Thought for you from a Met fan

Advertisement
The Mets suck. Keep spending big though… it’s worked out well for ya the past few years. Lol

10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

Of course, the Mets have the richest owner in baseball. So there's that.

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.
Well as a lifetime Cubs fan it sure as **** better not be a championship ever 100 years or so...
It's no fun being a fan of a team that sucks every year!

1638304842075.png

P.S. I wasn't even alive last time, so my odds really suck...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Somebody should have alerted their front office that their new stadium is a very pitcher friendly park. I think it’s the best under park in all of baseball. You don’t need at overpay for Max to keep the ball inside the park. Stop looking for superstars. You just need solid guys that will stay healthy. Seems like a play to sell more tickets. They will wilt away in July/August again, like every year.

$43 million a year is pocket money for Steve Cohen. So taking a chance on Scherzer makes sense. Even if he just has one Scherzer-like year. What else is he going to do with his money and have this much fun?
And, yeah, he's way over the luxury tax threshold but the threshold is about to be raised.

10 days ago Met fans were in despair. It was taking an alarmingly long time to get a GM (after failing to land a president of baseball operations). And they still don't have a manager. (Kinda like our GM-coach situation.) There were big question marks in the lineup. Meanwhile other teams were loading up. Fans were in despair...

Now...We suddenly have a GM, and perhaps the best pitcher in baseball, Max Scherzer and three other quality/solid acquisitions (including Sterling Marte).

But all this Cane anger needs to be put on hold for just a little while longer. Patience.

You don't know the dumb imbeciles that run our University.... clue in, we extended Coker, hired Radio, hired and extended Al Foolden, we bought out Danny Miaz from Temple.....

Dude... serious talk... If you think Scherzer is the best pitcher in baseball you aint no Mets fan.

Thats like someone saying I am a bulls fan and Scottie Pippen was the GOAT.

Advertisement
Mets trying to do what the Yankees did when George was alive and buy championships.

They finally figured it out to some extent and have tried being fiscally responsible at least to a point.

Cohen gonna find out what George did, you can’t buy championships .Just gibe a call to the Dodgers.They’ll tell you how many they’ve won over the last 10 years since they started spending like s drunk sailor in a whorehouse.

The Rays have one if the lowest payrolls in baseball but contend for the pennant every year.They’ve done it with a great farm system.Same way the Braves did it this year.

Build the farm system.it works a whole lot better and is waaaaay less expensive.

Dude... serious talk... If you think Scherzer is the best pitcher in baseball you aint no Mets fan.

Thats like someone saying I am a bulls fan and Scottie Pippen was the GOAT.
Yea all he has to do is look down the dugout.The best is on the other end of the bench.

Just lost Baez though, but I get your point. Been a Mets fan since 84. Went to a spring training game in 5th grade.

Advertisement
Mets trying to do what the Yankees did when George was alive and buy championships.

They finally figured it out to some extent and have tried being fiscally responsible at least to a point.

Cohen gonna find out what George did, you can’t buy championships .Just gibe a call to the Dodgers.They’ll tell you how many they’ve won over the last 10 years since they started spending like s drunk sailor in a whorehouse.

The Rays have one if the lowest payrolls in baseball but contend for the pennant every year.They’ve done it with a great farm system.Same way the Braves did it this year.

Build the farm system.it works a whole lot better and is waaaaay less expensive.
Braves did it by striking gold in trades. Crazy but if Acuna doesn't get hurt, they don't make those moves, and more than likely don't win it all.

Braves did it by striking gold in trades. Crazy but if Acuna doesn't get hurt, they don't make those moves, and more than likely don't win it all.
Yea they filled in for the injuries by trading for a bunch of low end guys that performed but all of them together times 3 weren’t making 43 million a year…

Advertisement
LFGM!!!

Still work to be done. Need one more starter, a replacement for Loup in the pen (Chafin??), and we need to figure out Dom, JD, and McNeil (do we keep him and play him at 2nd?). Mets would benefit from a universal DH. Would love to see the Mets secretly re-sign Conforto after the lockout ends.

Yea they filled in for the injuries by trading for a bunch of low end guys that performed but all of them together times 3 weren’t making 43 million a year…
Well no, I just meant it wasn't the farm system. Best example of farm system is in Houston. Most of the guys on Dodgers team are farm grown as well. We have overspent for guys just like this. Kevin Brown is when it all started for us.

Edit, the Dodgers teams were farm grown I should have said, most of those guys moved on in past 2 years. ****, Joc, Ruiz, Verdugo and on and on.

It was worded a little odd, he was referring to DeGrom.
That's why I said "Perhaps the best."
I love love De Grom but his body is breaking down so we don't know what we have with him.
Scherzer's arm did wear out in the playoffs but you have to factor in he was used as a reliever...

Advertisement
Back