Ticket prices vs A&M

canesmang1

Sophomore
How is are these prices acceptable? am I tripping? Seat geek has same tickets for A 3rd of the price.

IMG_4002.png

Advertisement
I think the AD switched their preferred ticket partner to SeatGeek instead of StubHub. I noticed when selling my tickets (it was routing me to seatgeek instead of StubHub).

So there are more available tickets on SeatGeek which brings the price down. StubHub is more expensive because there is less supply and more demand on that platform.

Advertisement
What did the actual attendance look like Friday night?

Best guesses for this coming Saturday? Packed or close to it?

Advertisement
What did the actual attendance look like Friday night?

Best guesses for this coming Saturday? Packed or close to it?
Was surprised by the 2nd quarter a lot more arrived ... believe the heavy rains kept some people away earlier. In spite of the rain I would say over 40,000 "ish". I would expect over 50,000 for A&M ... maybe 55K or even more.

I think the AD switched their preferred ticket partner to SeatGeek instead of StubHub. I noticed when selling my tickets (it was routing me to seatgeek instead of StubHub).

So there are more available tickets on SeatGeek which brings the price down. StubHub is more expensive because there is less supply and more demand on that platform.

That's good to know.

I've never bought tickets from a secondary outlet.

Is it better to move early or wait close(r) to kickoff?

Ah this makes sense then because about 2 hours before kickoff there were legit 4 total sections with ANY tickets left then the stadium had 15k empty seats

Advertisement
Advertisement
I complained... its just stupid... I got club level seats in the first couple of rows for 325 a piece and that includes the fees. The same section on Miami's site is 675 a piece. More than 2xs what I paid.
You’re buying someone else’s tickets. It’s not stupid. It’s the way resale works. Prices are higher than primary if there is a market there. Lower when the market is trash. There was low demand for this game.

You’re buying someone else’s tickets. It’s not stupid. It’s the way resale works. Prices are higher than primary if there is a market there. Lower when the market is trash. There was low demand for this game.

What is it that people don’t get about this?

When we have a home game that is in very high demand, let’s say like Notre Dame 2017, are people going to complain because Miami’s selling the tickets on their own site too cheap?

That's good to know.

I've never bought tickets from a secondary outlet.

Is it better to move early or wait close(r) to kickoff?
No clue honestly. I would imagine this game won't be crazy enough in demand to create too much of a shift in pricing between now and game time.

Maybe see a slight bump up or down but probably nothing insane.

What is it that people don’t get about this?

When we have a home game that is in very high demand, let’s say like Notre Dame 2017, are people going to complain because Miami’s selling the tickets on their own site too cheap?

No Miami's ticket prices are so outrageously high that resellers can't even get half the price their asking for. That means they are way out of touch with the actual value of the tickets. Which hurts their ability to sell out. If Tesla doubled the price of their cars and you were invested in Tesla would you care?

Advertisement
Back