This board was right…

I don’t get why we rotate so much at every position except LB when our starting LB’s SUCK! It makes zero sense why 11 and 17 play so much. There’s no way that position shouldn’t be a constant rotation

Advertisement
U didn’t see him getting toasted last night?
I most certainly did! I just think he needs more reps. He’s barely played the this year and last, so he probably just needs to keep getting reps and maybe (hopefully) he’ll get better over time. I’m just glad Ivey’s snaps are going down. I wouldnt be surprised to see him going to the portal with his boys after the season

Advertisement
They do. I want to see what TAC can do. Sucks we don’t really have a young ilb aside from troutman?

Also where were Ivey and blades? I saw a ton of Clarke and dunson but didn’t see either of them even on the sidelines. Rique was apparently banged up and still didn’t see em.
Blades is injured and out. Ivey saw some snaps on defense.

I most certainly did! I just think he needs more reps. He’s barely played the this year and last, so he probably just needs to keep getting reps and maybe (hopefully) he’ll get better over time. I’m just glad Ivey’s snaps are going down. I wouldnt be surprised to see him going to the portal with his boys after the season
I totally agree

Dunson needs more reps, imo. He hasn’t had a chance to play, other than the CCSU games. Give him some more games to get his feet wet.
Yea he has gotten lost in coverage but that can be corrected with reps. Now what I’ve noticed and am impressed with is that when he makes contact on tackles the opposing player goes down (going back to that fake punt he snuffed out last season). That alone earns him reps in my book.

Advertisement
Yea he has gotten lost in coverage but that can be corrected with reps. Now what I’ve noticed and am impressed with is that when he makes contact on tackles the opposing player goes down (going back to that fake punt he snuffed out last season). That alone earns him reps in my book.
These young guys just need a chance. I mean ****, I rather see them try to make a play and make a mistake, than our leaders and senior guys make the same mistake over and over. We see what playing time does for the True Freshman now. Yeah, they’re still making some mistakes here and there, but they’re playing hard and look MUCH better than these guys that’s been here 4-6 years!

Too much let chase smith and Gilbert take the snaps
Gilbert played a bunch I think. Came off at some point a little banged up or winded, but I don’t remember at what point and I don’t believe it was ultimately an issue.

I’m always interested in seeing the snap counts just to see how it shook out.

These young guys just need a chance. I mean ****, I rather see them try to make a play and make a mistake, than our leaders and senior guys make the same mistake over and over. We see what playing time does for the True Freshman now. Yeah, they’re still making some mistakes here and there, but they’re playing hard and look MUCH better than these guys that’s been here 4-6 years!
We keep saying that “these young guys need a chance” — maybe they need MORE and MORE reps because Taylor Williams Kinchens Williams Dunson Clarke Roberts all saw time on D that I can recall off the top of my head, but some of them are getting time and a bunch of it.

Stevenson should rarely sit. There were times we went with 4 safeties.

The young guys always play good. It’s when they are here for a few years when they turn to crap. Y’all will be ****ting on Kitchens just like Gurvan in a a year or 2.
Bro Gurvan NEVER played anywhere near the level of Williams or Kam

But I get your point

Advertisement
We keep saying that “these young guys need a chance” — maybe they need MORE and MORE reps because Taylor Williams Kinchens Williams Dunson Clarke Roberts all saw time on D that I can recall off the top of my head, but some of them are getting time and a bunch of it.

Stevenson should rarely sit. There were times we went with 4 safeties.
Talking about those that rarely see the field, like the LBs, Dunson and Roberts (both who did get some snaps, but this last game was probably the most they’ve seen in single game. Get Arroyo some targets. Smith! If the senior guys are messing up constantly, at this point, what does it hurt to play the young ones more?

I think TS is dealing with a nagging injury for the last couple weeks. Was at the NC game last week, and he was jogging on the sideline a few times.

With Blades hurt and Ivey not being good, the young CBs need to play a little more. Get this valuable experience now and build for the next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back