Things have lined up

I never said I didn’t want him, my exact words have been for the 1,00th time, I don’t think what he wants to do will work here because philosophically it will take longer to transition into to immediate success for us, because the circumstances are different than they are for Oregon.

I’m not anti-Mario, I’m anti his philosophy & just because he’s a great coach doesn’t mean what he does will work in every situation.

I think Luke Fickell is a great coach too, but I don’t think he would work here, I think Paul Chryst is a great coach but I don’t think he would work here either because his style isn’t what we are. I think even Kalani Sitake is a great coach, but i don’t think his system would work here either...

Is that more clear for you to understand?
I'm sure you mentioned it but what was your stance on Schiano here? I personally include him in the "wouldn't work here" column but I do think he'd at least equal what Franklin has done at Pedo State if he ever gets that job (despite many of the obstacles there that don't get as much media/national attention as our "infrastructure" needs).

Advertisement
I never said I didn’t want him, my exact words have been for the 1,00th time, I don’t think what he wants to do will work here because philosophically it will take longer to transition into to immediate success for us, because the circumstances are different than they are for Oregon.

I’m not anti-Mario, I’m anti his philosophy & just because he’s a great coach doesn’t mean what he does will work in every situation.

I think Luke Fickell is a great coach too, but I don’t think he would work here, I think Paul Chryst is a great coach but I don’t think he would work here either because his style isn’t what we are. I think even Kalani Sitake is a great coach, but i don’t think his system would work here either...

I actually agree with your take on his offensive approach, which I think is your major complaint with him. I see some stubbornness there. Wherever he coaches, I think he would be well served by having a more open minded approach to what type of offense he would run, instead of being stuck on this hard-core bruising/pushing trenches ideology. If by some reason he comes here, I would really hope he would get the type of offensive coach/QB coach that likes to open things up, a better version of Lashlee.

You seriously want to give a guy a call who walked away from coaching because he was done with coaching after being in the exact area he wanted to be in but now you want him to fly 2700 miles south east after he quit coaching without being forced out
Absolutely and every single college team with an opening right now would do so as well. If they couldn't take Peterson they would gladly take Urban who has "walked away" several times.

I'm sure you mentioned it but what was your stance on Schiano here? I personally include him in the "wouldn't work here" column but I do think he'd at least equal what Franklin has done at Pedo State if he ever gets that job (despite many of the obstacles there that don't get as much media/national attention as our "infrastructure" needs).

My concern was Schiano is that he’s a type of coach that would only work at places like Rutgers, with low expectations. Why do I think this?

I think his approach is passé. He’s a hard ***, but with nothing to back it up. Players respect you if you are a hard *** if you at least have some track record.

But he’s alienated a lot of people everywhere he’s gone, and if you’re going to be that abrasive, you better be fūcking effective. And he doesn’t have that on his résumé.

As far as Lane Kiffin all I've done is point out there isn't some clear advantage that Mario has in recruiting despite that being a constant theme from the uninformed.

Got people pushing for a guy when they can't answer one simple question. Probably because they know they won't like the answer. If his roster is so **** loaded why does it rarely ever play to its alleged talent level? Either he's not recruiting as well as people think or he and his coaches are not putting those players in the best position to win and the players are overcoming his deficiencies. The first scenario is arbitrary. The second scenario is a red flag that his backers choose to ignore because "multiple Pac-12 titles" when every one with a brain knows he's not even playing in the title game last year if Washington doesn't have Covid.
There are definitely concerns with Mario. I’d say this in regards to Lane’s recruiting. Has Lane done things differently than your saying about Mario? This is year 4, pretty much all Mario’s guys. So we know he can build a top 10-15ish roster. Can Lane do that? He’s been at one job long enough for that and he didn’t, I’ll give some leeway with the absurd sanctions he dealt with. I think it’s a fair question. Personally I’m super high on Lane here, not as high as Mario but I think he’d do well. It’s just Lane seems like a flash burn everywhere he goes. So there’s no longevity to build off at P5 football.

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of Schiano, like at all...

But I don’t wanna **** off any Canes homers by speaking too harshly about a former beloved Cane coach, so I’ll just leave it at that lol.

No your words was hes a great coach but.... (I'd have to find the energy to find that post)
Of course you didn't say who you want, just listed a bunch of names. You like to pretend you know way more than you do.

I actually think you're a good poster.

There are definitely concerns with Mario. I’d say this in regards to Lane’s recruiting. Has Lane done things differently than your saying about Mario? This is year 4, pretty much all Mario’s guys. So we know he can build a top 10-15ish roster. Can Lane do that? He’s been at one job long enough for that and he didn’t, I’ll give some leeway with the absurd sanctions he dealt with. I think it’s a fair question. Personally I’m super high on Lane here, not as high as Mario but I think he’d do well. It’s just Lane seems like a flash burn everywhere he goes. So there’s no longevity to build off at P5 football.
Lane will hire Ed Orgeron to run recruiting and he will win a national championship in 2 years.

Advertisement
I cant with them lol they are fried bruh
It’s fvking insane.

Then you got @Go Canes!! in here ****t*ng on Mario.

Like WTF, dude. Mario is 9-2, has won conference Championships, etc. even if I say, fine, Lane is a better fit, blah, blah, then there will be reason to hate on Lane.

M’Fers - ya’ll want to be stuck in 7-5 purgatory?!?!?!

No your words was hes a great coach but.... (I'd have to find the energy to find that post)
Of course you didn't say who you want, just listed a bunch of names. You like to pretend you know way more than you do.

I actually think you're a good poster.
I don’t pretend anything, I simply offer my opinion just like everybody else does.

If you have a problem with that, I don’t know what to tell you, you can always just put me on ignore.

I want a winning coach.. I don't care who and where he comes from. Wario is a loser and always will be, and Lane will be Lane hard pass. But keep posting and telling yourself it will happen.
Lol, Dabo, Nick, Smart, Riley or Day aren’t coming here oh or Urben sooooooo not sure what you mean by winning coach

Answer this question fūckface, is Mario the quarterback coach? Quarterbacks are developed by either offensive coordinators and/or quarterback coaches.

You're just dribbling your little limp **** all over your agenda about Mario.

I’m not the biggest Mario fan in the world but I’m not some know-nothing ***** face coming up with bullshlt reasons to go after somebody who has enough faults, like losing a big game tonight, but the quarterback development wasn’t on him.

Only a fūcking simpleton like you, that doesn't understand football, would think that was on this head coach. He’s not that kind of coach. He’s a kind of coach that has to hire a top-notch offensive coordinator and/or quarterback coach.

Internet-Warrior1.jpeg

Does your Mommy know you have a potty mouth and can't think beyond simple Yes and No?

You obviously have never been in charge of anything..."Gee Admiral, the ship I command ran into that freighter because my navigator screwed up, it's not my fault"

YOU don't know football, the players who play it, and how the real world works...Good Night.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not a fan of Schiano, like at all...

But I don’t wanna **** off any Canes homers by speaking too harshly about a former beloved Cane coach, so I’ll just leave it at that lol.

I like him as a defensive coordinator 20 years ago, but what has he done as a head coach? I mean people complain about the coaching records of Lane, or Mario or other coaches. Look at this guy’s record both in college and in the pros.

The only thing anybody ever had to say about him is he made Rutgers respectable his first go round and he’s doing the same thing second go round.

Just because somebody is suited to do that type of job well, it’s not an indication that he can come in Miami and do well.

I actually think he would be a disaster here. I mean worse than Golden worse than Manny. And when he would eventually get fired, he would leave the program much worse than he found it.

I’ll give you an indication of just want an asshoele I think he is, when he was coaching Tampa Bay, traditionally in the NFL when it’s garbage time and a game is won and the other team is taking a knee, you don’t shoot your lineman through there, number one because you can hurt somebody that way, the game is in hand so nothing can happen, and all you’re doing is ****ing people off for no reason. But he would do that.

I don’t know if you remember that, but I remember seeing that and thinking my god what an *******

View attachment 162224
Does your Mommy know you have a potty mouth and can't think beyond simple Yes and No?

You obviously have never been in charge of anything..."Gee Admiral, the ship I command ran into that freighter because my navigator screwed up, it's not my fault"

You don't football, the players who play it, and how the real world works...Good Night.

You’re so stupid you don’t even know who you’re talking to. LOL.

Advertisement
My concern was Schiano is that he’s a type of coach that would only work at places like Rutgers, with low expectations. Why do I think this?

I think his approach is passé. He’s a hard ***, but with nothing to back it up. Players respect you if you are a hard *** if you at least have some track record.

But he’s alienated a lot of people everywhere he’s gone, and if you’re going to be that abrasive, you better be fūcking effective. And he doesn’t have that on his résumé.
I view him in the Bill O'Brien mold. A potentially very problematic personality that can succeed but in very specific environments.

I absolutely do cringe when our fans routinely bring up his name to come back here though.

I don’t pretend anything, I simply offer my opinion just like everybody else does.

If you have a problem with that, I don’t know what to tell you, you can always just put me on ignore.
I like you bro. I appreciate you as a poster and the fact you put your name on it. Much respect

It’s fvking insane.

Then you got @Go Canes!! in here ****t*ng on Mario.

Like WTF, dude. Mario is 9-2, has won conference Championships, etc. even if I say, fine, Lane is a better fit, blah, blah, then there will be reason to hate on Lane.

M’Fers - ya’ll want to be stuck in 7-5 purgatory?!?!?!
Go Canes shytting on MArio is a good sign

Advertisement
Back