Thought for you from a Met fan

That's why I said "Perhaps the best."
I love love De Grom but his body is breaking down so we don't know what we have with him.
Scherzer's arm did wear out in the playoffs but you have to factor in he was used as a reliever...
He had one good run of about 6 games with the Dodgers, when we needed him most. He fell off quick though. He had a dead arm in the postseason, which is why he missed starts. He is the ultimate competitor though, just use him wisely and he will do fine.

Advertisement
I'm a Mets fan - i'll be the first to admit Cohen is overspending at a ridiculous pace, like a guy who just stole something and knows he's going to prison soon.

He's paying rotational players $10-12M a year and giving Marte and Scherzer contracts that will expire when they are 37 and 40 respectively. That's 37 for a speed guy and 40 for a power pitcher (if his arm holds up).

The Scherzer deal is absurd. It eclipsed Coles deal by $7M per. That's unnecessarily resetting the market simply bc you are desperate.

Braves did it by striking gold in trades. Crazy but if Acuna doesn't get hurt, they don't make those moves, and more than likely don't win it all.

I dont agree... Acuna was one outfielder. They picked up four outfielders after the trade deadline because they needed 3 of them and they needed bats. Two guys were platoon guys that would switch up based on who pitched. Rosario was picked after they had their guys because he was viewed as a steal by the braves GM who had a history with Rosario. I think they would have all been picked up even if Acuna was down because Rosario was injured and wasnt available to play. If they didn't pick up one of them then they still would have had Acuna in that spot, who is one of the top 5 players in baseball.

Advertisement
I dont agree... Acuna was one outfielder. They picked up four outfielders after the trade deadline because they needed 3 of them and they needed bats. Two guys were platoon guys that would switch up based on who pitched. Rosario was picked after they had their guys because he was viewed as a steal by the braves GM who had a history with Rosario. I think they would have all been picked up even if Acuna was down because Rosario was injured and wasnt available to play. If they didn't pick up one of them then they still would have had Acuna in that spot, who is one of the top 5 players in baseball.
My point was they didn't win because of the farm system, they won because trades they made worked. Credit to them, I said it at the time they made all their moves, they got better with each move.

10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

Of course, the Mets have the richest owner in baseball. So there's that.

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.
FÜCK THE METS.

Signed,
A Phillies Phan

My point was they didn't win because of the farm system, they won because trades they made worked. Credit to them, I said it at the time they made all their moves, they got better with each move.

Taken... but yeah but no one does really... Braves farm system is better than just about everyone else's. Their core players are all from the farm.. Ozzie, Freddie, Acuna, Austin Riley, Max, Ian, Minter... **** they even had a couple of guys that pitched in the series that were pulled up from the farm just for the series. Dylan Lee got his first major start in the world series, which is insane.

Advertisement
Taken... but yeah but no one does really... Braves farm system is better than just about everyone else's. Their core players are all from the farm.. Ozzie, Freddie, Acuna, Austin Riley, Max, Ian, Minter... **** they even had a couple of guys that pitched in the series that were pulled up from the farm just for the series. Dylan Lee got his first major start in the world series, which is insane.
Well most teams are. Even the Dodgers were with ****, Joc, Belli, Taylor, Kershaw, Smith etc. Most teams are built on drafts. Houston did it better than anybody. People forget how bad they were for years. They built it draft pick by draft pick.

Mets really do need a better farm system. They're good at the top, empty in the lower leagues...

I just have to say that there is something magical about this Mets team.
It feels like no other season I have ever seen.
Yes, I know...
...it is June, still a long way to go, we need to get healthy and we may need to get some good relievers at the deadline.

But with the richest owner in baseball, a manager who is a veteran and knows what he is doing, and an old veteran laden club that is built to win NOW...
... I like our chances.

Let's Go Mets!

Last edited:
Happy Lets Go GIF by MLB

Advertisement
10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.
A belated THANK YOU!

Advertisement

As a Yankee fan Mets in a good spot I never cared for the Mets and they never bothered me. Think they probably seem like the only team that will be able to beat my boys this season.

Advertisement
Back