This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

Advertisement
Imo the most talented are Don and Citizen. That doesn’t mean they’ll get the most carries. I’m sure there’ll be days you ride one guy more than the others , because they’re just running that well. Then there’s injuries / nicks, guys who are better at a skill or situation. Third and one I’d pound Thad or Don. Third and medium I’d use Parrish in that role, even Rooster has shown to be good on angle routes out of the backfield. My point is there’s plenty of options so why not use them? Your strength is te and rb…..so use them. Theres no reason why we shouldn’t use a solid dose of 22 personnel. Citizen could be the X factor in all this, coaches are very excited.

Very well might be sitting here at midseason and say that, TVD aside, 6-7 of the 10 best players on offense are backs or Tight Ends. If that's the case, and you don't have those kids on the field the majority of the time, you failed as a coach.

Potential 1st round QB, no proven game changers at receiver, and 5 solid backs. Couch coaches are salivating to tell Gattis what he is doing wrong lol. It’ll be interesting for sure

Advertisement
If fully healthy or no other issues arise this is my guess.

1. Don
2. Rooster
3 Parrish
4. Thad
5. Citizen. I expect noise from Citizen at some point. Nothing with him would surprise me.
Would you consider Citizen as Gattis' secret weapon that he can use for teams that have little or no film on him?. Can't D the unknown tendencies of a shifty RB!!. What is your take on his effect on a game?..

He supposed to be by the time Fall camp starts...

But we’ll see if he’s fully healthy or not if they have him running in scrimmages.
Not that y'all would wanna here it. But I been said it's Chaney's spot if everything is even. HOWEVER from my understanding HES REALLY BEEN SLACKING ON HIS WORKOUTS AND HIS REHAB... Parrish is gonna get ALOT more burn than I originally thought, but Citizen is the one to look out for. Saw him today with Alonzo and he's got ALOT of boys in his ear. All I'm gonna say is if Don don't cut the nonsense and stop walking out on his workouts (Thad too) those boys gonna get left behind.

Advertisement
Not that y'all would wanna here it. But I been said it's Chaney's spot if everything is even. HOWEVER from my understanding HES REALLY BEEN SLACKING ON HIS WORKOUTS AND HIS REHAB... Parrish is gonna get ALOT more burn than I originally thought, but Citizen is the one to look out for. Saw him today with Alonzo and he's got ALOT of boys in his ear. All I'm gonna say is if Don don't cut the nonsense and stop walking out on his workouts (Thad too) those boys gonna get left behind.
Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

I said when we first brought Parrish in from the Portal that he was going to get a lot of snaps, because he’s an experienced vet & due to his relationship with Kevin Smith there’s trust there, meaning Coach Smith knows exactly what he’s getting with Parrish & can rely on him to handle his business when it matters most.

Thad, Citizen & Knighton are gonna play a lot too, I actually think Thad will play a whole lot more than most people think because he’s a big bodied bruiser that fits with the Power run game.

I was high on Don Jr coming out of HS but his inability to stay healthy has knocked him off his perch. I don’t have much expectations with him just due to the fact the only thing he’s been consistent with thus far is being hurt. Of no fault of his own, but unfortunately RB is position where reps come at a premium especially when you got 4 other starter quality backs waiting for their opportunity too. This year is the big prove it year for Chaney.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

All that talent, all those potential riches only months to a couple years away with the right attitude. I'm happy for Parish and Citizen. But what a waste it would be if Don and Thad slack off at this point in their young lives. I really pray for their sakes they figure it out before it's too late.

I said when we first brought Parrish in from the Portal that he was going to get a lot of snaps, because he’s an experienced vet & due to his relationship with Kevin Smith there’s trust there, meaning Coach Smith knows exactly what he’s getting with Parrish & can rely on him to handle his business when it matters most.

Thad, Citizen & Knighton are gonna play a lot too, I actually think Thad will play a whole lot more than most people think because he’s a big bodied bruiser that fits with the Power run game.

I was high on Don Jr coming out of HS but his inability to stay healthy has knocked him off his perch. I don’t have much expectations with him just due to the fact the only thing he’s been consistent with thus far is being hurt. Of no fault of his own, but unfortunately RB is position where reps come at a premium especially when you got 4 other starter quality backs waiting for their opportunity too. This year is the big prove it year for Chaney.

Agree with every single word of this and this has basically been my exact thought process for months. I got hee-hee’d and lmao’d up and down every time I brought up Parrish on this board, but that dude is gonna play and he’s gonna excel. IMO he’s the most well-rounded player in that entire room (with the caveat that I haven’t seen Citizen in college yet).

And how incredibly disappointing to hear about Chaney. This is absolutely his money year, you’re 1000% correct. That tells me he isn’t serious about this ish, and the sand is falling through his hourglass way too quickly to be pussyfooting around in the summer. You start getting passed up by multiple kids, including a true freshman, in Year 3 and you can pretty much hit the bricks. Let’s be really real, one of these kids isn’t going to be here next year anyway. Even with the rotation and power scheme and all the stuff we’re talking about, there simply isn’t enough football for 5 backs to feed on and all stay happy. I’d bet a lot of money that one of these 5 dudes is not on the roster in the fall of 2023. And that’s not a bad thing. Cream rises to the top. Would be real disappointed to see that happen to Don simply via a ****** work-ethic.

I’m so excited for this room this year, though. So much talent and versatility, youth, etc. Especially if Chaney plays to his full potential. I think all 5 of these kids would play a good bit at **** near any school in the country.

I’ve said it before but the odds are stacked against Chaney and that is without mentioning his laziness you’ve lauded to. Chaney is falling into the Sam Brooks category.

Word going around since Thad signed was that he’s entitled and out of of shape. This still holds true. I’m willing to he doesn’t finish fall camp.

Advertisement
Usually when coaches add guys from the portal, it’s because they feel that spot has a deficiency that needs immediate help. They didn’t bring Parrish in to be emergency depth.

At least two of these guys will be gone next year.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Parrish has the most “ snaps “

Advertisement
Walking out on workouts?!?!?! Wow, I'd be so embarrassed.

Not trying to discredit your info... I agree with most of what you've said... but we hear about who's slacking and who's working harder than others every year .....Ivey reportedly works harder than everybody 😂 sometimes your talent level ain't on par with others...

coming back from major injuries require proper rest between workouts.... that is more or equally as important than anything imo... you're right if Chaney is lazy that will definitely hinder his growth and development ...at this point it could be more mental than anything else....I just hope he takes his time to heal properly we don't need another King situation .....trying to get back too fast can be disasterous... I can't see Don Chaney getting left behind at close to 100%...none of these backs have shown enough for me to say that with confidence....

Advertisement
Back