Thoughts on the King injury

Advertisement
I reviewed the film on the King injury and looked at the slow motion replay. As an aside, I am an orthopedic surgeon.

A few things I gathered:

1. Truly a freak injury. Probably a move he has made thousands of times in his career without incident.

2. It is definitely concerning regarding a possible ACL injury as he was pivoting when the knee gave out.

BUT

A couple of factors that are giving me hope that it may not be as bad as expected.

1. It is possible that the MCL or medial meniscus could only be injured, without the ACL involved. That is because his knee seemed to buckle medially, meaning toward his other leg.

2. It is taking a long time for an official announcement on the injury status, which could mean that there are multiple treatment options for the injury at hand, which is typical for meniscus injuries as well as MCL injuries. This could mean that he is waiting on second opinions on treatment options which would correlate with these other injuries.

Complete ACL injuries do not require multiple opinions, as they are always treated surgically in the athletic population.

Anyway, just a few thoughts as we all sit here praying that it is NOT an ACL injury.
Appreciate the insight and I hope you are correct. With an MCL injury what’s the time line for full recovery

nevermind saw your previous post

were any of the injuries you mentioned ACL injuries? They were not, to my knowledge. Thank you for proving my point.

Not trying to be a smart ***, but my point is that there is no point in hiding an ACL injury. All of the other injuries are more vague, and not as definitive and therefore more controversial in their treatment and more to hide.
Yes it was reported they were. Just not by UM

Advertisement
Well, I’m not a doctor, but I can probably diagnose this one. It sounds like you’ve developed a rare condition in which your legs are actually turning to pure concrete. Such a shame.

The good news, though, is that you’ll be relieved when you see the bill. I don’t charge nearly as much as the other guy.
I think most know this condition as “Miami hands” because it most often impacts the hands of WRs. Occasionally, we see it in the legs of LBs and DBs. You should declare for the draft immediately.

Thank You Doctor Thanks Doc GIF - ThankYouDoctor ThanksDoc Appreciate -  Discover & Share GIFs

Advertisement
I reviewed the film on the King injury and looked at the slow motion replay. As an aside, I am an orthopedic surgeon.

A few things I gathered:

1. Truly a freak injury. Probably a move he has made thousands of times in his career without incident.

2. It is definitely concerning regarding a possible ACL injury as he was pivoting when the knee gave out.

BUT

A couple of factors that are giving me hope that it may not be as bad as expected.

1. It is possible that the MCL or medial meniscus could only be injured, without the ACL involved. That is because his knee seemed to buckle medially, meaning toward his other leg.

2. It is taking a long time for an official announcement on the injury status, which could mean that there are multiple treatment options for the injury at hand, which is typical for meniscus injuries as well as MCL injuries. This could mean that he is waiting on second opinions on treatment options which would correlate with these other injuries.

Complete ACL injuries do not require multiple opinions, as they are always treated surgically in the athletic population.

Anyway, just a few thoughts as we all sit here praying that it is NOT an ACL injury.

Good info. Grade 2 tear of my MCL a couple years ago, but the pain was on the inner part of my leg. Didn’t it look like King was holding the front of his knee below his kneecap? Could be wrong, but that is what I recall from last night

A few things I gathered:

BUT

Is there any way to really tell by looking at video? I’m sure they already have a good idea. Personally, I’m just hoping for some kind of hyperextension type injury, if that’s even possible, because it didn’t look pretty.

Advertisement

A few things I gathered:

BUT

Thanks.

Advertisement
No one has mentioned that King had a previous torn meniscus injury to the same right knee in 2018 and
underwent successful surgery for it.

Good info. Grade 2 tear of my MCL a couple years ago, but the pain was on the inner part of my leg. Didn’t it look like King was holding the front of his knee below his kneecap? Could be wrong, but that is what I recall from last night
Hopefully not. That would be the patellar and from what I understand is a pretty tough one to come back from.

A few things I gathered:

BUT

Thanks doc!

Advertisement
Back