Thoughts on Stevenson and Bogle Announcement

View as article
A lot of folks make excuses for these kids with the business decision routine. A few days ago Tyrique tweeted eyes and the U hands or some **** on Twitter right after Manny was hired. These kids don’t just make “business decisions”, they clown us. Unacceptable and doesn’t happen anywhere else. Rotten HS culture some of y’all celebrate. That **** happens in Tuscaloosa they aren’t graduating after getting some unexpected Fs and their house is getting burned down. (Slight hyperbole for you slow folks). So fla folks help them write out their business decision nonsense. Thankfully I had no expectations.
Well said Sir!!! Thank you someone finally gets it

Advertisement
A lot of folks make excuses for these kids with the business decision routine. A few days ago Tyrique tweeted eyes and the U hands or some **** on Twitter right after Manny was hired. These kids don’t just make “business decisions”, they clown us. Unacceptable and doesn’t happen anywhere else. Rotten HS culture some of y’all celebrate. That **** happens in Tuscaloosa they aren’t graduating after getting some unexpected Fs and their house is getting burned down. (Slight hyperbole for you slow folks). So fla folks help them write out their business decision nonsense. Thankfully I had no expectations.

I couldn't agree anymore with this post. Spot on.

Makes a lot of sense when your uber talented like Bogle. Kids don't want to practice for 2 years, they want to play.
Im just saying bama has a good argument and players are willing to wait for this.........

Bama practices being tougher then the nfl

Pure truth.

U can say that again starts at the high school level

Advertisement
I get it and you may be right; but they don't even have a DC in place. How do you go to a program that you don't even know what Defensive philosophy they are going to run? Maybe they'll hire Randy and he'll run the Tampa 2, or O'Nofrio and run the Temple 8.
We were scrambling to replace Manny when he took the Temple job to try and stop the hemorrhaging and this kid is still considering going to a school without a coach. South Florida kids man! Or South Florida moms man!

1. Kirby run the defense at UGA, he may not call the plays but it is HIS defense;
2. You're right, CMR panicked when Manny left and the evidence is that Manny returned with a new DC and demoted the others;
3. I may be repeating myself but: we are not going to take those big recruits if we lose 6 games per year. What did you think happened? Bags? For sure, but you are an 18-year-old athlete and you're about to make a choice that potentially could impact your life and the ones of your future generations: Bama calling, Georgia calling, Miami calling, realistically, what are you choosing RIGHT NOW?

I mean, the only thing I blame to the previous staff recruiting wise (let's see what Manny does in 2020) is the inability to recognize the losing battles and the missing or delayed approach to the plan B.

We are not Bama, we are not in the S$C. Win the games and you will close with some very good classes (see Storm 18), lose the games and you are Virginia Tech or Louisville.

These kids don’t just make “business decisions”, they clown us.

Yeup. Tyson Campbell, Patrick Surtain, Stanford Samuel, Asante Samuel, Sony Michel, Jeudy, and STA players - the common thread being Broward County - never clowned Miami when choosing other schools. It's usually the Miami Dade kids. Not to judge/criticize the kids who do clown us, but it is usually the Dade kids that drag us along with games

Advertisement
Yeup. Tyson Campbell, Patrick Surtain, Stanford Samuel, Asante Samuel, Sony Michel, Jeudy, and STA players - the common thread being Broward County - never clowned Miami when choosing other schools. It's usually the Miami Dade kids. Not to judge/criticize the kids who do clown us, but it is usually the Dade kids that drag us along with games
well thats because you dont have guys like the old school canes that would smack the crap out of them.

Major FACTS

Advertisement
Meanwhile Campbell gets abused routinely in every game but “cb development”. That’s no slight in his ability as i am very high on Campbell but he’s received some sh*tty coaching this year. And baker is good but he’s small and not overall athletic. I see Him going late first or the second round.

And for the record Miami’s cb development has been as good as anybody the last 3 years or so

And what exactly is being developed at uga right now?
Last 3 years draft picks
Miami 24 (4 1 st round)
Uga 17( 5 1st round)
Most recent first round db from either school was Artie Burns in 2016

Miami even in down years has overwhelming more dbs in the league than uga... And we got 3 more draft picks on the way this year at db. When I hear about uncertainty of development on the defensive side of the ball it’s a bullsh*t excuse period

Pretty much this.

But our fans don’t help. We bash coaches before they step foot on campus and they are at a disadvantage credibility wise. Then someone like smart and crew come in with their “track record”
Which actually isn’t better yet these kids and parents eat it up. If you want to go to the school cuz they have a better record so be it. But this “I won’t get developed” is hog wash and made up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back