This sucks, but I guess we'll never have on-campus stadium

Advertisement
I'm always astounded by these "Coral Gables will never let it happen" posts.

Do you not realize that the campus is right on the edge of Coral Gables? A way more plausible scenario is to build it on the west side of 57th Ave/Red Road, that neighborhood is being revitalized and the government housing there will be available at some point...

Cutting edge. I'm sure no one has thought of that up to this point.

Apparently not, with all the ing about CG. It's as if the stadium has to be locked in to that particular city...

.. we were better off with the dump that was the OB because at least people came out.. they don't even try at HRS..

This is a lie and shows that you're either a con artist or you just don't know what you're talking about.

Even at the OB we had crappy attendance at times.... **** I remember going to a game vs Pitt when we were ranked 2/3 in 2000 and there only being 50k fans there...

Well, the Miami Herald article says that UM and Coral Gables are pretty far along with the approval process for a gigantic new dormitory that would take up most of the space between Eaton and the Pavia parking garage, running up to the area close to Ponce where the rest of the Serpentine lot is now.

And then the article talks about UM and Coral Gables compromising and giving Coral Gables more control over the "perimeter" of the campus, which probably rules out the "driving range" north of Mahoney-Pearson, as well as the intramural area.

So it looks like we can stick a fork in any optimistic thoughts of UM ever squeezing in some plans for a stadium (or Coral Gables approving it).

Sucks. Very let down by my alma mater.

What sort of college dorm can $155 million buy? UM students will find out. | Miami Herald
the school badly needs an upgrade to the campus housing situation. in my opinion this project will do a lot more for the school than an on campus stadium.

Last edited:
Well, the Miami Herald article says that UM and Coral Gables are pretty far along with the approval process for a gigantic new dormitory that would take up most of the space between Eaton and the Pavia parking garage, running up to the area close to Ponce where the rest of the Serpentine lot is now.

And then the article talks about UM and Coral Gables compromising and giving Coral Gables more control over the "perimeter" of the campus, which probably rules out the "driving range" north of Mahoney-Pearson, as well as the intramural area.

So it looks like we can stick a fork in any optimistic thoughts of UM ever squeezing in some plans for a stadium (or Coral Gables approving it).

Sucks. Very let down by my alma mater.

What sort of college dorm can $155 million buy? UM students will find out. | Miami Herald

The school of that snake shalala ? Now she is gone from miami she should face investigation

Advertisement
.. we were better off with the dump that was the OB because at least people came out.. they don't even try at HRS..

This is a lie and shows that you're either a con artist or you just don't know what you're talking about.

Even at the OB we had crappy attendance at times.... **** I remember going to a game vs Pitt when we were ranked 2/3 in 2000 and there only being 50k fans there...

47,250, but who's counting?

Dude, new dorms or no new dorms there will never be an on campus stadium. We play in a state of an art stadium with great space for tailgating and near major highways. We don't need an on campus stadium.

none of that matter if fans don't even go to the games.. what the point of having a top of the line stadium if no one goes to it.. we were better off with the dump that was the OB because at least people came out.. they don't even try at HRS.. Every time I read about a new stadium.. people ALWAYS say "what about the people traveling north of the stadium.. what about them?" and I always say.. UM home games is as far north as it has ever been and the attendance is x10 worse.. We the stadium was more south.. we had a respectable attendance even when we were on the decline in '06 and '07 when the OB still exist. Coral Gable will N-E-V-E-R approve an on campus stadium.. so forget that... plus there isn't space..

The only way Miami will ever get a stadium closer to campus is 2 ways..

1) Marlins move.. (completely realistic though every doubtful) Marlins generate no revenue, always among the worst in attendance.. I wouldn't be surprise me if the next owner dips with the Marlin because u can't make money here.. (sad part is they are in a Hispanic area) I'm sure the current owner is losing more money then actually making it.. Anyways we would probably move in to Marlins Park.. renovate the stadium to give it a more football vibe (then again u could just have the baseball and football team share it but w.e).. I'm sure most would be like "eww".. but if the fans show up.. then it won't matter because no matter how big or small or odd a stadium is.. as long as you have an electric atmosphere recruit will come.. trust me

2) Share FIU Stadium (and maybe help them renovate it to accommodate UM) or Buy Tamiami Park from FIU or whoever has the power to agree.. Tamiami park IS on FIU campus so give FIU an offer they can't refuse.. like.. idk a small pie out of Miami games or.. a yearly home and home.. or FIU get a yearly home game against Miami.. idk.. something that would be a HUGE money grab for FIU..

Note.. for either to be possible Miami gotta win.. get the Fans and Booster full support.. so Miami can make money from football to get these things. I don't know if either is actually possible but I'd like to hear opinions
Your #2 scenario is an absolutely horrendous idea...

We can't even get 50k people in the stands now... Im not saying the OB was packed or sell out every game.. I'm just saying even at our worse it wasn't as pathetic as it is now.. go look at our GT game last year or Pitt this year..

Advertisement
Dude, new dorms or no new dorms there will never be an on campus stadium. We play in a state of an art stadium with great space for tailgating and near major highways. We don't need an on campus stadium.

none of that matter if fans don't even go to the games.. what the point of having a top of the line stadium if no one goes to it.. we were better off with the dump that was the OB because at least people came out..

uh, lol, that's BS.
How old are you?

We can't even get 50k people in the stands now... Im not saying the OB was packed or sell out every game.. I'm just saying even at our worse it wasn't as pathetic as it is now.. go look at our GT game last year or Pitt this year..
We had 57K vs FAMU... Stop trolling.

You're lying again and you are not an alum.

Only retarded trolls bring up the on-campus, or close-to-campus stadium issue.

There is 0.0000% chance of the Hurricanes playing anywhere else but HR stadium for at least the next 25 years or much more.

Also, you stupid fūck, we had better attendance this past year than in the last championship year, as a matter of fact, I can't remember a year in the last 20, where the attendance was better than last year.

Now STFU, delete your account and never post again.

Advertisement
No shi@@@@

UM was never getting an on campus stadium even if they had the space and coral gables blessing.

Too much $$$$

none of that matter if fans don't even go to the games.. what the point of having a top of the line stadium if no one goes to it.. we were better off with the dump that was the OB because at least people came out.. they don't even try at HRS.. Every time I read about a new stadium.. people ALWAYS say "what about the people traveling north of the stadium.. what about them?" and I always say.. UM home games is as far north as it has ever been and the attendance is x10 worse.. We the stadium was more south.. we had a respectable attendance even when we were on the decline in '06 and '07 when the OB still exist. Coral Gable will N-E-V-E-R approve an on campus stadium.. so forget that... plus there isn't space..

The only way Miami will ever get a stadium closer to campus is 2 ways..

1) Marlins move.. (completely realistic though every doubtful) Marlins generate no revenue, always among the worst in attendance.. I wouldn't be surprise me if the next owner dips with the Marlin because u can't make money here.. (sad part is they are in a Hispanic area) I'm sure the current owner is losing more money then actually making it.. Anyways we would probably move in to Marlins Park.. renovate the stadium to give it a more football vibe (then again u could just have the baseball and football team share it but w.e).. I'm sure most would be like "eww".. but if the fans show up.. then it won't matter because no matter how big or small or odd a stadium is.. as long as you have an electric atmosphere recruit will come.. trust me

2) Share FIU Stadium (and maybe help them renovate it to accommodate UM) or Buy Tamiami Park from FIU or whoever has the power to agree.. Tamiami park IS on FIU campus so give FIU an offer they can't refuse.. like.. idk a small pie out of Miami games or.. a yearly home and home.. or FIU get a yearly home game against Miami.. idk.. something that would be a HUGE money grab for FIU..

Note.. for either to be possible Miami gotta win.. get the Fans and Booster full support.. so Miami can make money from football to get these things. I don't know if either is actually possible but I'd like to hear opinions

This is a terrible post from top to bottom. Take a lap....

w8-4-o_thumbnail.gif

Advertisement
You have so many facts wrong that it is not even worth trying to correct. You obviously don't have a clue.

As long as we get the IPF built, I don't care...

Sun Life Hard Richt Stadium seats upwards of 70,000+, that's more than enough for fans...

Attendance was pretty good last year, still needs to improve on a more consistent basis, but it's not as bad as its been in the past.

Hard Rock is a good enough venue for this team, plus we have a 25 year lease... Yall need to let go of the idea of an on campus stadium, it ain't happening.

Love HRS I don't like going anywhere else to watch a game that place has made me a stadium snob. Just need to get a few more fans out there houses and into the stadium **** I drive from Tampa for all 6 games cause that stadium, the new coach, the new attitude around the program. If I lived down there he'll you would be down there the night before partying lol

Just stop with the on campus stadium like that's gonna make people come more? We win more then the pretend fans come out of the wood works just like gayturd and criminole fans

Advertisement
Back