Three position switches I'd like to see

What I know: Mark Pope stinks at WR. Unplayable most of the time.

What I don't know: How Mark Pope would look playing corner.

I'll take the unknown quantity here on what is otherwise a wasted roster spot.

The more successful WR to CB position switches that will most often be mentioned got more physical as corner than they were as wide receivers. So much so, most of them are known as pretty physical corners in the NFL. Pope will never be a bump n run corner or ever be described as physical, but maybe he can be a decent 4th corner on a team that lacks depth on the position. He stinks at WR and anyone can contribute what he's given us (even the rare good play could be replaced with anyone). He's replacement level. But we could use depth at cornerback. You never know. I'll take the dice roll and if he sucks there, he sucks there.
He sucks at WR so let’s play him at CB is nonsense. There’s nothing intelligent being argued in that scenario, friend. So I’ll bow out.

Advertisement
I doubt Pope gets switched, but it's entirely possible he (and others) get passed up on the depth chart in the spring and transfers.
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

Is Huff "lacking smarts" and "awareness" actually true, or is that the excuse for Manny not playing him in favor of older guys? I saw in a press conference today Manny said Huff and Cave are physical and fast but "need to know where to go". Oddly enough, Zach McCloud played a lot and had absolutely no idea where he was going 100% of the time. I saw Huff play 2 snaps at LB against FSU and make 2 tackles.
I noticed that too, I know FSU was a garbage opponent last year but the little huff & TAC played in that game they both made tackles 🤔

You’d take the term “bag man” to its literal form, walking around 7 on 7’s with a potato sack full of cash. Kids’ handlers would be coming up to you with a hand out and you’d be like - “Uh uh not yet. Come see me at the end of the tourney if he balls cause I need to see elite and I need to see elite across the board.”

Can I get a “facts”???
Facts

Advertisement
We've regressed so much on D. I'm confident in 3 returning guys in our secondary and one is a transfer.

Stevenson, Gil and Bolden. The other 3 spots have been liabilities. Safety play was a strong point for a few years with Carter, JJ, Redwine and Jenkins all being drafted. Bolden could be but hall and carter won't come near the league. Needs AWilliams to be a star.

Couch has flashed but I dont believe he belongs on the outside. Corners have always been low on number and consistency. Blades regressed and Ivey sucks. the younger guys are all developmental kids imo.

I have 0 confidence in any of the linebackers. None have shown they can play at a high level. Shaq and Pinck were better than everything I've seen so far.

I don't think any of the DE's we have left showed much, Harvey wasn't noticeable. We'll be banking on a transfer who is playing with his hand in the ground for the first time. End play used to be our strength. We should have been able to recruit the spot better.

Im confident the tackles can play but theyll play/stay average. Nesta hasn't played like a 5 star and HH has flashed but needs to be consistent and stay healthy. the unit was much better with Mcintosh/Norton and then G Willis/Bethel.

We brought in a good class but Taylor and Williams are the only ones with enough skill to step in and start at a high-end program. Unless Manny truly is some D Coordinator guru I just don't see where the big plays are going to come from.

Advertisement
Back