This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

He supposed to be by the time Fall camp starts...

But we’ll see if he’s fully healthy or not if they have him running in scrimmages.
They’ve been careful with him but this summer is his first since being here he’ll get close to a full summer of workouts in. He should be close to starting to go full go in the weight room.

Advertisement
They’ve been careful with him but this summer is his first since being here he’ll get close to a full summer of workouts in. He should be close to starting to go full go in the weight room.
This is great news.

I'll say it again.... Chaney (healthy) and Knighton are still our best backs imo... improved OL scheme both should do much better.... Citizen looks great on film but we have to see him against college comp.....I'm not high or low on Thad need to see more before I make judgement....Parrish is a experienced gamer coming from major competition....for that reason alone..... I see him playing over somebody in the rotation early on....

I think we are going to look very dangerous when both Parrish and Rooster get on the field at the same time.
They both can lineup pretty much anywhere on the field and go in motion to distract the vision of the LBs to set up misdirection plays.

Chaney can be our best all-around back but of course he has to stay healthy.

I hope Thad can be happy just getting some carries in special short yardage/goal line packages. Along with grinding out the clock like he did so well against the Hokies late in that game.

Citizen Cane is getting a lot of hype. It will be very interesting to see if he lives up to it. He sure does seem to look the part now he needs to prove it on the field.

I'll say it again.... Chaney (healthy) and Knighton are still our best backs imo... improved OL scheme both should do much better.... Citizen looks great on film but we have to see him against college comp.....I'm not high or low on Thad need to see more before I make judgement....Parrish is a experienced gamer coming from major competition....for that reason alone..... I see him playing over somebody in the rotation early on....

Chaney (healthy) should be taken with a boulder of salt. I'm not ready to say I liked this kid better when his name was Robert Burns, but it's getting close. It's time to show you can produce at this level. Like, right now. The cliche "The best ability is availability" is as true as it gets. So Chaney (healthy), sure, he should be very good for us. But he hasn't been (healthy) in about 4 years now. So I'll believe that when I see it.

Knighton is absolutely not a Top 2 back when you use it in the traditional sense. Check the tweet/graphs I showed above. He's been absolutely terrible as a traditional RB. His best role is as a 3rd down back/slot WR/being motioned out into space in 2-back sets, etc. Line him up as a single back and run him off tackle? No thanks. He's been unusable in that role. BUT HE CAN BE EXCELLENT IF YOU USE HIM CORRECTLY!

Henry Parrish is my pick for the most productive back as it stands right now. Chaney's health, Rooster's overall ability as a traditional back, and Thad's lack of explosion opens the door for Parrish. He does everything well, even if he's not exceptional with any singular attribute. I think he helps us a TON this year.

And the wildcard is Citizen. I don't like to rely on true freshmen backs unless they're Duke Johnson. I'm not saying he won't help or have a role or be very good, I just don't think you can go into the season expecting him to be your workhorse back. But IMO, if we assume Chaney is fully healthy, he is 1A, Parrish is 1B, Citizen is sprinkled in and Rooster is used exclusively in the pass game. If Chaney gets hurt again, Parrish and Thad are your co-lead dogs, Citizen gets an uptick, and Rooster needs to stay in his role as being used exclusively on 3rd down, hurry up, 2 minute, etc.

Advertisement
I'd personally like to see Thad drop 15 pounds and hopefully gain some explosiveness.

Chaney (healthy) should be taken with a boulder of salt. I'm not ready to say I liked this kid better when his name was Robert Burns, but it's getting close. It's time to show you can produce at this level. Like, right now. The cliche "The best ability is availability" is as true as it gets. So Chaney (healthy), sure, he should be very good for us. But he hasn't been (healthy) in about 4 years now. So I'll believe that when I see it.

Knighton is absolutely not a Top 2 back when you use it in the traditional sense. Check the tweet/graphs I showed above. He's been absolutely terrible as a traditional RB. His best role is as a 3rd down back/slot WR/being motioned out into space in 2-back sets, etc. Line him up as a single back and run him off tackle? No thanks. He's been unusable in that role. BUT HE CAN BE EXCELLENT IF YOU USE HIM CORRECTLY!

Henry Parrish is my pick for the most productive back as it stands right now. Chaney's health, Rooster's overall ability as a traditional back, and Thad's lack of explosion opens the door for Parrish. He does everything well, even if he's not exceptional with any singular attribute. I think he helps us a TON this year.

And the wildcard is Citizen. I don't like to rely on true freshmen backs unless they're Duke Johnson. I'm not saying he won't help or have a role or be very good, I just don't think you can go into the season expecting him to be your workhorse back. But IMO, if we assume Chaney is fully healthy, he is 1A, Parrish is 1B, Citizen is sprinkled in and Rooster is used exclusively in the pass game. If Chaney gets hurt again, Parrish and Thad are your co-lead dogs, Citizen gets an uptick, and Rooster needs to stay in his role as being used exclusively on 3rd down, hurry up, 2 minute, etc.
Im not sure Parrish proved he's a traditional every down back ....he was used similar to Knighton as a 3rd string backup ....Parrish was in a good scheme with sound OL.....imo it's going to be rb by committee until somebody proves they can produce while handling a bulk of the load .... I don't expect knighton to carry the load.....if he doesn't start his ability is perfect for a change up #2....

Last edited:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go be a wake forest fan

Im not sure Parrish proved he's a traditional every down back ....he was used similar to Knighton as a 3rd string backup ....Parrish was in a good scheme with sound OL.....imo it's going to be rb by committee until somebody proves they can produce while handling a bulk of the load .... I don't expect knighton to carry the load.....if he doesn't start his ability is perfect for a change up #2....
WHY THE **** YOU WANT ANY BACK GETTING BULK OF THE LOAD????🤣🤣🤣
Bama, Georgia and others been doing this for years keeping the backs fresh. Do y’all even watch football???
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Advertisement
The offensive line was bad. I don't think anyone is going to argue that. The production did take a turn for the worse after Harris got hurt though. Even if you don't count the Central Connecticut game, Miami was a much better rushing team with Harris than with Knighton as the main back. There was a thread here not too long ago discussing the drop-off. The main problem was that with such a poor run blocking line, Harris was able to take better advantage of the occasional hole they would open up whereas Knighton too often looked for contact. I don't remember who it was that had the video evidence and/or numbers but it might have been @DMoney. With a poor run blocking line, you need to get as many chunk plays as possible when the opportunity arises but Knighton would too often run himself right into a defender after 5 yards.

I think with a renewed focus on run blocking and a stable of healthy backs, Miami should be able to get back to being a solid, if not great running team this year. With a bit more consistency, it wouldn't be unimaginable to see them crack the 160-170 yards per game mark. That would take a lot of the pressure off the passing game.
Great points. Also have to keep in mind that the lack of quality run plays was sorely lacking in Lash's scheme. No creativity whatsoever and basically only 1 or 2 run plays. Play calling alone will make a huge difference to go along with improved run blocking schemes.

Everyone’s a good running back when the offensive line blocks perfectly.

The offensive line doesn’t always block perfectly.

Good running backs find a way to still get yards.
The O-Line very rarely block a run perfectly. If they do, you see it.

Great points. Also have to keep in mind that the lack of quality run plays was sorely lacking in Lash's scheme. No creativity whatsoever and basically only 1 or 2 run plays. Play calling alone will make a huge difference to go along with improved run blocking schemes.
It was a zone run scheme. There’s only a handful of plays you can run because they’re not designated to run through a specific gap. The offensive line essentially blocks one way and the running back picks the hole. (That’s oversimplified but still) Inside/outside zone coupled with the veer (read option) is the basis for the modern spread rushing attack. Watch any Briles offense (Art or Kendall) Urban Meyer’s OSU offense or Gus Malzahn’s run game from Auburn. There’s not a ton of variances in the running game. Miami’s offensive line was below average and inconsistent yet they were still a middle of the road rushing offense for a year and a half in Lashlee’s system. Given the blockers, getting ~160 yards a game was fairly good.

Advertisement
Bama, Georgia and others been doing this for years keeping the backs fresh. Do y’all even watch football???
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
Alabama running backs in 2021:

Brian Robinson - 271 carries
Trey Sanders - 72 carries
Roydell Williams - 48 carries

Let’s look at the greatest team of all time

Clinton Portis - 220 carries
Willis McGahee - 67 carries
Frank Gore - 62 carries

Everyone rotates backs but most teams have one guy who gets a majority of the work load, especially in big games.

Even Georgia, who split the carries fairly evenly last year had gave the ball to Zamir White 50 more times than they did to James Cook.

But you’d know this if you actually watched football.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
For someone with 157 posts, you seem to be fairly confident in posting here. You might want to turn that down a little bit.

For someone with 157 posts, you seem to be fairly confident in posting here. You might want to turn that down a little bit.
Somebody has to be that guy who’s always wrong about everything

Advertisement
Alabama running backs in 2021:

Brian Robinson - 271 carries
Trey Sanders - 72 carries
Roydell Williams - 48 carries

Let’s look at the greatest team of all time

Clinton Portis - 220 carries
Willis McGahee - 67 carries
Frank Gore - 62 carries

Everyone rotates backs but most teams have one guy who gets a majority of the work load, especially in big games.

Even Georgia, who split the carries fairly evenly last year had gave the ball to Zamir White 50 more times than they did to James Cook.

But you’d know this if you actually watched football.
I understand the bama situation, after Brian it was stretchy, but Georgia always have running back by committee. Who cares about 2001. Those days are gonnnne let it go!! Y’all got weird problem with rooster making it seem like a scatt back is a problem but that James cook who is a scatt back got drafted in 2nd round mediocre numbers. Reggie bush is a scatt back.

I understand the bama situation, after Brian it was stretchy, but Georgia always have running back by committee. Who cares about 2001. Those days are gonnnne let it go!! Y’all got weird problem with rooster making it seem like a scatt back is a problem but that James cook who is a scatt back got drafted in 2nd round mediocre numbers. Reggie bush is a scatt back.
What are James Cook’s numbers compared to Jaylon Knighton? How about Reggie Bush’s? Those guys are much better players. You’re comparing two star players to one average player.

Since my posts hurt your feeling so much, maybe put me on ignore.

What are James Cook’s numbers compared to Jaylon Knighton? How about Reggie Bush’s? Those guys are much better players. You’re comparing two star players to one average player.

Since my posts hurt your feeling so much, maybe put me on ignore.
So James cook is better than knighton??🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
What James cook done other than be dalvan little bro?🤣🤣🤣
Why won’t you go be a fan for Florida state??
We got one the worst fan base!!!

Advertisement
Back