medicore before Mack got there, let me guess they had standards and morals and only SMU just paid people. Tennessee is finally starting to get top kids again, they too must of got hit in the head and forgot about paying kids.

What was he selling when he got JC Jackson to pick Florida over Miami last year? Florida stunk. I guess it was money. I see no evidence that he is a good coach but getting 17-18 year olds to pick a school has nothing to with being a good coach.

A defense.

Exactly......

It's mostly these young dudes who think that recruiting is anything but what you can sell. Miami has nothing to sell but its brand right now.

These same boys like Ariz and Tito think Kiffin and Kliff and Coley should be UM head coaches. It's mind numbing.

Advertisement
Why can't Oregon land a top ten recruiting class if there is no such thing as good recruiters? What about TCU or Baylor? Michigan State? Some of the most dominant brands in recent years. How is UGA able to continue to get top 5 classes every year besides not winning a NC?

Why could Tenn not do anything in recruiting for however long but then Butch Jones and his staff comes in and then he is about to string together 3 top 5/10 classes?

You can talk to recruits, parents, high school coaches, and college coaches. They will directly tell you that certain guys are better at recruiting than others. Just because we are a failed example of having "a staff full of recruiters" that couldn't translate to wins doesn't discredit the idea that certain coaches relate better to coaches than others.

B/C Oregon is not a brand, it has ZERO local recruiting base, and has never won ****....

Tennessee has NO recruiting base, is a weak brand, and I'm sure they did pay kids. But when Derek Dooley is your coach and the team sucks, kids will take the money from the actually good team instead of the ****** team.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT. If your team sucks, or has no draw, it doesnt matter how good "convincing" you are.

God another one of these adolescents on here who think he knows how college ball works lmfao.

A defense.

Exactly......

It's mostly these young dudes who think that recruiting is anything but what you can sell. Miami has nothing to sell but its brand right now.

These same boys like Ariz and Tito think Kiffin and Kliff and Coley should be UM head coaches. It's mind numbing.

JC Jackson was wanted by FSU too. Why would he go to UF over FSU then?

The kid is an idiot for posting that regardless of whether he got paid or not... It all equals the same conclusion... Not smart...!!!

Advertisement
Right after his Auburn visit/commitment.

Once again, recruiting is about three things: Brand, winning, and money.

TRob wasnt able to convince the kid to come to UF, but has no issue convincing him to come to AU, and suddenly a pile of cash surfaces.

There is NO SUCH THING AS A GREAT RECRUITER. Guys like Coley, Trob, Trooper, Orgeron etc etc aren't any better at convincing kids. They either sell a brand, wins, or pay kids.

They had to lay low after Trooper got bounced. Heats off so now they can sling some cash around.

They had the #11,#13 and #6 class and that #6 class was last year without Trooper.

Here's a case study:

Randy Shannon comes in, has booster money, local recruiting base, and a massive brand. He gets the #1 recruiting class in the nation off that.

But as every year goes by that he proves to be a corch, it doesn't matter what they are telling kids. It wasn't Mike Barrow's convincing that got kids here, it was the U brand and a new exciting staff. When the staff proves to be bad, recruiting drops off a cliff.

It happened with Golden the exact same way.

Tim "Money Baby" Irvin

image.jpg

Advertisement
Auburn's bagman is legendary. LEGEND I tell ya.

Nonetheless, teams better get their dufflebags ready, cuz per my sources Nevin and the BOT broke bread together and have made amends. In 10 years time, the 7th floor crew shall be risen from the ashes n finna be ballin again!

Let me ask kids: why can't a school like NC State ever pull in top classes?

Do you think they just haven't been able to find good salesmen?

OR do you think that no matter who they have, they are a garbage brand with a minimal recruiting base, that has never won ****.

B/C Oregon is not a brand, it has ZERO local recruiting base, and has never won ****....

Tennessee has NO recruiting base, is a weak brand, and I'm sure they did pay kids. But when Derek Dooley is your coach and the team sucks, kids will take the money from the actually good team instead of the ****** team.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT. If your team sucks, or has no draw, it doesnt matter how good "convincing" you are.

God another one of these adolescents on here who think he knows how college ball works lmfao.

You are the heavy minority of thinking that there are no such things as good recruiters. Why does my age matter on this subject? You are the one going against a mainstream notion that some coaches can recruit better than others. But instead of attacking the character of a poster why can't we just have a civil discussion? Aren't you the adult and Im the kid, not sure why I should be saying this but anyways...

So your counter argument for Tenn is when Derek Dooley is your coach the kids get PAID but then go elsewhere. But when Butch Jones comes in they get PAID but then go to Tenn? That does not make much sense.

Oregon is not a good brand?Lol. Oregon has the advantage of the west coast. Regardless of what they have or not won they are 100x more relevant on the current scene in the past ten years. Look at their success compared to these elite "brands" such as us, Nebraska, and Umich.

Why can a brand such as Nebraska that has not won anything not recruit well? Because they have no base? Then why does Notre Dame recruit well? When was the last time either won a ring?

Georgia has never won ****. Why can they can get top 5 classes every year? As soon as Richt and his staff came in they're recruiting was consistently top 5-8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back