Thoughts on the King injury

Advertisement
Well, I’m not a doctor, but I can probably diagnose this one. It sounds like you’ve developed a rare condition in which your legs are actually turning to pure concrete. Such a shame.

The good news, though, is that you’ll be relieved when you see the bill. I don’t charge nearly as much as the other guy.
Thanks for the diagnosis as it sadly confirms my original suspicions. I had actually been shooting Fix-a-Flat directly into my calves in an effort to bulk up and fill out my skinny jeans. Fax me your invoice and I'll cut you a paper check.

Last edited:
I reviewed the film on the King injury and looked at the slow motion replay. As an aside, I am an orthopedic surgeon.

A few things I gathered:

1. Truly a freak injury. Probably a move he has made thousands of times in his career without incident.

2. It is definitely concerning regarding a possible ACL injury as he was pivoting when the knee gave out.

BUT

A couple of factors that are giving me hope that it may not be as bad as expected.

1. It is possible that the MCL or medial meniscus could only be injured, without the ACL involved. That is because his knee seemed to buckle medially, meaning toward his other leg.

2. It is taking a long time for an official announcement on the injury status, which could mean that there are multiple treatment options for the injury at hand, which is typical for meniscus injuries as well as MCL injuries. This could mean that he is waiting on second opinions on treatment options which would correlate with these other injuries.

Complete ACL injuries do not require multiple opinions, as they are always treated surgically in the athletic population.

Anyway, just a few thoughts as we all sit here praying that it is NOT an ACL injury.

Thank you for this Brother. D’Eriq was a glimmer of light in the dark winter we are
having to endure currently.

So many variations to a torn ligament.

I tore my MCL, but it was right off the bone, really good, easy heal. But u tear that ligament in half, much tougher.

Same with ACL to some degree, much smaller ligament but depends where torn.

My $.02.

1609384244257.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder what news outlet reported that piece of information? I hope it’s true but am skeptical.

It’s 100% right to be skeptical, but at least this guy from what I’ve seen in the past, isn’t one of these clout seekers trying to get followers with fake news.

Now he could be wrong? Absolutely yes.

But he must’ve heard it from somebody, and I trust him more than I do most of the clowns quoted it on this site. The big question is where did he get this info. But, I am skeptical, but still hopeful.

I wonder what news outlet reported that piece of information? I hope it’s true but am skeptical.

No news outlet has reported anything. Miami is the absolute worst with injury reporting. But that’s another discussion. As far as #1, nothing has been reported publicly by any outlet, UM has not officially commented on the injury either. Keep your fingers crossed but prepare for what looks to be the inevitable.

No news outlet has reported anything. Miami is the absolute worst with injury reporting. But that’s another discussion. As far as #1, nothing has been reported publicly by any outlet, UM has not officially commented on the injury either. Keep your fingers crossed but prepare for what looks to be the inevitable.
That kind of what I figured and where I am at as well. Fingers are crossed hoping for the best.

Advertisement
Back