This is why Cooney deserves his job....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Dude probably isn't the most qualified coach but what coach is when they get their first big time coaching gig. If Manny and Enos trusts him then I trust him. Plus he would be that ace recruiter that we desperately need on our coaching staff.

Guys are leaving out Wiggins. If he learns how to catch he’s going to be big problems

Even in our **** offense he was getting open a lot

I don't buy the "Wiggins can't catch" narrative. Yeah, he had some drops. He also had some nice catches. He sure as **** isn't Cager, and the ENTIRE WR CORPS couldn't catch last year.

Taylor Stubblefield doesn't seem like a bad WR coach anymore. This off season has more rumors than the NBA trade Deadline

Advertisement
I wish we had a wr that's in the league and ready to coach like OSU with Brian Hartline I mean that dude is a monster ans he just walked on the staff killing it

not only does he deserve the WR job, he should also receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts

Without Coach Cooney, Jeff is not back on the team. He worked the entire time to keep, mend, & build the relationship.View attachment 76837

People who complain about Cooney are fools. Every time I hear his name, it's about him doing something good like this.

I say pay the man, and pay the man well.

Should he be an on field coach? Probably not, because he's never done it before and we need teachers and technicians at those spots.

But Cooney deserves a badass salary and he contributes as much as any coach, so he should be paid like one.

Advertisement
I don't buy the "Wiggins can't catch" narrative. Yeah, he had some drops. He also had some nice catches. He sure as **** isn't Cager, and the ENTIRE WR CORPS couldn't catch last year.
Problem is in that garbage offense you don’t get many chances so when drop a couple it looks so much worse

New days are coming

1547614800118.gif

Wiggins is the WR I am most hyped to see next year not named KJ or Thomas. He showed flashes of elite talent this season. He also looked like crap at times but you know .. freshmen.
First time I saw him on the field I couldn’t believe he was a freshman and didn’t have the hype. He is physically way ahead of the other guys (or was)

Advertisement
I wish he could have taken the RB spot... I feel that’s an easier position to slide into... not to mention help the entire offense (maybe defense) with crooting their guys too

But I guess WR if he is really that instrumental in bringing in Stud kids... sometimes having an absurd talents like JT4.. Wiggins.. Pope.. will just make you that much better as a coach

also sitting out a year would have not been smart as he is probably off to the league after the 2019 season. What a cluster but cool hes back.

Advertisement
Fun fact: Cooney was the primary recruiter for Haselwood. If we didn't dud the end of the season, he was coming. Dugan's obviously was recruiting him but no one had more communication and a better rapport with Haselwood than Cooney.

My issue with Cooney is that he was hired to build local recruiting relationships and in the end we struck out on a greater percentage of our local targets than anyone thought possible. Even Golden had a much higher percentage of the top tricounty kids commit than Rocit did this class.

So while you can put the blame squarely on Richt’s staff for failing to close, you can’t ignore that Cooney was part of that staff. Give him another year under the new regime to prove himself and show more positive outcomes before bumping him up.

Fun fact: Cooney was the primary recruiter for Haselwood. If we didn't dud the end of the season, he was coming. Dugan's obviously was recruiting him but no one had more communication and a better rapport with Haselwood than Cooney.
is this facts????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back