This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

Do they have running backs who stay healthy?
Yes so go
Go Web Series GIF by WIGS

Advertisement
So James cook is better than knighton??🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
What James cook done other than be dalvan little bro?🤣🤣🤣
Why won’t you go be a fan for Florida state??
We got one the worst fan base!!!
Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

James Cook career numbers:
230 carries 1503 yards 6.5 ypc 14TD

Jaylan Knighton career numbers:
197 carries 770 yards 3.9 ypc 9 TD

Cook doubled Knighton's rushing yardage on only 33 more carries.

Also, just because you have a crush on a player, it doesn't make him a superstar. Knighton is a good third down back who can make plays in the passing game but isn't a first string running back. The coaches know this. Pretty much everyone else knows this.

Now go ahead and give me the middle finger emoji because you can't stand being proven wrong over and over. You're literally wrong every time you say something. Just stop.

They didn’t have nobody else, but I was talking about in general
i cant even taylor swift GIF
I said it will likely be by committee, especially the first two games .....we all know there will always be some type of rotation....the question is will one back become the main guy? You say Bama didn't have anybody else....well OSU had a three back rotation with Henderson taking the bulk 183 1,248.....Williams 71 507....Teague 67 375..... Crowley and Pryor each had 100 yards...like another poster said above....most teams have one guy as their lead back...

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

James Cook career numbers:
230 carries 1503 yards 6.5 ypc 14TD

Jaylan Knighton career numbers:
197 carries 770 yards 3.9 ypc 9 TD

Cook doubled Knighton's rushing yardage on only 33 more carries.

Also, just because you have a crush on a player, it doesn't make him a superstar. Knighton is a good third down back who can make plays in the passing game but isn't a first string running back. The coaches know this. Pretty much everyone else knows this.

Now go ahead and give me the middle finger emoji because you can't stand being proven wrong over and over. You're literally wrong every time you say something. Just stop.
Which coach? The one got fired?

Advertisement
I understand the bama situation, after Brian it was stretchy, but Georgia always have running back by committee. Who cares about 2001. Those days are gonnnne let it go!! Y’all got weird problem with rooster making it seem like a scatt back is a problem but that James cook who is a scatt back got drafted in 2nd round mediocre numbers. Reggie bush is a scatt back.

A majority of the time (not every time) - the talent level dictates the RB rotation. When Bama/Georgia has a stud RB like Derrick Henry or Deandre Swift - they will dominate carries. If the RB talent is similar, they will rotate. You play to your personnel.

But we shouldn't be thinking Bama/Georgia - we're not at that level. We'll probably rotate 3 RB's more like Ole Miss did last year. That's more our talent level. We're deep with good RB's, but not one stud RB.

Right now it looks like whoever starts this year - it'll be a rotation. But what we'd want to see happen is 1 RB get the majority of the carries because that means they've stepped up & separated themselves from the pack.

A majority of the time (not every time) - the talent level dictates the RB rotation. When Bama/Georgia has a stud RB like Derrick Henry or Deandre Swift - they will dominate carries. If the RB talent is similar, they will rotate. You play to your personnel.

But we shouldn't be thinking Bama/Georgia - we're not at that level. We'll probably rotate 3 RB's more like Ole Miss did last year. That's more our talent level. We're deep with good RB's, but not one stud RB.

Right now it looks like whoever starts this year - it'll be a rotation. But what we'd want to see happen is 1 RB get the majority of the carries because that means they've stepped up & separated themselves from the pack.

I will say it again. If Chaney is healthy, he's getting majority of reps. If not, redshirt him and rotate in the other 3. Bring Citizen along slowly so he gets used to the pounding. We don't need another future star injured as a freshmen.

I will say it again. If Chaney is healthy, he's getting majority of reps. If not, redshirt him and rotate in the other 3. Bring Citizen along slowly so he gets used to the pounding. We don't need another future star injured as a freshmen.

I can see Chaney taking control of the backfield as a very possible scenario. But I also see a bunch of other scenarios that wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't see a need to hold Citizen back. Physically - he's a dude. At 215 he's already our 2nd biggest RB. He's much bigger than Knighton/Parrish at 190, and with Chaney's injury history and Franklin's conditioning - Citizen might actually be the most physically able to carry the load.

How good Citizen actually is and how quickly he can adjust mentally - that's TBD. But physically he looks ready to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I see no reason why Citizen can't have a similar role as a freshman than Duke Johnson had. Mike James got more carries but Duke had more yards and touchdowns. Not saying Citizen is Duke level talent but he's much bigger and more than capable of taking the pounding.

Chaney (healthy) should be taken with a boulder of salt. I'm not ready to say I liked this kid better when his name was Robert Burns, but it's getting close. It's time to show you can produce at this level. Like, right now. The cliche "The best ability is availability" is as true as it gets. So Chaney (healthy), sure, he should be very good for us. But he hasn't been (healthy) in about 4 years now. So I'll believe that when I see it.

Knighton is absolutely not a Top 2 back when you use it in the traditional sense. Check the tweet/graphs I showed above. He's been absolutely terrible as a traditional RB. His best role is as a 3rd down back/slot WR/being motioned out into space in 2-back sets, etc. Line him up as a single back and run him off tackle? No thanks. He's been unusable in that role. BUT HE CAN BE EXCELLENT IF YOU USE HIM CORRECTLY!

Henry Parrish is my pick for the most productive back as it stands right now. Chaney's health, Rooster's overall ability as a traditional back, and Thad's lack of explosion opens the door for Parrish. He does everything well, even if he's not exceptional with any singular attribute. I think he helps us a TON this year.

And the wildcard is Citizen. I don't like to rely on true freshmen backs unless they're Duke Johnson. I'm not saying he won't help or have a role or be very good, I just don't think you can go into the season expecting him to be your workhorse back. But IMO, if we assume Chaney is fully healthy, he is 1A, Parrish is 1B, Citizen is sprinkled in and Rooster is used exclusively in the pass game. If Chaney gets hurt again, Parrish and Thad are your co-lead dogs, Citizen gets an uptick, and Rooster needs to stay in his role as being used exclusively on 3rd down, hurry up, 2 minute, etc.
This is some sick ish...you would think Chaney had zero college film. Yall are just haters to the core and look at players as livestock.

Argue all you want there won’t be one guy getting a high majority of the carries. There’ll be roles dictated by down & distance and a players skill set. Parrish is the perfect receiving back so I’d imagine that’ll be how he gets a portion of his touches. Don’t sleep on citizen especially as the season unfolds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Argue all you want their won’t be one guy getting a high majority of the carries. There’ll be roles dictated by down & distance and a players skill set. Parrish is the perfect receiving back so I’d imagine that’ll be how he gets a portion of his touches. Don’t sleep on citizen especially as the season unfolds.
If all RB’s are healthy what’s your Depth Chart look like for Game1

Argue all you want their won’t be one guy getting a high majority of the carries. There’ll be roles dictated by down & distance and a players skill set. Parrish is the perfect receiving back so I’d imagine that’ll be how he gets a portion of his touches. Don’t sleep on citizen especially as the season unfolds.

I'll withhold arguiing with you until I see how healthy Chaney is.

Chaney
Parrish
Knighton/Franklin situational.

This is just my opinion now, assuming Chaney is healthy (big if) and Citizen has some typical freshman question marks.

Advertisement
Considering we dont have a clear cut starter and a lot of guys around the same talent level, its only smart to try to maximize every player based on the situation.

Considering we dont have a clear cut starter and a lot of guys around the same talent level, its only smart to try to maximize every player based on the situation.
Imo the most talented are Don and Citizen. That doesn’t mean they’ll get the most carries. I’m sure there’ll be days you ride one guy more than the others , because they’re just running that well. Then there’s injuries / nicks, guys who are better at a skill or situation. Third and one I’d pound Thad or Don. Third and medium I’d use Parrish in that role, even Rooster has shown to be good on angle routes out of the backfield. My point is there’s plenty of options so why not use them? Your strength is te and rb…..so use them. Theres no reason why we shouldn’t use a solid dose of 22 personnel. Citizen could be the X factor in all this, coaches are very excited.

Advertisement
Back