This sucks, but I guess we'll never have on-campus stadium

The only thing more ridiculous than failing to grasp there will never be an on-campus stadium is the assertion that we have a great stadium and atmosphere.

It's not a college football atmosphere at all. Attend any other game at a major venue and that will be immediately obvious unless you're in homer denial. The real world has on-campus events on game day coordinated with the lead up to the game. We're a 45 minute bus ride to a parking lot.

Last week on ESPN Recruiting Nation I saw a premier recruit who is headed to Alabama say that the number one thing he looked for in a college choice was the game day atmosphere. I wasn't going to mention that until this thread popped up, with the typical absurd claims that our venue is wonderful.

In particular I love it when the word "best" is associated. It's the best patchwork stadium in an irrelevant area next to an irrelevant race track.

Besides, it can't even grow real grass. That was the hilarity of the engineering of that patchwork roof. They were guaranteed to botch something. It turned out to be the playing surface. The hyped hybrid grass that would thrive via heat lamp despite sun blocked from the new roof was a flop all season. They had to replace it countless times including after barely any games had been played. There were several gaps this season of two weeks with neither the Canes or Dolphins playing at home yet the grass wouldn't take and the sod crews were out there constantly during time outs and at halftime. It didn't receive as much publicity as warranted but anyone in attendance saw it. On Dolphin sites the ire is most pronounced because the Dolphins take the worst of it as the second team up, on Sundays. There are already posters on those boards calling for the Canes to be evicted, and/or the playing surface replaced by Field Turf.
All of this.

Advertisement
The stupidity of some porsters on here is astounding.

The attendance this year was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the year we won our last NC in the beloved OB

But you dumbasses don't let facts get in the way, do you?

People that complain like this clearly don't go to games, so their complaints have no validity.

Get the fūck used to HR stadium and stop bītching like a bunch of puśšies, because that's the only place to catch the team you're supposedly a fan off.

Just what the fūck do you actually want?

Stadium trolls. What cūnts.

I keep seeing the "we set attendance records last year," but that's not all that impressive. We had no where to go but up.

I like HRS and think it's a cool venue, but let's stop acting like every game was sold out. There were still REALLY poorly attended games this season, but at least the on-field product was better.

Name 1 professional team in South Florida that sold out every game. It's the culture of the area. NOT the stadium or its location.

The attendance this year was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the year we won our last NC in the beloved OB

People that complain like this clearly don't go to games, so their complaints have no validity.

Get the fūck used to HR stadium and stop bītching like a bunch of puśšies, because that's the only place to catch the team you're supposedly a fan off.

Don't get so worked up man...

I went to every game this season (even one away in Boone) and while tickets might have been sold, the actual attendance was embarrassing for half the games.

The FAMU game was the first for Richt as Miami's head coach and people wanted to see the stadium with the canopy on it. It had a solid 58k

FAU was decent but the crown was at least 10k short of the previous week.

FSU was packed because it's FSU. We could play them in Alaska and people will show up.

UNC game was a ghost town. The people that were actually there were really loud though.

Pitt and Duke were also very empty.

I realize a stadium will never happen in CG, and that's fine. But don't think that recruits don't see that as a negative, especially during the down years when we're not winning. The fans might not care, but the kids do, and at the end of that day, if it hurts our recruiting, it will hurt our wins colum. Those coaches from those red neck small towns with power house programs def use it to negatively recruit against us.

As of next season, we will have 15 years left on the lease, the first 10 years of the 25 year lease have gone by very fast. if Miami doesn't have a plan within the next five years, we will be at the mercy of the dolphins ownership (whoever that might be) and without a plan, we might end up is a worst situation than in 07. (Imagine having to beg FIU to use their stadium, yikes).

For now, the improvement to the campus and the IPF will be huge. But plans for when the lease ends should not be put on the back burner.

I went to every game this season (even one away in Boone) and while tickets might have been sold, the actual attendance was embarrassing for half the games.

The FAMU game was the first for Richt as Miami's head coach and people wanted to see the stadium with the canopy on it. It had a solid 58k

FSU was packed because it's FSU. We could play them in Alaska and people will show up.

UNC game was a ghost town. The people that were actually there were really loud though.

I realize a stadium will never happen in CG, and that's fine. But don't think that recruits don't see that as a negative, especially during the down years when we're not winning. The fans might not care, but the kids do, and at the end of that day, if it hurts our recruiting, it will hurt our wins colum. Those coaches from those red neck small towns with power house programs def use it to negatively recruit against us.

As of next season, we will have 15 years left on the lease, the first 10 years of the 25 year lease have gone by very fast. if Miami doesn't have a plan within the next five years, we will be at the mercy of the dolphins ownership (whoever that might be) and without a plan, we might end up is a worst situation than in 07. (Imagine having to beg FIU to use their stadium, yikes).

For now, the improvement to the campus and the IPF will be huge. But plans for when the lease ends should not be put on the back burner.

Wrong about UNC, Pitt, and Duke being ghost towns or very empty.

You weren't there, obviously

So there goes your credibility.

Advertisement
Look at this ghost town vs UNC

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

And I'm not saying they're shouldn't be contingency plans for 15 years from now.

But why lie about attendance and atmosphere.

I've been to pretty much every home game since the 90's and the attendance and in-stadium atmosphere this past year has never been better. That's a fact.

Try going to games. Because anybody that says the UNC game was a ghost town, obviously wasn't there.

Baldface lying like that makes you a shīt poster.

Ok guy lol. image.jpgimage.jpg

Well, the Miami Herald article says that UM and Coral Gables are pretty far along with the approval process for a gigantic new dormitory that would take up most of the space between Eaton and the Pavia parking garage, running up to the area close to Ponce where the rest of the Serpentine lot is now.

And then the article talks about UM and Coral Gables compromising and giving Coral Gables more control over the "perimeter" of the campus, which probably rules out the "driving range" north of Mahoney-Pearson, as well as the intramural area.

So it looks like we can stick a fork in any optimistic thoughts of UM ever squeezing in some plans for a stadium (or Coral Gables approving it).

Sucks. Very let down by my alma mater.

What sort of college dorm can $155 million buy? UM students will find out. | Miami Herald

The school of that snake shalala ? Now she is gone from miami she should face investigation

This is hilarious.

This dude is just realizing there's an actual university attached to Miami's football program, and he's ****ed about it

Advertisement
And I'm not saying they're shouldn't be contingency plans for 15 years from now.

I've been to pretty much every home game since the 90's and the attendance and in-stadium atmosphere this past year has never been better. That's a fact.

Try going to games. Because anybody that says the UNC game was a ghost town, obviously wasn't there.

I wouldn't argue that it was better last year. However, I think what people are trying to say is that once the novelty of the stadium goes away, we still won't have a culture of our own in HR like we did at the OB. Now don't get me wrong, I know the OB was a pos, but it was home. I don't think people feel that way towards hard rock

Also, stop behaving like a child with your name calling. No reason to lie about what I saw from my seats...a sea of teal,seats in the upper bowl and patchy as **** in the lower bowl. Go to games in any other college p5 stadium. You can't even get a ticket.

I wouldn't argue that it was better last year. However, I think what people are trying to say is that once the novelty of the stadium goes away, we still won't have a culture of our own in HR like we did at the OB. Now don't get me wrong, I know the OB was a pos, but it was home. I don't think people feel that way towards hard rock

Also, stop behaving like a child with your name calling. No reason to lie about what I saw from my seats...a sea of teal,seats in the upper bowl and patchy as **** in the lower bowl. Go to games in any other college p5 stadium. You can't even get a ticket.

I've got visual, undisputed pictures that absolutely prove beyond a shadow of ANY doubt that it wasn't a ghost town vs UNC, while you have a picture of some ticket.

You lied, now you're deflecting.

Yes, you're a shït poster for blatant lying, and I still don't know what your point is.

Make contingency plans as the lease expires in 15 years? No reasonable person would disagree with that.

Still don't get why you lie like a dog about attendance, though.

I've got visual, undisputed pictures that absolutely prove beyond a shadow of ANY doubt that it wasn't a ghost town vs UNC, while you have a picture of some ticket.

Yes, you're a shït poster for blatant lying, and I still don't know what your point is.

Make contingency plans as the lease expires in 15 years? No reasonable person would disagree with that.

Because I was there an saw it from the seats I posted above. What you have is some crappy pixelated pictures that hide the empty teal seats.

Advertisement
Are these the ones that are supposed to replace the fresh dorms? Cause I know they are going to be tearing those 4 buildings down or some ****. It's needed too the fresh dorms suck, even though the environment is great. They just need to be improved alot

My understanding is that the new dorms will be built next to Eaton, but they won't replace the freshmen dorms in Hecht and Stanford. I think they're going to be renovating those freshman towers soon, though, as they're quite small and old.

Because I was there an saw it from the seats I posted above. What you have is some crappy pixelated pictures that hide the empty teal seats.

You lied.

You got caught in your obvious lie, with indisputable photographic evidence.

Take your L like a man and move on.

Advertisement

Exactly the guy is an idiot.

Well we're on UNC - that UNC game was specifically called out as a "ghost town". Those are pics from the Pitt game, fool. Try again.

Nice try at deflection, though.

More obfuscation.

Pitt is a separate discussion

Advertisement
Back