Ticket prices vs A&M

Which ticket prices did they raise? It couldn’t have been very much, I don’t think mine went up.

Anyway, attendance isn’t down because of the raising of ticket prices, it’s down because, as I’ve said a dozen times, lack of excitement, and 5–7 last year.

Also, I didn’t say it was surprising.
Mine went up. (In addition, the parking became more expensive too since you had to pop some extra cash to reserve your spot.)

What do you mean you didn't say it was surprising? You said "They are down. It’s pretty obvious, if not surprising." I am not sure why you would conclude that you are surprised that ticket sales are down?

Advertisement
gonna try to make the clemson game, hope we show out! all eyes on us on ABC, good ratings, good performance, and good viewership will only help us bounce and join the big 10 or wherever like FSU and Clemson after the year

I was thinking of taking my son to the game but over $100 for the upper bowl is too much. It's a shame they priced it so high, they really need to win the fans back. We went to that MTSU game last year and left at half time last year, best decision of my life. I vowed to not be back until this team shows something. That game was painful to watch
Where are you looking for tickets, there are others who have been able to find under that price point, in this very thread.. Keep looking, I think you will be able to get what you are looking for..

A real BOGO

Attachments

• IMG_0164.png
    IMG_0164.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 2
Advertisement
The only semi-positive thing I’ll say about Blake James, is that he was generally too lazy to raise ticket prices
Bingo....for the product we have put on the field the last 20 years, it has been hard to give them out.
Hate to say it, but a rise in prices acknowledges a likely better product on the field..and I'll take it

Advertisement
If there were 50-55k at the Miami Ohio game you can bet there will be 70-75k at this game. 55k for Miami of Ohio is impressive.
Zero chance there were 50-55K at the Miami Ohio game. Much closer to 40K than 50K (not talking paid attendance, but actual attendance).

This game will between 50-55K in attendance. Wish it was more…sadly.

Zero chance there were 50-55K at the Miami Ohio game. Much closer to 40K than 50K (not talking paid attendance, but actual attendance).

This game will between 50-55K in attendance. Wish it was more…sadly.
Our new athletic director should have done the big boy marketing to spread the word. But in the days past you got 50,000in the OB and it sounded like 100,000. I think we can do that at the rock. My years of attending every game I went to I played the game in the stands. If you have a voice left at the end you did not do your job.

Our new athletic director should have done the big boy marketing to spread the word. But in the days past you got 50,000in the OB and it sounded like 100,000. I think we can do that at the rock. My years of attending every game I went to I played the game in the stands. If you have a voice left at the end you did not do your job.
It should be a lively crowd but nobody should expect a repeat of the ND environment. If that was a “10” this will be closer to a “7”.

Advertisement
Which ticket prices did they raise? It couldn’t have been very much, I don’t think mine went up.

Anyway, attendance isn’t down because of the raising of ticket prices, it’s down because, as I’ve said a dozen times, lack of excitement, and 5–7 last year.

Gotta dissagree on this one.... you have someone just a few posts up saying he wanted to take his son the game but decided against it due to the high ticket prices.

I know a large group of casual fans who were considering going but decided against it due to total cost to attend. To say price doesnt affect sales is just not true. If your priced to market it may not be the primary factor thats true. If your priced well above market value it will have a much more direct affect on attendance.

I would imagine the university has demand and pricing models. Does anyone have any insight into that world?

I also imagine the BOGO deal they just offered is because the tickets aren't selling.

I also don't believe these people who would have gone but it's too expensive. There's $70 tickets out there (likely $100 with fees). If that turns you away then you weren't going anyway.

Advertisement

mine went up.

Advertisement
Back