This is why Cooney deserves his job....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the problem is, Dee is full of **** when it comes to Cooney. Y’all believe that **** if you want to. Thomas is back at UM because of Cooney, PERIOD.

This. Dee is full of **** in general. If the way he acts on this message board is any indicator of how he acts in real life, Manny needs to keep him as far away from this team as possible.

Advertisement
So according to Dee the guy who the players are tweeting about saying he is a beast and showing him love is a problem with these same guys? I am guessing Devonta Smith is still a silent right? Also the guy who was in St. Louis from his screenshot of the weather was not involved at all, it was everyone else. Really? come on.

No he dosent..Tweed is a nice guy but his opinion is just that an opinion. Give Cooney a raise but we need an EXPERIENCED WR Coach that can teach the guys how to catch.

I guess the fact that Cooney was an assistant with the WRs last year is a plus? On the contrary.

Like I stated earlier, I have no idea if he would be a good WR coach.

Advertisement
Like I stated earlier, I have no idea if he would be a good WR coach.

Fair enough. I think Cooney has done a great job in his role but he has zero experience as a WR Coach at the college level, he has never developed any receivers anywhere.

Promote the man, pay him, give him status but he has no business being the WR Coach at UM...none.

Fair enough. I think Cooney has done a great job in his role but he has zero experience as a WR Coach at the college level, he has never developed any receivers anywhere.

Promote the man, pay him, give him status but he has no business being the WR Coach at UM...none.

This can’t be overstated enough. We already have an incredibly green and inexperienced staff for a major program and the last thing we need is another coach that’s learning on the job. If the school is as serious as it claims about competing then hire experienced WR and TE coaches that can both develop players and recruit. Paying $1.5 million to doesn’t mean anything if you’re going to surround him with subpar assistants.

This can’t be overstated enough. We already have an incredibly green and inexperienced staff for a major program and the last thing we need is another coach that’s learning on the job. If the school is as serious as it claims about competing then hire experienced WR and TE coaches that can both develop players and recruit. Paying $1.5 million to doesn’t mean anything if you’re going to surround him with subpar assistants.
On offense we do not have a green staff, the defensive side is very green. Rumph never coached CB on a college level and is doing a **** good job. I know Cooney was the OC at Southridge and has a good grasp of offensive coach, no clue on his ability to coach WR as a position though.

Cooney should not be our ****** WR coach.

Upgrade his pay or some **** but go get a savage that can recruit and teach. This isn't ****** high school ball.

Advertisement
Cooney should not be our ****** WR coach.

Upgrade his pay or some **** but go get a savage that can recruit and teach. This isn't ****** high school ball.

I have no opinion or inside knowledge on Cooney but my point is, at as some point the ability to teach/coach/lead/mentor matters. As does experience. Cant just be about recruiting or high school relationships

If it’s that bad? Why is Cooney still on staff? Is Manny not aware of Cooney being an issue in the lockeroom?
Maybe Manny agreed with him. He promoted Cooney anyway.

Even if it's true Cooney single handedly brought JT4 back, how is this some reason for a promotion?
Bring one player that already quit on 3 teams, yours included, is not all that impressive.
I wanted JT4 back, but he would have to sit a year and play for Illinois, it wasn't that tall of a task. And I still don't believe JT4 plays more than a year here

Man what a year makes, remember last off season how we were so worried Dugans was going to FSU. His room was one of the best and consistent last year.

Everybody loved Dugans because he recruited well, but the receivers under developed and recruiting dipped, thus the overrall shrug abour his departured

My issue with Cooney is that he was hired to build local recruiting relationships and in the end we struck out on a greater percentage of our local targets than anyone thought possible. Even Golden had a much higher percentage of the top tricounty kids commit than Rocit did this class.

So while you can put the blame squarely on Richt’s staff for failing to close, you can’t ignore that Cooney was part of that staff. Give him another year under the new regime to prove himself and show more positive outcomes before bumping him up.
Our 2018 class was top 10 and full of local stars. 2019 was headed in the right direction until Richt and the offense imploded. He's doing his job.

Brother you know we famm but lord are you far off on this one in soooooo many different ways. 3 people responsible for Jeff coming back #1 manny. #2 brevin #3 Baez & 3b jarren. Hit me and I'll explain David coon to u. I get the thought though. This dude since hes been here has got credit for the things hes tried to sabotage. Just ask dugans.

You gotta love it when the uninformed try to inform others. It is you that is far off.

Diaz sent Cooney to see Thomas after notifying the staff he was transferring to Illinois. Diaz was ready to move on and Cooney wanted a shot to flip him.

Well, we see the results. DC explained to the young man that his decision was a massive gamble and convinced him to stay. The brilliant move was getting JT to enroll in classes while he was there.

Your bad info shouldn’t be on the boards. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the main reason why I NEVER post anything critical on message boards or social media. Now the new thing is going to be that Cooney is a locker room problem. SMH

(Not directed at you Beastmode or anyone in particular, you just know that someone is going to take that info & run with it.)
Neither you know how I am with filters. I'm not gonna say the situation. But im not gonna sit quiet while this man is praised. This is the issue when people make assumptions because not enough fact is out there.

Neither you know how I am with filters. I'm not gonna say the situation. But im not gonna sit quiet while this man is praised. This is the issue when people make assumptions because not enough fact is out there.

Facts ain't for everyone some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back