This reminds me of Coker in 2006

don't know if the legal term is "cause" but richt i believe did not perform to even the minimal reasonable expectations of a HC

this is at a level of coaching malpractice/negligence

he needs to go

Advertisement
I forgot who posted it but it was so true: brands fail when they try to be something they aren’t. We’ve spent close to 20 years trying to be something we aren’t. Scared of what made us great. What’s sad is that I feel like most schools nowadays would kill to have our heritage and brand. They would take full advantage but Miami is run by cowards.
I made that point awhile back. We are so scared of our brand because the real decision makers are very conservative business people not sports people.

We’ve done everything we can to distance ourselves from our real brand while trying to become a corporate puddle of bland.

That's how this feels. Same age (58), same record. We have an offensive coach with a boring, ineffective offense. Our only hope is hiring an OC to do the coach's job for him. We are trying to make Richt a CEO, even though his big-picture judgment this year would get him fired by any board. The defense is good but overworked and flawed. The quarterback play is the worst it's been since Kyle and Kirby.

It's been twelve years since Coker got fired and we are in the same place. This sucks.

The reality is you can't fire Richt after three years. No AD in America would do that. I think there's enough pressure on him that he will hire an OC. But the question is: will he be bold, or will he make a "safe" choice that really changes nothing? History would suggest the latter.

Whatever he does, this needs to be the year. And if we don't make that leap into the Top 10, we need to move on and rethink our approach. Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt all had one thing in common: they weren't innovators. They were supposed "CEOs" who believed in winning with simple schemes and better athletes. The past sixteen years have proven that won't work here. This is a program built on innovation. We need to get back to that.

Miami is a more attractive place than it was in 2006. We have a great stadium and modern facilities. Guys like Leach and Mullen were begging for the job. Someone like Dino Babers would kill for this opportunity. We saw in 2017 how quickly momentum can shift for the better. But we're getting old. And this season looked way too familiar.
mullen wasnt begging. he was leveraging

I'm obviously all for hiring an OC but herein lies a potential insurmountable immediate problem- what if Jarren is just as sucky as N'Kushi? Sadly and infuriatingly, we have ZERO idea what Jarren is and we have nobody else coming in.

So sure, let's pray we get a good OC. But also let's pray that Jarren is at least decent enough for the guy to work with too as even the miracle worker offensive minds would need something better than what we've seen from N'Kushi to work with or they'd have needed to be able to recruit their own 3 star under-recruited type kid that they see fitting their system (ala what Leach usually does).

Hiring a remotely functional OC would possibly delay the inevitable and merely give Richt a puncher's chance of winning just enough games for our complacent administration not to fire him. Do we want a repeat of how long his tenure lasted at UGA or do we want to get out of Richtbation as soon as possible?

We need a purge in the AD and this coaching staff reminiscent of our #Purge19 recruiting class. The fact that it took the bowl game to bring out rumors of hiring an OC yet again, weeks after Kingsbury to USC has already been finalized and Briles to FSU has also been announced, is quite fitting as yet another demonstration of how much we're lagging behind everyone else.

If there's any chance of hiring a true innovator who can make this program dominant and exciting on both sides of the ball, it dam sure won't happen at the hands of the same decision makers who've torpedoed this once-proud program for so long. Blake James and Mark Richt should be shipped out to Siberia together.

Advertisement
Force him to fire/demote his son and bring in a real qb coach/OC. When he refuses then you let him go.

I don’t see a perspective problem for being the reason to not fire CMR, it’s just a financial one. Miami simply doesn’t have the money to pay Richt 12M + whatever is the buyout for his staff, lets say it would cost 12M-15M in total, meaning 15M just to get rid of the current staff then turn around and hire another high priced staff.

Once you have the AD having to go in public with a statement after an embarrassing season the clock already has started. It’s just a matter of how much money the University has to pay to get rid of this staff, when that is reasonable CMR is gone, That’s why barring a disaster next season I think Richt only gets fired after the 2020 season.

My only hope is that this offense and QB play grounds fire with cause.

Advertisement
That's how this feels. Same age (58), same record. We have an offensive coach with a boring, ineffective offense. Our only hope is hiring an OC to do the coach's job for him. We are trying to make Richt a CEO, even though his big-picture judgment this year would get him fired by any board. The defense is good but overworked and flawed. The quarterback play is the worst it's been since Kyle and Kirby.

It's been twelve years since Coker got fired and we are in the same place. This sucks.

The reality is you can't fire Richt after three years. No AD in America would do that. I think there's enough pressure on him that he will hire an OC. But the question is: will he be bold, or will he make a "safe" choice that really changes nothing? History would suggest the latter.

Whatever he does, this needs to be the year. And if we don't make that leap into the Top 10, we need to move on and rethink our approach. Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt all had one thing in common: they weren't innovators. They were supposed "CEOs" who believed in winning with simple schemes and better athletes. The past sixteen years have proven that won't work here. This is a program built on innovation. We need to get back to that.

Miami is a more attractive place than it was in 2006. We have a great stadium and modern facilities. Guys like Leach and Mullen were begging for the job. Someone like Dino Babers would kill for this opportunity. We saw in 2017 how quickly momentum can shift for the better. But we're getting old. And this season looked way too familiar.

Plenty of AD's would fire him in year three.

Look at what Houston BOT member just said about their head coach. We're in worse shape than 2006. We can confirm the BOT and anyone with any monetary influence what so ever over this program does not give a ****.

Force him to fire/demote his son and bring in a real qb coach/OC. When he refuses then you let him go.

We need to start from scratch. Wait till the Banda/Patke experiment blows up. The entire staff is a disaster.

I also don’t understand the 4 year minimum. You give a coach the opportunity when you can see the pieces falling into place. There is no big picture here... just a bunch of pieces without rhyme or reason

Absolutely nothing will change until we get an alpha AD who's given free reign. The chances of that happening are slim to none. **** everything.

Advertisement
Yep, mcelwain went to 2 sec championships in 3 years and still was fired
Mac was fired for a whole list of reasons just like Richt would be. Mac was fired for lying about death threats, running off Will Grier, berating Kelvin Taylor, flirting with other jobs constantly, and a crap load of other things.

Advertisement
I made that point awhile back. We are so scared of our brand because the real decision makers are very conservative business people not sports people.

We’ve done everything we can to distance ourselves from our real brand while trying to become a corporate puddle of bland.

Mission accomplished.

I'm obviously all for hiring an OC but herein lies a potential insurmountable immediate problem- what if Jarren is just as sucky as N'Kushi? Sadly and infuriatingly, we have ZERO idea what Jarren is and we have nobody else coming in.

So sure, let's pray we get a good OC. But also let's pray that Jarren is at least decent enough for the guy to work with too as even the miracle worker offensive minds would need something better than what we've seen from N'Kushi to work with or they'd have needed to be able to recruit their own 3 star under-recruited type kid that they see fitting their system (ala what Leach usually does).
It doesn’t matter who the QB is if Rickety continues to run the offense. We can keep saying the QBs suck, but Malik was infinitely better as an admittedly unprepared freshman than he was now. He played his best game in his first appearance and his worst in his final. Rickety is QB kryptonite.

The sad part is if Rick wasn't so stubborn, he could work here. Dabo changed his offensive system when West Virginia hung 70 on his *** in the OB. James Franklin, a former OC himself, decided to hire a new OC after his offense was terrible his first two seasons. Stoops, decided to go a different way after Oklahoma offense went in the toilet, and hired Lincoln Riley. Rick will hire someone's that a puppet, and try to play it off as some upgrade. SMFH.

Advertisement
Back