This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

Advertisement
Advertisement

That really spells out in black and white what we could all see happening last year.

That statistic represents an offense that was over-reliant on heroic QB play as they were constantly forced to throw themselves out of bad down-and-distance holes.

I think there is a very real possibility that TVD has a worse year statistically while the offense becomes more successful overall. And that will be a good thing. I would much rather see our downfield shots taken on short yardage situations rather than desperation attempts on third and long.

Advertisement
Improving the running game was a primary concern for Mario and Mirabal. Two-fold effect: an improved running game gives TVD more time to throw as defenses wouldn't be able to pin their ears back and it would lead to more teams bringing a safety which would open up more passing lanes and big plays. Also, I believe not being a good running team led to our team being soft. Teams who can run the ball usually are better at stopping the run. It goes hand in hand and gives your team a more physical mindset which we lack. We need to be more physical and Mario has been saying that from day one. It would also be nice to take away some possessions from our opponent by eating some clock on drives. I hated watching us go hurry up only to have a three and out and put our defense right back on the field. This happened far too often the past three seasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone know why Lashlee had 1 running play? Because as great of a OC he was with everything else, he seemingly shot himself in the foot here over and over again. Baffling when smart ppl are so stupid sometimes

Advertisement
Back