Thought for you from a Met fan

Applecane

Recruit
Premium
10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

Of course, the Mets have the richest owner in baseball. So there's that.

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So you’re saying the Mets front office is equivalent to Miami’s board of trustees?

Advertisement
10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

Of course, the Mets have the richest owner in baseball. So there's that.

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.
I am a die hard Mets fan and yes, this week has been more than exciting!! Would have liked to have kept Baez but from what I understand Steve Cohen isnt through....of course they are the Mets and much like the Canes now I completely expect them to F this up somehow.

Mets are still the only NL East team to not win a series in this century. Also, Starling* Marte

Advertisement
Way too much coin for Max. I love him (Nats fan) but that is a decision that may come back to haunt the Mets. Going to be tough to see him in other colors AGAIN.

Advertisement
Way too much coin for Max. I love him (Nats fan) but that is a decision that may come back to haunt the Mets. Going to be tough to see him in other colors AGAIN.
Crazy money. I couldn't believe he got that much. As a Dodgers fan I saw firsthand him breaking down end of the year. They will have him on an inning count or pitch count more than likely too, which makes this even crazier. Good for Mad Max though, I'm sure he will have his moments with the Mets.

Advertisement
Back