Ticket prices vs A&M

What did the actual attendance look like Friday night?

Best guesses for this coming Saturday? Packed or close to it?
A quick look at the school’s ticket website shows plenty of unsold tickets in most sections let alone what’s sitting on the secondary market. We’ll see, but they may have overpriced vs demand coming off a bad season.

Advertisement
Even if you’re buying tickets from the UM ticket office, they always jack up the prices for big games. My old season tickets would have like. $25 face value for a game against Georgia Tech but the same seat would be $65 for Florida State.

Advertisement
No Miami's ticket prices are so outrageously high that resellers can't even get half the price their asking for. That means they are way out of touch with the actual value of the tickets. Which hurts their ability to sell out. If Tesla doubled the price of their cars and you were invested in Tesla would you care?

Miami’s ticket prices are not outrageously high. They’re in line with this type of event, especially for the premium seats. It’s absurd to suggest they should lower ticket prices, that just doesn’t work. Lowering ticket prices will not have a marked effect on increasing attendance, but will have a marked effect on decreasing revenue.

Advertisement
What is it that people don’t get about this?

When we have a home game that is in very high demand, let’s say like Notre Dame 2017, are people going to complain because Miami’s selling the tickets on their own site too cheap?
Exactly. This is a GOOD thing. It's usually* indicative of demand. Sure, it sucks if you're a single game secondary market buyer but that's the tax for a good team/game and/or optimism (even when it might be premature).

Exactly. This is a GOOD thing. It's usually* indicative of demand. Sure, it sucks if you're a single game secondary market buyer but that's the tax for a good team/game and/or optimism (even when it might be premature).

Correct. Currently, 5-7 and lack of excitement and confidence from the fanbase has more to do with declining attendance than ticket prices. Right now there’s still tons of tickets available for ATM, and that has almost nothing to do with price, it has to do with product.

Advertisement
I am not sure exactly how it works …

But if the university has tickets left - and a good amount - they should not be selling uppers for 125 and lower end zones for 250. Those prices and higher should be reserved for re-sellers. The University should be concerned with filling up the joint and making money. At those prices, it’s the just the latter.

Miami’s ticket prices are not outrageously high. They’re in line with this type of event, especially for the premium seats. It’s absurd to suggest they should lower ticket prices, that just doesn’t work. Lowering ticket prices will not have a marked effect on increasing attendance, but will have a marked effect on decreasing revenue.
I don’t want to go back and forth with you like you’ve been with others, flaunting your understanding of supply and demand. But lowering ticket prices most certainly can have a marked effect on increasing attendance.

Advertisement

OK dude... LOL... You right the actual supply and demand means nothing... what matters is what they randomly selected to set their prices at... I don't know why they didn't make them a million dollars a piece they would have made a whole lot more money and the exact same amount of people would have bought tickets.

Meanwhile were days away from this mega event and not one single section is totally sold out.

….. a marked effect on increasing attendance.

Lowering prices will only increase attendance marginally, but will eventually decrease revenue, and cause resentment for those that paid the original price.

Look, I’m not a business genius, but these are basic business principles. I am surprised you guys just keep hammering on this. Business just doesn’t work this way.

OK dude... LOL... You right the actual supply and demand means nothing... what matters is what they randomly selected to set their prices at... I don't know why they didn't make them a million dollars a piece they would have made a whole lot more money and the exact same amount of people would have bought tickets.

Meanwhile were days away from this mega event and not one single section is totally sold out.

Being not sold out has nothing to do with ticket prices.

Advertisement
Back