This reminds me of Coker in 2006

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
That's how this feels. Same age (58), same record. We have an offensive coach with a boring, ineffective offense. Our only hope is hiring an OC to do the coach's job for him. We are trying to make Richt a CEO, even though his big-picture judgment this year would get him fired by any board. The defense is good but overworked and flawed. The quarterback play is the worst it's been since Kyle and Kirby.

It's been twelve years since Coker got fired and we are in the same place. This sucks.

The reality is you can't fire Richt after three years. No AD in America would do that. I think there's enough pressure on him that he will hire an OC. But the question is: will he be bold, or will he make a "safe" choice that really changes nothing? History would suggest the latter.

Whatever he does, this needs to be the year. And if we don't make that leap into the Top 10, we need to move on and rethink our approach. Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt all had one thing in common: they weren't innovators. They were supposed "CEOs" who believed in winning with simple schemes and better athletes. The past sixteen years have proven that won't work here. This is a program built on innovation. We need to get back to that.

Miami is a more attractive place than it was in 2006. We have a great stadium and modern facilities. Guys like Leach and Mullen were begging for the job. Someone like Dino Babers would kill for this opportunity. We saw in 2017 how quickly momentum can shift for the better. But we're getting old. And this season looked way too familiar.

Advertisement
His options are to ride or die with his guys or finally make the changes needed for the better of this program. There are no other alternatives for him at this point.

Hire a great young mind to take over this stagnant offense and this can be a quick turnaround, Stick with the status quo and he's signing off on his own extension.

Advertisement
I still think Richt needs to make that decision himself bc if he doesn’t he will no doubt be canned next year and he can only look at himself. He needs to win the coastal minimum next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ufag fired both their last corches very quickly. Only in Miami do ADs give extensions after 6-6 or 3 straight losses. It's their own fault, so they need to fire Flake and take it out his severance
I think you can read that as Miami is too scared to fire Rick after 3 years because the media and other people might say mean things about Miami.

We are so scared of negative perception it’s nuts. Part of what has killed our brand and program.

Yost is only a phone call and nice check away. An he is a family guy so he would mesh with richt. An he could get both Perry and Williams back on track, he used to be a kindergarten teacher.

Advertisement
Perry should have gotten praise after hitting that chick on snap. It’s the first time he was in rhythm and hit someone who was wide open all season.
I think you can read that as Miami is too scared to fire Rick after 3 years because the media and other people might say mean things about Miami.

We are so scared of negative perception it’s nuts. Part of what has killed our brand and program.

I just genuinely don’t believe he’s hiring an OC anytime soon. And if he does, it sure won’t be anyone that will confirm his ineptitude.
Oh I think we are getting an OC or else Blake wouldn’t have made that statement. But you can bet your *** it will be a loser, who runs a system that Rick approves.

Our Athletic Director is not qualified to be a AD. All of our major programs regressed under his watch. Richt was a lazy hire; furthermore, James allowed for Richt to bring in his son to manage a position he had no business being coach of. In addition, he gave a 58 year old man a pointless extension after a 3 game losing streak. He’s even raised season ticket prices for 2019 after this disasterous season.
Blake has done a good job raising money but I expect that to take a serious hit very soon. He is arguably the biggest part of the problem. Even if he grew a pair and fired Richt, do you really think he will find the right coach for the job who is a innovator?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back