This sucks, but I guess we'll never have on-campus stadium

Guys. Ross has us buy the balls with that killer lease that Donna signed.

Hard Rock it is. Let's concentrate on beating Free Shoes.

Advertisement
Before these new dorms get built there are only a couple thousand students living on campus. UM is largely a commutor school as is! Why anyone would think we would have a better turnout on campus is beyond me. If Miami loses, seats will be empty. Even in a floating stadium above Lake Osceola.

You want a more realistic suggestion than on-campus or across 57th?

Mall of the Americas. It's next to 826/836, can easily be configured with direct access to the highway. That site will probably be available at the right price as that mall is dead.

Mall of the Americas. It's next to 826/836, can easily be configured with direct access to the highway. That site will probably be available at the right price as that mall is dead.

Who is paying for the land and the stadium? Why would this be a better option than what we already have?

I wish people that are not from here and have never been to Coral Gables would stop with this nonsense already. There is NO Room and it would literally take hours upon hours to get in and out of the area if they were to somehow find room. We have an amazing stadium now so STFU and go to the games.

Advertisement
.. we were better off with the dump that was the OB because at least people came out.. they don't even try at HRS..

This is a lie and shows that you're either a con artist or you just don't know what you're talking about.

Even at the OB we had crappy attendance at times.... **** I remember going to a game vs Pitt when we were ranked 2/3 in 2000 and there only being 50k fans there...

We can't even get 50k people in the stands now... Im not saying the OB was packed or sell out every game.. I'm just saying even at our worse it wasn't as pathetic as it is now.. go look at our GT game last year or Pitt this year..

You're lying again and you are not an alum.

Only retarded trolls bring up the on-campus, or close-to-campus stadium issue.

There is 0.0000% chance of the Hurricanes playing anywhere else but HR stadium for at least the next 25 years or much more.

Also, you stupid fūck, we had better attendance this past year than in the last championship year, as a matter of fact, I can't remember a year in the last 20, where the attendance was better than last year.

Now STFU, delete your account and never post again.

Best post of the month!!!

People still on this stadium thing. How many times do you have to be told it isn't going to happen before you move on?

Advertisement
People need to realize it's a Coral Gables zoning/ordinance thing, and not a University thing

That's on top of the fact that there is NO SPACE for a 50k+ person stadium on campus (and not enough parking - traffic would be an absolute nightmare)

It's never going to happen, at least not within CG city limits

Some of you need to come to terms with that

If you are truly the original Cane then you should know that there was never a chance in **** that there would be an on campus stadium. Knowing that makes this a really ridiculous post.

Honestly I want to fight the OP right about now. Meat me somewhere you les incompetent

Well, the Miami Herald article says that UM and Coral Gables are pretty far along with the approval process for a gigantic new dormitory that would take up most of the space between Eaton and the Pavia parking garage, running up to the area close to Ponce where the rest of the Serpentine lot is now.

And then the article talks about UM and Coral Gables compromising and giving Coral Gables more control over the "perimeter" of the campus, which probably rules out the "driving range" north of Mahoney-Pearson, as well as the intramural area.

So it looks like we can stick a fork in any optimistic thoughts of UM ever squeezing in some plans for a stadium (or Coral Gables approving it).

Sucks. Very let down by my alma mater.

What sort of college dorm can $155 million buy? UM students will find out. | Miami Herald

If you are going to tell a lie, at least make it believable. If you are an alum(Which I doubt), you should be beyond happy that the University is improving the on-campus experience for resident students. I never had to live in the towers, but I heard stories about how much it sucked, especially compared to Mahoney/Pearson, which weren't all that great themselves. I still don't get how fans, people who have little if any loyalty to the University itself have the guts to complain about the school doing what's right for stakeholders. Why would the University of Miami spend money on a stadium, when they play in a world class facility as is?

Advertisement
I wish people that are not from here and have never been to Coral Gables would stop with this nonsense already. There is NO Room and it would literally take hours upon hours to get in and out of the area if they were to somehow find room. We have an amazing stadium now so STFU and go to the games.

Exactly.

These clowns don't go to games, so who cares what their opinion is.

Anyway it's an impossibility, and Tropical park or other sites in Dade are a pipe dream.

People just need to STFU and go to the games. The atmosphere now is absolutely outstanding. The FSU game was insane. The other games were **** good too.

It's not just a matter of having enough room for a 50,000 seat stadium. It's the logistics of traffic and parking. Do you realize how huge the parking lot is at Hard Rock Stadium?

Those along with Indoor Practice Facility will make us have first class facilities. Very important for recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Other than possibly UCLA no other team has a stadium so far from campus. It's absurd.

Well, the Miami Herald article says that UM and Coral Gables are pretty far along with the approval process for a gigantic new dormitory that would take up most of the space between Eaton and the Pavia parking garage, running up to the area close to Ponce where the rest of the Serpentine lot is now.

And then the article talks about UM and Coral Gables compromising and giving Coral Gables more control over the "perimeter" of the campus, which probably rules out the "driving range" north of Mahoney-Pearson, as well as the intramural area.

So it looks like we can stick a fork in any optimistic thoughts of UM ever squeezing in some plans for a stadium (or Coral Gables approving it).

Sucks. Very let down by my alma mater.

What sort of college dorm can $155 million buy? UM students will find out. | Miami Herald

If you are going to tell a lie, at least make it believable. If you are an alum(Which I doubt), you should be beyond happy that the University is improving the on-campus experience for resident students. I never had to live in the towers, but I heard stories about how much it sucked, especially compared to Mahoney/Pearson, which weren't all that great themselves. I still don't get how fans, people who have little if any loyalty to the University itself have the guts to complain about the school doing what's right for stakeholders. Why would the University of Miami spend money on a stadium, when they play in a world class facility as is?

Yeah Stanford and Hecht were pretty ******. But the overall experience of freshman year in the dorms was awesome because it was a real community. Hopefully it remains like that and not Mahoney which is basically lifeless.

Also malls in general aren't doing too well.

Advertisement
Back