This reminds me of Coker in 2006

The local kids who go elsewhere seem to do okay.

Our staff has been full of mediocre guys, and we see the results you’d expect from that state of affairs.

I compare it to wrestling. You can send an athletic kid with bad fundamentals to a school full of great wrestlers and that kid will turn into a champion pretty quick. The best wrestlers are not necessarily the most athletic or the strongest but they are well coached and fundamentally sound. You don't see the south Florida guys that play for Alabama or Clemson make the same mistakes our guys do.

Advertisement
Our 2013 team had four OL who started games in the NFL this year. The fifth guy was first team All-ACC. We still got destroyed by Duke.

It’s coaching.

Of course it is coaching.

How many players on our 2013 team started games in the NFL?

What is that old saying...Good enough to start in the NFL, probably good enough to contribute in college.

Hire h8m as AD. Fire Flake Blames. Let Butch hire the next next HC.

We need someting other than a 70 year old HC if we’re recruiting kids born after Butch last coached at UM.
Im up for anything at this point even though by the post game pressers at FIU, if those are any indicator for me Butch can still get it done IMO. But thats not facts its an opinion.

I compare it to wrestling. You can send an athletic kid with bad fundamentals to a school full of great wrestlers and that kid will turn into a champion pretty quick. The best wrestlers are not necessarily the most athletic or the strongest but they are well coached and fundamentally sound. You don't see the south Florida guys that play for Alabama or Clemson make the same mistakes our guys do.
Culture, roster depth, competition, standards, etc.

Yep.

Putting aside for a moment the fact that Richt took this job because he missed calling plays, hiring an OC would require Richt to fire someone since he wasted the last coaching position on a striker coach. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Advertisement
Putting aside for a moment the fact that Richt took this job because he missed calling plays, hiring an OC would require Richt to fire someone since he wasted the last coaching position on a striker coach. I’ll believe it when I see it.
It’d be insincere and destined to fail. Richt should step down.

So then that's coaching? What exactly are you trying to say? South Florida kids inherently have bad fundamentals but other places coach them better?

So then that's coaching? What exactly are you trying to say? South Florida kids inherently have bad fundamentals but other places coach them better?

It is coaching but at the high school and college level. Obviously, Miami cannot fix high school coaching but we need to hire such high quality of coaches that they make up for the poor coaching the players received in high school.

Take wrestling as an example. If you had a bunch of 5-year-olds from Liberty City wrestle kids from Iowa the Liberty City kids would probably win. By the time the kids are 10, the Iowa kids would be much better wrestlers that they would defeat the more athletic kids from Liberty City. The difference is development and of not all fundamentals but also how to prepare. Right now Miami takes undeveloped kids and does not develop them, this is why they tend to not get drafted but end up making rosters. The Miami recruits are naturally a few years behind better coached players. We need coaches that can catch them up.

Advertisement
It is coaching but at the high school and college level. Obviously, Miami cannot fix high school coaching but we need to hire such high quality of coaches that they make up for the poor coaching the players received in high school.

Take wrestling as an example. If you had a bunch of 5-year-olds from Liberty City wrestle kids from Iowa the Liberty City kids would probably win. By the time the kids are 10, the Iowa kids would be much better wrestlers that they would defeat the more athletic kids from Liberty City. The difference is development and of not all fundamentals but also how to prepare. Right now Miami takes undeveloped kids and does not develop them, this is why they tend to not get drafted but end up making rosters. The Miami recruits are naturally a few years behind better coached players. We need coaches that can catch them up.

I will challenge you on the notion that the HS coaching a Miami or Tri-County recruit receives is inferior to the point that we need to then overcompensate on our own staff. That's ridiculous.

In fact, it shows a complete lack of awareness of South FL HS FB, and a lack of appreciation as to what is plaguing us as a program.

We have elite HSs who compete on a national level. That's a fact. We've bungled recruiting thoroughbreds from said HS and have instead been forced to adopt at the dog track. That is also a fact.

It's not that well prepared prospects aren't available, it's that we ***** up recruiting them or can't hold them because the product is so crappy.

We've missed on a ton of prospects who have gone on to make immediate impacts elsewhere, too quickly to say that the coaching at other programs had much to do with it.

We don't need to run an LD program for undercoached recruits, we need a competent and competitive environment where the talent we have is put in a position to succeed. Basically a D'onofrio vs a Diaz situation. All of a sudden, Miami's defensives statistics flipped in less than 2 years. Do that on both sides of the ball.

Yea, I don't buy this theory at all. Miami high school teams destroy hyped up kids from all around the country. SFLA is one of the best places for football, period, and kids from SFLA make an early impact at programs all around the country. This theory that you're claiming has serious racial undertones to it, too. May not be your intent, but just telling the truth.

Yea, I don't buy this theory at all. Miami high school teams destroy hyped up kids from all around the country. SFLA is one of the best places for football, period, and kids from SFLA make an early impact at programs all around the country. This theory that you're claiming has serious racial undertones to it, too. May not be your intent, but just telling the truth.

You got to look at the salaries in other states vs South Florida. Quality coaches don't coach for 8k per year. Jess Simpson made over $175k per year at Buford (public school) and that is before booster club bonuses. Look at high school coaches that did well in college and where they are from.

It isn't a knock on the kids; if anything it is knock on the school districts. South Florida teams compete well around the country because of the talent of the kids not because the coaches have developed polished football players. Kids, in general, are playing sooner, that is not just an SFLA thing.

I will challenge you on the notion that the HS coaching a Miami or Tri-County recruit receives is inferior to the point that we need to then overcompensate on our own staff. That's ridiculous.

In fact, it shows a complete lack of awareness of South FL HS FB, and a lack of appreciation as to what is plaguing us as a program.

We have elite HSs who compete on a national level. That's a fact. We've bungled recruiting thoroughbreds from said HS and have instead been forced to adopt at the dog track. That is also a fact.

It's not that well prepared prospects aren't available, it's that we ***** up recruiting them or can't hold them because the product is so crappy.

We've missed on a ton of prospects who have gone on to make immediate impacts elsewhere, too quickly to say that the coaching at other programs had much to do with it.

We don't need to run an LD program for undercoached recruits, we need a competent and competitive environment where the talent we have is put in a position to succeed. Basically a D'onofrio vs a Diaz situation. All of a sudden, Miami's defensives statistics flipped in less than 2 years. Do that on both sides of the ball.

Diaz is now a head coach so that probably qualifies him as an elite DC. Miami has only been successful when a position or team is coached by an elite coach and we have always had one or two let down games a year. DMoney always points to how our players drafted in later rounds or are UDFA tend to perform more often than others and earn big second contracts. This only happens if they didn't reach their ceiling in college. The growth starts before college and anyone that has ever participated in a sport understands that. I am not challenging the talent, just stating we need really good coaches to develop our players.

Advertisement
I used to be of the mindset that we just need to hire an OC, unfortunately I no longer feel that way.

The fact is, the locker room is divided. The fact is, Miami has been thoroughly mismanaged both on and off the field.

It’s inexcusable to target only one, that’s right, one QB the entire 2019 cycle and say you’re content w/ not taking a QB. No P5 school is doing that, even if they have a clip full of Heisman hopefuls. It’s even more egregious when you know who’s in that QB room, and it needs to be upgraded or, at the very minimum, protected for any potential transfers or injuries.

It’s inexcusable to stay pat w one RB an entire cycle, losing contact w every other option. Again, another position that’s often too injured

It’s inexcusable for Searels to remain here as a OL coach when his unit has continually regressed, nor does his techniques mesh with recruiting or with what Richt wants to run.

It’s inexcusable to allow your Co-Offensive Coordinator to go on camera and call young men cancers in the locker room.

This entire regime is completely dysfunctional. The only semblance of functionality was on the defensive side of the ball, and to show u how f’d up this program must really be, the d-coordinator uprooted his family from the city he grew up in and loved to moved to Philly to coach Temple. I mean literally at the first open gig he threw his hat in to get the fck away from here.

Being a little too dramatic? Well, we see our juniors doing the same thing, and the ones that did come back (JJ, Redwine, and Mike Jax) probably regret every minute of doing so.

Getting an OC does nothing. Get rid of Blake and get rid of Richt. I said it b4, the shiny new buildings mean absolutely nothing. Let’s stop talking about the stadium, b/c the stadium was meant for The Dolphins & The Dolphins only. Blake had chit to do w that. Let’s get a real AD, and a real coach who can embrace what it means to be the bad guy, the party pooper, and NFLU. Richt is a tool. On paper he looks good, but he’s past his prime.

U want a real band aid, one that will stop the bleeding? Let go of Richt, and drive a couple miles down the road and go get Butch. Whatever beef there is/was, let it go. Go hire him, allow him to rebuild and put us in a position to be attractive to both recruits and a future coach.

Tired of this silly putty put in these gaping holes.

Here is an old article that compares pay between Georgia and Florida (bottom of article)
https://www.jacksonville.com/sports...most-nfl-talent-yet-statewide-pay-high-school

What this doesn't tell you is that most Georgia HC's don't teach anything (including weights) so their teaching salary is really a salary to coach football. Obviously, there are still good coaches in Florida, just like every other state. That being said, pay tends to attract talent.

We’ve played with under 80 kids for years. Our experienced guys bail early. Our lines are weak and thin. We get talent in, but if a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, then we are weak. When we have a full roster, a complement of upperclassmen, assistants that can coach, a Hc that can hire assistants other programs will want, amd schemes that are innovative and fit our talent and culture, then we will able to be back to competitive.

Right now, we’re a travesty of a mockery of a sham, as programs go.

Underrated point with playing under 80. Imagine if we had 3 extra bodies on OL and 3 more on DL.

Advertisement
You got to look at the salaries in other states vs South Florida. Quality coaches don't coach for 8k per year. Jess Simpson made over $175k per year at Buford (public school) and that is before booster club bonuses. Look at high school coaches that did well in college and where they are from.

It isn't a knock on the kids; if anything it is knock on the school districts. South Florida teams compete well around the country because of the talent of the kids not because the coaches have developed polished football players. Kids, in general, are playing sooner, that is not just an SFLA thing.
But that goes directly against your theory of the kids from Iowa beating the SFLA kids because the coaching catches up to the talent.

Just generally, Miami’s issues are not because of SFLA kids being underdeveloped and having poor HS coaching. It’s because of the dip**** Miami coaches not playing to their strengths.

But that goes directly against your theory of the kids from Iowa beating the SFLA kids because the coaching catches up to the talent.

Just generally, Miami’s issues are not because of SFLA kids being underdeveloped and having poor HS coaching. It’s because of the dip**** Miami coaches not playing to their strengths.

Performance is always a mixture of both talent and coaching. I used Iowa as an example because they have some of the best wrestling in the country. My point was kids in SFLA are likely more athletic and aggressive than Iowa kids but good coaching is what makes the Iowa kid a better college wrestler and that coaching starts long before college. Wrestling is probably more technical than football but the same principles apply to create a football player. Good coaches in college go where the money is, there is no reason to think that same thing doesn't happen in high school.

High school football has changed a lot in the last 30 years, which is why you see freshman contributing more. The biggest reason is better coaching in both high school and college.

I still think Richt needs to make that decision himself bc if he doesn’t he will no doubt be canned next year and he can only look at himself. He needs to win the coastal minimum next year.
This is where I am. Mark Richt is a quality individual and he loves his alma mater. It’s not all about money.

Take wrestling as an example. If you had a bunch of 5-year-olds from Liberty City wrestle kids from Iowa the Liberty City kids would probably win. By the time the kids are 10, the Iowa kids would be much better wrestlers that they would defeat the more athletic kids from Liberty City. The difference is development and of not all fundamentals but also how to prepare. Right now Miami takes undeveloped kids and does not develop them, this is why they tend to not get drafted but end up making rosters. The Miami recruits are naturally a few years behind better coached players. We need coaches that can catch them up.[/QUOTE]

Im from Iowa and will take Iowa wrestlers at any age versus Florida wrestlers. I will admi there are exceptions though.

Advertisement
Back