Ticket prices vs A&M

Advertisement
Doubt it from what is being said, there is no hype for either team off disappointing seasons.. Game thread will be popping tho!

When this guy makes an ultimatum….

IMG_3738.gif

You better take it seriously.

That stadium better full, or Right Said Fred is going to go on a rampage, exposing his pits and sashaying around with his see-through mesh shirt.

Based on the amount of tickets available (and I’m excluding the secondary sites), I don’t see anyway this will be a sellout. Seems season ticket sales are down if there’s that many lower bowl tickets available on the UM website.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's sad to see. But UM has a marketing problem, and it doesn't help that Mario ***** all over the media. They have to find a balance

Lower bowl looked quite filled against Miami (OH) at least on tv. It’s 100% going to be filled in the lower bowl for 8&4. I’m sure there will be spots in the upper that look empty but I bet it’s a good crowd. Will be loud regardless if it’s 80% filled or 100%

Advertisement
I was thinking of taking my son to the game but over $100 for the upper bowl is too much. It's a shame they priced it so high, they really need to win the fans back. We went to that MTSU game last year and left at half time last year, best decision of my life. I vowed to not be back until this team shows something. That game was painful to watch

I was thinking of taking my son to the game but over $100 for the upper bowl is too much. It's a shame they priced it so high, they really need to win the fans back. We went to that MTSU game last year and left at half time last year, best decision of my life. I vowed to not be back until this team shows something. That game was painful to watch
If you're going to one game this year, this is the one to spurge for!!

Go to SeatGeek. There are tickets that start at $68 in the upper bowl.

Advertisement
Why do you say it’s surprising? They raised ticket prices of which ticket prices did they raise cause I don’t think mine went upa 5-7 yea

Which ticket prices did they raise? It couldn’t have been very much, I don’t think mine went up.

Anyway, attendance isn’t down because of the raising of ticket prices, it’s down because, as I’ve said a dozen times, lack of excitement, and 5–7 last year.

Also, I didn’t say it was surprising.

The complaints about ticket prices are for SINGLE GAME tix only. Specifically this A&M game. As usual the U can’t get out of its own way.

It would rather gouge for a “big game” and risk not filling it up (which were clearly well on the way there…tons of tix available).

And in hurricane ticket office fashion, they are realizing they’re **** up. I’ve already received an email for 20% off for a suite for this game. And now just saw they are running buy one for A&M, get one free to GT.

That might have been a good idea weeks ago…. Instead we’re now into Tuesday afternoon of game week. Whoever is running that place needs to step the **** aside. It’s pathetic!

I bought tickets for Clemson and FSU game already. If I was in town I would’ve went to the A&M game as well. Sporting events in general aren’t cheap any more, but I love the Canes so spending the money ain’t a issue

Advertisement
The complaints about ticket prices are for SINGLE GAME tix only. Specifically this A&M game. As usual the U can’t get out of its own way.

It would rather gouge for a “big game” and risk not filling it up (which were clearly well on the way there…tons of tix available).

And in hurricane ticket office fashion, they are realizing they’re **** up. I’ve already received an email for 20% off for a suite for this game. And now just saw they are running buy one for A&M, get one free to GT.

That might have been a good idea weeks ago…. Instead we’re now into Tuesday afternoon of game week. Whoever is running that place needs to step the **** aside. It’s pathetic!

Dynamic ticket pricing isn’t going away, it’s just a commonly used business practice.

As far as the pricing for this week’s game, in the end, it is the responsibility of whoever is in charge of maximizing revenue via ticket sales, and of course, Dan.

I don’t think it’s the prices as much as it is the marketing aspect. Of course, without a price elasticity curve, it’s impossible to prove the price effect with 100% certainty.

I think the ticket price curve is pretty inelastic. For example if we cut ticket prices in half, I don’t think it would increase ticket sales very much.

I do think that the marketing for this game has been poor, I also think the target audience is just not as charged up this early in the season, mainly because of last year, and because of a wavering in confidence in the current regime for numerous reasons, including last year‘s record.

Come on man... you cant just rewrite the law of demand because you don't get it. Miami's ticket prices for this Game are higher than Georgia's are for the South Carolina game this weekend. I personally bought 2 tix instead of 6 because of the price.

LOL - What law of demand are you talking about?

Advertisement
Back