This is the week

Harley and Pope especially need to be locked in on ball security. I don’t mean catching the ball, which they obviously need to do very well this week, but after the catch. I think Clemson’s D will come hard at the ball and be aggressive, looking for strips. Our guys aren’t the biggest around—I think we’re about to find out what they’re really made of, for better or worse.

Advertisement
Receivers definitely need to step up.

I'd say look out for Harley. He's had some bad drops this season, but has also made some tough catches for 1st downs.

We need him to finally play up to his recruiting ranking
Harley was our leading WR last year in all statistical categories and is our WR1 this year technically. He has at least played up to his ranking if not exceeded it. Wasn’t he a high 3 star?

Advertisement
Advertisement
While that may be true, best believe he will be this week. And if he is beating himself how will he ball out suddenly vs a real team?
I think he has the ability for a breakout game. Jarren went wild for a game or two.

I just really don't want him returning kicks

FB_IMG_1601851566848.jpg

Advertisement
They need to.

Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games. :nonchalance:

So far our receivers can be counted on to..
fail clemson football GIF by Clemson Tigers

Advertisement
We are a #1 Wr, a second quality Corner (after Blades) and a quality MLB away from being as talented as Clemson. Lawrence is a better Pro QB than King. He’s special, the goods. But King can do a lot of things that make him just as dangerous in college.

I thought our OL would be a liability but their development plus the scheme and King make them look as good as Clemson”s OL I think our DL, Safeties and Strikers are as good as anything they’ve got. I think the same about our RBs. I know our TEs are as good or better. We match up well against them overall.

So if we have someone step up in the three areas of weakness, and play to our potential, we are going to go punch for punch with them.

I do think they’ve been holding back, not showing everything they can do because they haven’t needed to. I believe Clemson won’t play as well as they played against UVA ... they’ll play better. So we need to be ready for some great football. And our playmakers need to make plays.

Harley was our leading WR last year in all statistical categories and is our WR1 this year technically. He has at least played up to his ranking if not exceeded it. Wasn’t he a high 3 star?
None of that is true

Advertisement
Back