This reminds me of Coker in 2006

Muschamp got four years. McElwain clashed with the administration which is why he got the early boot.

We can fantasize about that but it's not realistic. Four years is the realistic number.
Did we ever get a figure of how much Richt's buyout is worth?

Advertisement
Oh I think we are getting an OC or else Blake wouldn’t have made that statement. But you can bet your *** it will be a loser, who runs a system that Rick approves.
Yeah man exactly and you know I didn’t even see that quote. That’s pretty significant to be honest.

Richt is going to pick some ******* that gets our offense in the 90’s again so he can prove to everyone he was right. He seems like that type of *******.

Advertisement
Brian Shottenheimer esque hire will be his move. He might even be John Lilt to come.

But he's not going to change his stripes and go to something modern, mainly because -- and I don't mean this as an insult -- I don't think he can comprehend a modern offense or has the desire to learn one.

I think you can read that as Miami is too scared to fire Rick after 3 years because the media and other people might say mean things about Miami.

We are so scared of negative perception it’s nuts. Part of what has killed our brand and program.
Agreee on this. Because of our past it seems it seems we go conservative on everything and are afraid to show some kind of balls in decision making....Miami is the only school that’s scared of it’s past instead of embracing it. We should be the cutting edge instead we run a 1987 offense

I still remember the ABC 'anybody but Coker' sign in the window of some kids dorm in Eaton back around that time... we were so happy when he got fired... shortlived.

Advertisement
Agreee on this. Because of our past it seems it seems we go conservative on everything and are afraid to show some kind of balls in decision making....Miami is the only school that’s scared of it’s past instead of embracing it. We should be the cutting edge instead we run a 1987 offense
I forgot who posted it but it was so true: brands fail when they try to be something they aren’t. We’ve spent close to 20 years trying to be something we aren’t. Scared of what made us great. What’s sad is that I feel like most schools nowadays would kill to have our heritage and brand. They would take full advantage but Miami is run by cowards.

I think you can read that as Miami is too scared to fire Rick after 3 years because the media and other people might say mean things about Miami.

We are so scared of negative perception it’s nuts. Part of what has killed our brand and program.

You can thank Nevin for the perception police within the program. Totally destroyed us.

Advertisement
That's how this feels. Same age (58), same record. We have an offensive coach with a boring, ineffective offense. Our only hope is hiring an OC to do the coach's job for him. We are trying to make Richt a CEO, even though his big-picture judgment this year would get him fired by any board. The defense is good but overworked and flawed. The quarterback play is the worst it's been since Kyle and Kirby.

It's been twelve years since Coker got fired and we are in the same place. This sucks.

The reality is you can't fire Richt after three years. No AD in America would do that. I think there's enough pressure on him that he will hire an OC. But the question is: will he be bold, or will he make a "safe" choice that really changes nothing? History would suggest the latter.

Whatever he does, this needs to be the year. And if we don't make that leap into the Top 10, we need to move on and rethink our approach. Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt all had one thing in common: they weren't innovators. They were supposed "CEOs" who believed in winning with simple schemes and better athletes. The past sixteen years have proven that won't work here. This is a program built on innovation. We need to get back to that.

Miami is a more attractive place than it was in 2006. We have a great stadium and modern facilities. Guys like Leach and Mullen were begging for the job. Someone like Dino Babers would kill for this opportunity. We saw in 2017 how quickly momentum can shift for the better. But we're getting old. And this season looked way too familiar.

So if Mark doesn't make any changes, does that change your opinion about the AD firing Mark.. I personally think you have cause to fire Mark, because of the video, if it is true that there were logo's in the video... and he basically did nothing to NKosi...

That's how this feels. Same age (58), same record. We have an offensive coach with a boring, ineffective offense. Our only hope is hiring an OC to do the coach's job for him. We are trying to make Richt a CEO, even though his big-picture judgment this year would get him fired by any board. The defense is good but overworked and flawed. The quarterback play is the worst it's been since Kyle and Kirby.

It's been twelve years since Coker got fired and we are in the same place. This sucks.

The reality is you can't fire Richt after three years. No AD in America would do that. I think there's enough pressure on him that he will hire an OC. But the question is: will he be bold, or will he make a "safe" choice that really changes nothing? History would suggest the latter.

Whatever he does, this needs to be the year. And if we don't make that leap into the Top 10, we need to move on and rethink our approach. Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt all had one thing in common: they weren't innovators. They were supposed "CEOs" who believed in winning with simple schemes and better athletes. The past sixteen years have proven that won't work here. This is a program built on innovation. We need to get back to that.

Miami is a more attractive place than it was in 2006. We have a great stadium and modern facilities. Guys like Leach and Mullen were begging for the job. Someone like Dino Babers would kill for this opportunity. We saw in 2017 how quickly momentum can shift for the better. But we're getting old. And this season looked way too familiar.
Step 1 is firing or demoting his son!!!! Step 2 is hiring an OC to also coach the QB’s!

Nothing will change. the program is dead guys and you need to realize this isn't a one year thing. We have been taking on water since 2003. The administrations desire to "clean up" Miami has been the downfall here.

That's how you get cheap lazy hires at the HC position and in tern the assistance coaches. Now there have been minor bright spots along the way but all those position coaches were poached by the big guys. Think Stoutland and Kul.

I came to the realization this year that unless Miami gets lucky and hires an innovator this cycle will continue. No wonder all the big time recruits leave the area. You need a coach who is totally obsessed with winning at all cost and our last four hires have not been close.

Big time College football has changed since we were last relevant and until Miami goes back to its roots so to speak it will be rinse and repeat.

Advertisement
Nothing will change. the program is dead guys and you need to realize this isn't a one year thing. We have been taking on water since 2003. The administrations desire to "clean up" Miami has been the downfall here.

That's how you get cheap lazy hires at the HC position and in tern the assistance coaches. Now there have been minor bright spots along the way but all those position coaches were poached by the big guys. Think Stoutland and Kul.

I came to the realization this year that unless Miami gets lucky and hires an innovator this cycle will continue. No wonder all the big time recruits leave the area. You need a coach who is totally obsessed with winning at all cost and our last four hires have not been close.

Big time College football has changed since we were last relevant and until Miami goes back to its roots so to speak it will be rinse and repeat.

Coker, Shannon and Golden were cheap lazy hires. We basically got what we paid for with those shlubs.

Richt was a lazy hire, but not cheap at all.

Richt is the most overpaid coach in college sports.

This is the problem. Through a series of mind boggling decisions this year, Richt has revealed himself to be completely incompetent. With or without a great oc, Richt's incompetence and sub par decision making will still sabotage this team in a variety of ways.

This is the problem. Through a series of mind boggling decisions this year, Richt has revealed himself to be completely incompetent. With or without a great oc, Richt's incompetence and sub par decision making will still sabotage this team in a variety of ways.
Facts there is literally nothing positive richt can point to that he did well this year other than sabotaging the program and further embarrassing the program

Coker won a NC. Mark would have suspended Ed, Clinton, Ken and whoever else necessary to lose that one. Plus Coker had good staff to fire and buy one more year. Mark would has never even seen a good assistant. He needs to go now. Why wait for the gator to beat us 40 to 0?

Advertisement
Back