Thoughts on the class

Advertisement
D$, barring Manny being caught with child ****, you know he'll be here for the 2021 season. You know why he's not going to can anywhere this year? Because that would speed up the process of his *** getting canned. Good ole Manny will scapegoat coaches after NEXT season, his supporters will be satisfied, and then we are going to get absolutely destroyed on national tv against Bama and finish with a losing season.

We've got at least two more years of this bs and deep down you know it man. We are SCREWED.

D$, barring Manny being caught with child ****, you know he'll be here for the 2021 season. You know why he's not going to can anywhere this year? Because that would speed up the process of his *** getting canned. Good ole Manny will scapegoat coaches after NEXT season, his supporters will be satisfied, and then we are going to get absolutely destroyed on national tv against Bama and finish with a losing season.

We've got at least two more years of this bs and deep down you know it man. We are SCREWED.

I’m seeing a Taggart path. Boosters are upset and very aware that this was not sold as a rebuild.

Advertisement
I’m seeing a Taggart path. Boosters are upset and very aware that this was not sold as a rebuild.
Taggart's mistake was he made changes after year one. Manny won't make that same mistake. He'll keep that feather in his cap for next year. And let's be honest, if the boosters were so upset they'd force staff changes this year. When the staff comes back intact, that will just confirm what I already think about our boosters. I mean, our boosters were on the verge of allowing the most ridiculous DC tandem that I've ever seen before Richt retired. I have no confidence in them to make a move that quickly.

Taggart's mistake was he made changes after year one. Manny won't make that same mistake. He'll keep that feather in his cap for next year. And let's be honest, if the boosters were so upset they'd force staff changes this year. When the staff comes back intact, that will just confirm what I already think about our boosters. I mean, our boosters were on the verge of allowing the most ridiculous DC tandem that I've ever seen before Richt retired. I have no confidence in them to make a move that quickly.

I get why he would want to delay making changes but there is real pressure on him. Without naming names, key boosters were flipping out about his “rebuild” comment.

Maybe I’m wrong but I would be shocked if there weren’t key staff changes after the bowl.

I quoted only a couple of things. Your prior instincts were correct. We need Top 5 classes to be relevant. But a sustained string of them, not sporadic. A sporadic Top 5 blended with 17 means nothing. It means a few guys. Once the Top 5 is every year then the numbers game takes over because you have 3-4 guys each season who are difference makers above the programs that sit in #17 level annually.

Recruiting is everything. We could fake relevance for 1-3 seasons with a dominant quarterback. That is what I am rooting for because it's the most realistic path. But it won't change anything toward where we stand in relation to the true blueblood programs.

You are talking about the playoff level. We are several steps away from that. The first step is playing at a Top 15 level, which is commensurate with our current level of recruiting. That type of on-field performance then allows us to compete with the top teams in recruiting, as we did in 2018.

Once we are doing that, we can talk about stacking top classes and competing at a playoff level. But the change will be dictated by on-field performance, not the other way around.

Advertisement
I get why he would want to delay making changes but there is real pressure on him. Without naming names, key boosters were flipping out about his “rebuild” comment.

Maybe I’m wrong but I would be shocked if there weren’t key staff changes after the bowl.

We shall see. I hope so.

from what i had heard, people had thought this would be like a jimbo like transition not a complete rebuild. also, they didnt see him losing to FIU lol. manny will get another year bc u cant fire a coach after 1 season and expect to even get in a room w another decent or even middling guy, but hes done imo if he doesnt win 10

I'm shocked we only lost Height TBH

after losing to FIU and DUke, the best thing this bum of a staff did was sign the majority of their commits yesterday. that was the only goal they shouldve had in mind. height was a flip that stung bc of how "solid" he was with his troll, but he did the fanbase pretty dirty so bleep him esp after he got outted on sunday.

He needs to be told...Change or don't change...Fire who you want, or don't. But firing people and deciding to change after another miserable year is not an option. Either way, less than 10 wins gets you fired, it doesn't give you another year to finally make changes next year.

Advertisement

I hope you're right about something, for once.

He needs to be told...Change or don't change...Fire who you want, or don't. But firing people and deciding to change after another miserable year is not an option. Either way, less than 10 wins gets you fired, it doesn't give you another year to finally make changes next year.

as what vish of sebastians pub says all the time, if you are mandating a change to your HCs staff against the wishes of the HC, then fire the entire crew HC on down. no one should have to tell manny to fire anyone bc at that point, you just fire him along with everyone else since he doesnt clearly see the issue. no hc wants to be told what to do and i get that, but manny has to see that changes are necessary to wahtever theyre doing now on both sides. i do wonder how diff it wouldve been had simpson had not left for the NFL since he was the associate HC i believe at the time he bounced.

We will continue to have the most talent in the ACC Costal. Winning that division more often than not needs to be the starting place. And we have the talent to do it NOW. The fact we stink is so mind-blowingly frustrating

Advertisement

Who in your opinion deserves to still be employed from this staff on 12/19/19 aside from Hickson?

Is there any chance he guts the whole thing or are his band of worthless proteges safe from ridicule & consequence?

I actually liked the strategy at LB recruiting this year, it blew up in their faces because they’re not that good at recruiting, but securing 2 guys you love(Cave and Flagg) and then chasing top prospects (Greene and Flowe) at the position is a good model. We have 3 guys we can expect ok to good play from in McCloud, Huff and Brooks + a few guys that have been here forever but were injured this season in Joyner and Jennings, I think we will be ok at LB.

Should have done that at OL, CB and S too, but those are probably our worst recruiters on the staff along with Patke.

They followed a similar prototype at RB, getting Chaney in the fold and then pretty much going all out for Knighton. Even losing Height we still have a good DL class too.

WRs numbers are bad, but not sure taking 4 HS in the same class is the answer rn, we had problems with that in the 2018 class(2 already bounced and Pope only got heavy PT midway through the season), stacking 2/3 every class is probably the best answer. We should absolutely bring in a grad transfer this year to bring experience and a more developed body to the room

Also shout out @brock apparently Chaney is cut from a different cloth. I had no faith in him staying true to his word because of how pathetic the product was on the field this Fall & really no reason to think it will get better.

Sláinte!

1576788214819.gif

Unfortunately, I think he's safe if he wins 8-9 next year. With our luck, we'll pull out some 2017 like wins and finish 8-4.

Advertisement
Back