Three position switches I'd like to see

Huh? Success story? Dude had 12 more catches, 100 more yards (still less than 500 yds total), and 2 less tds at GA his senior year than JR year at UM. Like I like Cager but I would not call him transferring out a success, he could have done those numbers his senior year here then went undrafted, bounced on and off the practice squad for the Jets of all teams.
Stats are only one unit of measurement. Hence why "5 star" pope sucks. We can't compare it exactly, but Cager went from being relatively **** with slippery hands, into a target at Georgia. I can't speak to it exactly, as I don't know if he was injured any that year or what but he was looking like NFL talent at Georgia. It could've been a combination of things, but that's just what I'm remembering. He was making ESPN highlights for GA.
I'm just saying hopefully if Pope does leave he can have some success. I never want to see a player fail like that. I just think he's pretty much done at UM. Let's see what happens after spring.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stats are only one unit of measurement. Hence why "5 star" pope sucks. We can't compare it exactly, but Cager went from being relatively **** with slippery hands, into a target at Georgia. I can't speak to it exactly, as I don't know if he was injured any that year or what but he was looking like NFL talent at Georgia. It could've been a combination of things, but that's just what I'm remembering. He was making ESPN highlights for GA.
I'm just saying hopefully if Pope does leave he can have some success. I never want to see a player fail like that. I just think he's pretty much done at UM. Let's see what happens after spring.
I agree stats are only part of it but he still only had like 30 catches and you ID that as a "target" and apparently not a single NFL team thought he was a talent because he went undrafted. Again no hate to Cager but people have an obsession with guys once they leave.

Concerning the highlights, he did that here too. Did you watch all of UGA's game or that one game on ESPN where he did show out?

Like the last play there against ND is just as good of a catch as he made at UGA.

Moving to Pope I agree I want the kid to succeed, not rooting for him to fail, I just do not think his body developed enough for him to be an impact player. It is looking more like a physical limitation to me at this point.

Restrepo to Striker or FS. Kid has no business playing offense or returning kicks/ punts. Hands like feet

Advertisement
Restrepo to Striker or FS. Kid has no business playing offense or returning kicks/ punts. Hands like feet
Bruh..... chill. Dude was a true freshman. His hands are fine and he will most likely be fine.

I agree stats are only part of it but he still only had like 30 catches and you ID that as a "target" and apparently not a single NFL team thought he was a talent because he went undrafted. Again no hate to Cager but people have an obsession with guys once they leave.

Concerning the highlights, he did that here too. Did you watch all of UGA's game or that one game on ESPN where he did show out?

Like the last play there against ND is just as good of a catch as he made at UGA.

Moving to Pope I agree I want the kid to succeed, not rooting for him to fail, I just do not think his body developed enough for him to be an impact player. It is looking more like a physical limitation to me at this point.

I mean don't get me wrong. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. People do have a fascination with players after they leave. I just distinctly remember Cager being crap. Maybe statistically if we only look at Receptions, yards, and TD's he looks fine. Probably need to dive into targets and drops and that type of thing to pull it out. Of note, we played a charmin soft schedule his last year here, and the year he was at Georgia, and where did we finish in the rankings? GA finished #8 and #4 those years. His senior highlights at Georgia look pretty good too. But to me, his legacy here was a bunch of drops and one good catch vs Notre Dame. idk. Again, wish him the best, wish Pope the best. I just don't think Pope's got it. People in here kept saying watch out for Pope to breakout. I never saw it. I think the most surprising thing last season was that none of the younger WRs stepped up and did anything really. I had high hopes for Payton and Redding....oh well.

Also looks like Cager is on the New York Jets...?

Pope would transfer before switching.
Goodbye GIF

You gotta admit..DJ Ivey looks the part of a big time corner in shirts and shorts. Any DB Coach who takes a look at him has to think to themselves, "I'll be the one to make this kid a star! Hes got it all!" You have said many times that speed isnt everything at corner. If T-Rob can MAYBE teach him technique and build his confidence...............never know.

That said, If T-Rob can turn Ivey around, he is alot better of a coach than I thought.
Anytime I’ve said that speed isn’t the only thing that matters at corner I ALWAYS also mention that technique & physicality & football IQ are equally as important, Ivey has none.

And no he does’t look like a big time corner in shirts & shorts, or in pads, or in any setting.

IDGAF what any human on Earth says, he’s a terrible CB & there is no coach alive or dead that can make him better.

Do not under any circumstances whatsoever even attempt to change my mind or try to get me to give him another chance, yall can fall for it if you like lol, but don’t even waste your breath with me...

I’m 1,000,000% against Ivey doing anything other than playing Special teams, if he starts this season Ima sit back with arms folded shaking my head as yall pull your hair out watching him get honey roasted week in & week out by any WR that can run a 9 yd route. Yall are glutton for punishment, just don’t say I didn’t warn you when he’s given up TD’s vs Bama, App ST, Mich St & UNC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm holding onto hope that TROB can help Ivey turn those measurables into a decent Sr season.

Stevenson has the other side locked down. We need to find a starter out of Couch, Blades, and Ivey. Hopefully the new alpha in the CB room rustles some feathers.

There's a reason Blades got benched for Couch.

For whatever reason, Blades took a step back. He was the best corner in 2019.
Yes, he also had Covid & myocarditis.

Blades only played in 8 games last year before having to sit out for the rest of the season, up until the UVA & NC St games he was playing solid. He had 29tcks & 7PBU’s before he had to sit out.

In what game was Ivey so much better? He was getting ate up vs UAB for God’s sake & played less than 40 snaps vs LVille, he actually had multiple games where he barely played & it somehow turned into “he looked good” lol.

Ivey had 31tcks 4PBU’s & 1INT on the season in 11 games, Blades had 29tcks 7PBU’s & 2INT’s in 8 games.

Ivey gave up 152 yards & a TD on just 3 catches vs UNC, he gave up 23 receptions for 389yds & Blades only gave up 294yds (obviously factor in he played 3 less games). If you’re arguing they were both bad I 100% agree, if you’re arguing Ivey was better, I don’t see how, statistically he was worse & judging by eye test he was worse.

I’m not saying Blades didn’t play bad he absolutely did, NC St was the worst game of his career bar none, but here’s the difference, I can point out like 6 or 7 NC St style performances from Ivey, you can’t with Blades. The idea that Ivey was “better” last year is just CIS myth because he’s a kid that a lot of people want/hope he succeeds so they’re less apt to be honest about his bad play, the truth is he’s just plain awful & you don’t have to have a PHD in football to see it.

And I put zero credence into any decisions the coaching staff made, they’ll play an awful player for any **** reason, there hasn’t been a meritocracy in the Diaz era, Blades being benched for Couch doesn’t mean that Ivey was locking sh*t down, it just means Diaz & his rag tag crew of Baker, Banda & Rumph were playing musical chairs late in the season like they did every year.

Advertisement
Yeah I'm aware & have heard it every offseason, but I'm not buying it.

He's awful & idc what anyone says.

His issues are not just confidence based, it's physical limitations & lack of technique at Boundary that has done him in. He simply doesn't have it.

The same way people are 100% sure Pope is finished at WR, I'm 10,000% certain Ivey will remain the worst cover corner on the team & will continue to be the most targeted every time OC's/QB's see him on the field.
Completely agree on Ivey, limited speed and lacks instincts.

Blades got benched before that. Ivey remained a starter.

It's not just the old coaches that liked Ivey. TRob really likes him, too, per multiple sources. Hopefully he can get him confident and playing the ball again like he did in high school. The length and the coverage skills are there.
Length sure. But the coverage skills aren't there. He doesn't have the speed, acceleration or flexibility to stay with guys. He's a complete liability. This isn't high school ball and as you know it's a different animal when you actually have to stick to your man and QB's can throw into tighter windows. You can't hide your flaws in college by cheating proper technique, peaking into the backfield, or giving a big cushion. Ivey on an island exposes how he lacks the skillset necessary to hang with the big boys.

Blades at least has the skill set needed to be successful and has proven he can actually be a solid starting corner. Blades' biggest problem is being consistent. but playing better than blades at times doesn't mean Ivey has played well. it just means Ivey has been more consistent. Consistently bad.

*Also, no coach is coming out and saying Ivey sucks when they first get here. We don't have a lot of bodies with playing experience, of course, Trobs's going to try and coach him up and say he likes what he sees. Stop with that nonsense. We've all been following the team long enough to know that doesn't mean ****. you especially!

Also, no coach is coming out and say Ivey sucks when they first get here.
He was plenty candid about other players.

People focus on Ivey because his bad plays stand out. It’s frustrating to see him in perfect position and fail to find the ball. But they ignore all the games where he erases his man. The reason Blades got benched instead of Ivey is because Blades got picked on.

Advertisement
Back