Thought for you from a Met fan

Advertisement
Such a great series win. A series in which we had the lead in every game. A tone setting series.
Against the defending Champs and hated rival that we never, ever seem to beat.
On the road without some of our key players to boot.

This season just feels so different.

I know we need more relievers. I know we need to stay healthy and keep healthy in the second half.
But if we can just get some bullpen help and a bat by the deadline I really do think this team is the team to beat.
And if both Max and deGrom are healthy in October who in their right mind is going to want to face us?

Let's Go Mets!

Such a great series win. A series in which we had the lead in every game. A tone setting series.
Against the defending Champs and hated rival that we never, ever seem to beat.
On the road without some of our key players to boot.

This season just feels so different.

I know we need more relievers. I know we need to stay healthy and keep healthy in the second half.
But if we can just get some bullpen help and a bat by the deadline I really do think this team is the team to beat.
And if both Max and deGrom are healthy in October who in their right mind is going to want to face us?

Let's Go Mets!
The Mets fans always seemingly forget the Braves are without key players too.

-all star 2nd baseman Ozzie Albies is out
-Adam Duval missed first game on paternity list
-Tyler Matzek just came back and isn't in true from yet, velo down about 3 MPH
-Luke Jackson is out for year
-Mike Soroka is out, but should be back soon
-Rosario just came back from eye surgery
-Ronald Acuna isn't back too form yet recovering from that ACL tear, he missed basically a month and a half to 2 months this year

With all that said nice series win, Mets are Better this year, but Braves have made up 8 games in standings in past month plus.

They are getting healthy too. With Mets having their best team in years they are 4-3 vs. Braves this year. Against playoff teams Astros, Braves, Dodgers Mets are 6-9.

Braves had 9 of 11 hardest hit balls in game 1, and Mets blooped the Braves like crazy. It's baseball though so you would think it evens out.

Regardless who wins division the other team is in great position for WC.

Advertisement
10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

Of course, the Mets have the richest owner in baseball. So there's that.

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.
How did I miss this? LFGM!

The Mets fans always seemingly forget the Braves are without key players too.

-all star 2nd baseman Ozzie Albies is out
-Adam Duval missed first game on paternity list
-Tyler Matzek just came back and isn't in true from yet, velo down about 3 MPH
-Luke Jackson is out for year
-Mike Soroka is out, but should be back soon
-Rosario just came back from eye surgery
-Ronald Acuna isn't back too form yet recovering from that ACL tear, he missed basically a month and a half to 2 months this year

With all that said nice series win, Mets are Better this year, but Braves have made up 8 games in standings in past month plus.

They are getting healthy too. With Mets having their best team in years they are 4-3 vs. Braves this year. Against playoff teams Astros, Braves, Dodgers Mets are 6-9.

Braves had 9 of 11 hardest hit balls in game 1, and Mets blooped the Braves like crazy. It's baseball though so you would think it evens out.

Regardless who wins division the other team is in great position for WC.
This is a Mets thread so of course the perspective is going to be purely about the Mets. You should not be surprised if there is no talk about other teams' injuries. *shrugs*.

Yes, the Braves are a great team and made up a huge deficit. They are a solid team and defending champs so we all knew that might happen.

That said, Without Marte, McNeil, McCann along with the history of the Braves always owning us things looked a bit dire heading into Atlanta.
The Mets instead of looking like the typical Mets of old looked like a solid team with guts and fighting spirit.

The main difference between this team and last year ... ...heck any previous years... ... is that this team has a fire in its belly and strong mental leadership from top to bottom of the organization. Just look at the fire and the passion guys like Mad Max and Lindor had.
Alonso is having a monster year and also has an edge about his game and his personality.
I haven't really seen that from a Mets team in decades from the heart and soul leaders of the ball club during regular season match ups.

We have a manager that has a hunger to win a Championship and is calm, cool and collected. Very measured in his approach and he has seen it all.

We have an Owner that is going to give his GM the green light to trade and get guys by the deadline who will help us win NOW. The urgency is there and we know that this window can close soon so we have to go for it now.

Of course the Braves can still win the Division. Of course we can fail miserably as in so many years past. That is always a possibility.

But as I alluded to before, if we are healthy, add some reinforcements and we have Max and deGrom on the mound in October we can beat anyone in the Majors and I think we are the team to beat.

Last edited:
With Mets having their best team in years they are 4-3 vs. Braves this year. Against playoff teams Astros, Braves, Dodgers Mets are 6-9.
Forgot to address this in my last post.
This stat is pretty much meaningless to me because the Mets may look like a totally different team in October. Roster Moves and healthy pitching can make a huuuuuge difference when the lights go on in playoffs situations.

But we shall see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I love this team so much.

Let's go Mets!
Lets Go Sport GIF by SNY

Advertisement
Great to see them sweeping the Yanks. Need to hit a little better but this team is serious. The trade deadline will be very interesting…
Yup.

We need another bat, a reliever and deGrom to get healthy and we should be good to go.

Citi Field will be a fortress if we can get the #1 seed so hopefully we can stay hot down the stretch.

Mets Flexing some muscles this weekend.
Slapping the Braves on the face and showing them that last year was last year...
... and this year we are more prepared and ready for battle.

I said it many times and I will say it a million times more: This year feels so different and this team is special.

Let's Go Mets.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back