Ticket prices vs A&M

I would imagine the university has demand and pricing models. Does anyone have any insight into that world?

I also imagine the BOGO deal they just offered is because the tickets aren't selling.

I also don't believe these people who would have gone but it's too expensive. There's $70 tickets out there (likely $100 with fees). If that turns you away then you weren't going anyway.

I'm not flying in for nose bleeds and that's what you need to sell out Miami games. You need people flying in.

Advertisement
Google it player… it’s not what law it’s the law of demand. Basic Econ.

Now Miami is desperate and giving away tickets for the GT game if you buy an A&M ticket.

LOL - ok. Maybe you can school me, because I don’t know anything about it and you sound like a really smart guy.

It's amazing how utterly cheap our fanbase is. The University of Miami has had some of the cheapest tickets for major college football over the last 30 years and it's not particularly close. For years, Miami was one of the last major programs that didn't require a donation for seats, for years Miami has kept price increases relatively small, considering some of the home schedules that have been out there. Yet, for whatever reason, our fans always whine about the pricing. Then again, it makes sense. Once upon a time, the school gave free tickets for merely buying a Whopper, so that mentality never truly went away. The reason I have kept my season tickets, despite living in Arizona, is because it locks in my seats and I don't have to worry about the secondary market when I come back for a game. Can I make every game? Of course not, in fact, I prefer to hit road games, so I can experience different schools, but those seats never go to waste.

If you want a world class program, time to start supporting like world class fans. I still can't believe we sell so few women's basketball season tickets, that if you buy a men's season ticket, they give you the entire women's season FOR FREE and people still won't show up to some games. Let that settle in. FREE tickets and people won't show up. You can't make this stuff up.

Dude you have two 5-7 teams playing each other and club level tickets are being sold by the University for $675 a piece. I didn't pay that for Braves playoffs games last year and that place was absolutely bananas. No one is complaining about the reseller price. They are complaining about what the University is asking for them, which is almost always less than the resellers. The reseller ticket price is is set by the market. If you selling them for 2xs the market you've done something wrong and your impacting sales.

I'm not flying in for nose bleeds and that's what you need to sell out Miami games. You need people flying in.

I appreciate the fact that you have to fly to watch a game but the statement "I'm not flying in for nose bleeds" is the perfect embodiment of this team's fanbase. I've flown to watch a lot of Miami away games and if I decide to go I just want to be in the building. I don't care where I sit. And I've paid $100 to sit in nose bleeds.

And I promise you Miami isn't going from 40,000 fans to 65,000 fans because 25,000 people flew in. I'm a season ticker holder and I sit around Miami season ticket holders. Some of these people show up for 1 or 2 games a year because they treat it as a Saturday event, not something they can't miss. They're doctors and lawyers and care when they're in the seats but don't care if they miss it either. And these are Miami grads. The rest of the stadium gets filled by people who tell you they're Miami fans, believe they're Miami fans, but don't watch the games unless the team is good. On Wednesday they'll have a friend who decides to go to the game because they think it'll be fun and get a text saying, "going to the UM game Saturday. Wanna go?", and they'll say, "sure". No idea, no plans, until a few days before the game. Those people are EVERYWHERE down here. When Miami is good those texts go out a lot more.

We have about:
-25,000 people who won't miss a game unless things are really bad
-10,000 people who will go to most games
-10,000 people who will go to most games if we have a good year
-10,000 people who will go to games if we're really good
-10,000 people who only go to big games when we're really good

Last edited:
Btw, what I think is crazy about the Miami fan base is when we played FSU in 2002 we had 82,000 people in the stadium. That's more than Doak Campbell and Note Dame stadium can hold. And we had 80,000+ 3 times in the early 2000's. The ups and downs of our fans is incredible.

Honestly, I would argue that when Miami fans try to care, coming down here is one of the toughest environments in all of college football. Our fans are f***ing nuts in a good way and a bad way. We aren't 80K midwestern boomers shaking their pom poms. I'm legit fearful of our own fans sometimes lol. The problem is we've only tried like once in the last 20 years, mainly because we've sucked.

Advertisement
I think fans would show up for a good product, last year we had HUGE momentum going into season, there was tons of hype.. Then we got blown out almost every home game MTSU, Duke, PITT, FSU game was over before the 2nd qtr.. The team then goes on media strike all off season and bunkers complete lockdown, if possible I think they would play the games in blackout lol..

Im sure if we win this game there will be more excitement, you have to build off something.. If they cant figure it out, hire Deion I think he will check off everything UM admin needs and will fill seats.. First florida team to hire him might go on run with his recruiting and attention he draws.. Mario needs to start winning, he is paid like ELITE coach.

Didnt some airline add direct flight from college station? Either way we have this convo all the time (fsu games, UF last time, etc.), it will feel like a home game, lets be serious. Atleast 80%
No disrespect to the guy that made the comment, but I always wonder if people that question the ratio of home-to-away fans actually go to the games. If a game is hyped up enough for opposing fans to travel, 9 times out of 10, it's big enough that the band wagon brigade will also be there in full force.

No offense but some of you are coming off as faux-poors that are the types that lovvvvve to incessantly ***** about gas prices and constantly complain about "this economy" but then seemingly have no financial restrictions in buying a $95k pickup truck of which you'll use the bed once to "haul" a couple pieces of lumber from Home Depot.

If you have legitimate financial limits that prevent you from doing things with your kids then I obviously feel for you and wouldn't mock that. But I also wouldn't want to be the kid of someone that doesn't take me to a big game because tix were $25 more each than they claim they wanted to pay when, in fact, they had no intention of ever going and just prefer to stay at home and whine and **** on the program.

Not winning a single home game vs a P5 opponent and no wins at home after Sept 10 probably lost 10% of the crowd that is there on a weekly basis. Justifiably so.

Not the least bit surprised.

Was just told the model/software they use is projecting about 55-58k and 20-25% of that is A&M fans. Oof. Embarrassing. Also, there's something like 20k tickets available on the secondary market... could be much worse than 55-58k.

Advertisement
Not winning a single home game vs a P5 opponent and no wins at home after Sept 10 probably lost 10% of the crowd that is there on a weekly basis. Justifiably so.

Was just told the model/software they use is projecting about 55-58k and 20-25% of that is A&M fans. Oof. Embarrassing. Also, there's something like 20k tickets available on the secondary market... could be much worse than 55-58k.
I expect it to look like Michigan State attendance in Manny’s last year

Was just told the model/software they use is projecting about 55-58k and 20-25% of that is A&M fans.

Even when we play FSU when they're good and we're horrible the stadium isn't 25% full of FSU fans so I don't buy that for a second.

Then their model needs to be adjusted today and drop the prices and push out IG ads the remainder of the week.

Advertisement
This is taking on a life of its own. Never a dull day with this program.....

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Still three days to go. Ticket prices could drop on the secondary market. I imagine it won't be an embarrassing (lack of) turnout by our fans, but it won't resemble anything close to a powerhouse college football program. Hope I'm wrong. I'll be there. Flying in from NC Friday night.

Advertisement

The ticket office def ****ed up and are starting to scramble. You can’t charge these prices when we’ve lost the 5 home games in horrendous fashion, for an unranked matchup just because we convinced beat a non P5 program. Mofos got greedy. Could have filled the stadium to the gills for this one to ensure home field advantage and a win, and then up it for ACC play.

The BOGO offer is pretty embarrassing.

After last year, my crew of 8 didn’t renew citing on the field performance every time they called to ask. I’d imagine I’m not in a minority there that did the same.

I will be at most games tho, including Saturday.

After last year, my crew of 8 didn’t renew citing on the field performance every time they called to ask. I’d imagine I’m not in a minority there that did the same.

I think the BOGO is less to entice fans to show to the TAMU game and more about getting fans to the GT game. Not saying it’s not a rough look though.

Same here. It's a shame but the program has to inspire people to invest their time and money. Last season was probably the worst Miami football team I've seen live.

Advertisement
Back