Things have lined up

Lol at Miami fans freaking out about Oregon’s loss. We weren’t getting him if he made the playoffs.

He’s won conference championships, bowl games, and beat OSU at the shoe. Oregon wasn’t even on the map when he got there
They were in the playoff before he got there. He didn't build that program, Chip Kelly did that and Helfrich took them to the CFP. He's only been there since 2018....

Advertisement
Mario is a higher rated Manny Diaz! Both are good recruiters, but not good coaches! Kiffin is my vote
Manny is a HORRIBLE recruiter. Six years running the D and we had NO linebackers and gave up almost 200 yards rushing to some unknown QB last night. He sucks so bad that he is TOXIC to the high school coaches in Florida who will not send their quality kids to UM .. because they know he won't develop them. Do some research before you post.

A coach that has a chance to lock up a playoff spot and play for a championship gets BTFO, and people still cannot see the fraud he is. How many more Miami connection set backs do we need until we just shut down the program?

if hype won champions then he is our guy, but they are won on the field, and he chokes when it counts. it will be in to see if one of our state rivals brings in a guy like Lane so we have a head to head run, bro style vs pro style.

Just like the coaches of the last 20 years, we have to stop living in the past and move forward. The 80’s were great, we dominated, a couple of early years in the 90’s and 2001. Things have changed, the program needs a change, we have held on for too long.

Manny is a HORRIBLE recruiter. Six years running the D and we had NO linebackers and gave up almost 200 yards rushing to some unknown QB last night. He sucks so bad that he is TOXIC to the high school coaches in Florida who will not send their quality kids to UM .. because they know he won't develop them. Do some research before you post.
He had one top 11 class but he’s the defensive coordinator and the defensive recruiting is god awful. Manny has never been a good recruiter , if anything he’s abwrage go below average at best. The next HC has their hands fully with the front seven. It’ll take 2-3 years.

He really Butch Davis’ed it up tonight. Love it
Hold up, Mario built the greatest team ever assembled coming off one of the worst sanctions a college team has ever faced? Wow, I stand corrected then, maybe bro style is the guy.

Advertisement
Would not complain if we get Mario, but I think we should take a hard look at Lane and Stoops as well.

He had one top 11 class but he’s the defensive coordinator and the defensive recruiting is god awful. Manny has never been a good recruiter , if anything he’s abwrage go below average at best. The next HC has their hands fully with the front seven. It’ll take 2-3 years.
Cribby, I can't remember if I asked you this previously but, if Mario ends up being the guy, are you of the mindset that he knows he needs to update his offensive and defensive philosophy to the skill set of the players he has and will get down here? Or do you think he is stubborn to his offensive/defensive philosophy?

Cribby, I can't remember if I asked you this previously but, if Mario ends up being the guy, are you of the mindset that he knows he needs to update his offensive and defensive philosophy to the skill set of the players he has and will get down here? Or do you think he is stubborn to his offensive/defensive philosophy?
He’s a former Ol so it’s in his dna to out physical people and be the more physical team. Or at least try to be. The same way defensive coaches tend to be more conservative and prefer putting the game on the defenses shoulders late in the game. The reason Saban is so great is he‘s always adjusting with the game. He got faster on defense , adding some smaller quicker guys to match all the receivers and space. On offense he went from the pro style to throwing the ball all over the yard with a lot of spread.

Ive never asked if Mario is hard headed or married to a particular mentality, he was here when were known for being a very balanced O and he showed no how important the pass game is. Especially with today’s game , it’s all qb’s and wr’s in space now.

I don’t think he’d try to cram a square peg into a round hole like previous coaches have here.

Advertisement
This “loser” has two conference championships, rose bowl win, beat OSU at the shoe, and a 12 win season.

We aren’t touching a coach with a better resume
Are you really going to count last year as a conference championship? You know the one where his team got to play in a game they didn’t qualify for because the other team got COVID?

He’s a former Ol so it’s in his dna to out physical people and be the more physical team. Or at least try to be. The same way defensive coaches tend to be more conservative and prefer putting the game on the defenses shoulders late in the game. The reason Saban is so great is he‘s always adjusting with the game. He got faster on defense , adding some smaller quicker guys to match all the receivers and space. On offense he went from the pro style to throwing the ball all over the yard with a lot of spread.

Ive never asked if Mario is hard headed or married to a particular mentality, he was here when were known for being a very balanced O and he showed no how important the pass game is. Especially with today’s game , it’s all qb’s and wr’s in space now.

I don’t think he’d try to cram a square peg into a round hole like previous coaches have here.
At some point he will/needs to realize you can do both.

That is the point the Oregon writer was making, but what OCCC is not understanding is the PERCEPTION of the player, especially if certain people are talking into his ear. Again, we have to understand the paradigm shift in CFB, players have a lot more power and if they think a coaching change will hurt their brand, NIL earnings, or most importantly, next level success and earning power, they can now market themselves to another location to achieve their perceived goals without having to sit out a season. TVD may not care, but his skillset, geographic background, and the fact that next year is make or break for him if he plans leave at first eligibility mean not taking this into consideration would be foolish. The new Miami AD better not have a blind spot to this reality, some of the posters here sure do.
I guess I think this line of thinking impacts Garcia more than TVD imo. TVD runs a high risk going to another school having to learn a new system, new WRs, etc. all of these could cause a negative impact to his draft stock. Garcia who hasn’t played a down has no draft stock could see these rumors, which I don’t, and think another school benefits him. Just doesn’t make a ton of sense for TVD to up and leave.

I'm on record, absolutely do not want Wario... He's a taller version of Manure Debacle. I haven't been posting much but I was one of the first people who said fire Diaz and King can't throw..... I don't want Lane either...
Well I said we shouldn't have hired Manny as DC for CMR and we shouldn't have went after King. I'll take Lane please!

Advertisement
Oregon wins this game and they have a clear shot at the playoffs, yet they dropped a huge **** on the field. Diaz missed out on a NY6 game last season by getting spanked by UNC, and fans were ready to throw him into the ocean.
Right! Make it make sense!

As has been stated numerous times any coach we get has warts. We’ve had multiple coaches we’ve hired hoping they will change, that just so dangerous.

But with where we are as a program I’ll take Mario, Kiffin, or Herman and be pleased. More so with the first two.

I just don’t want to end up with a G5 coach or a first time coach.

I’m trying to figure out something. Lane doesn’t like to recruit. That’s just the honest truth. Mullen doesn’t like to recruit. Both are great coaches. How is Lane not Dan Mullen that everyone here hates? And that’s a legit question. If they have some differences that I’m overlooking please educate me in all sincerity
Lane recruited well at Tennessee and USC. Or at least Lane's staff did. There is nothing that supports the Lane doesn't like to recruit stuff. He was so involved in recruiting at Tennessee that he told a player if he committed to South Carolina he would wind up pumping gas like everybody else that goes there. Called out Urban Meyer for calling a recruit while the kid was on his visit at Tennessee. So he's competitive as **** and sometimes to his detriment.

Advertisement
Lol at Miami fans freaking out about Oregon’s loss. We weren’t getting him if he made the playoffs.

He’s won conference championships, bowl games, and beat OSU at the shoe. Oregon wasn’t even on the map when he got there
yeah it's like they never played in CFP or for a championship a couple years ago before mario got there....

oh wait, they have.

Instead of looking at just names and alumni… look at what they bring to the table.

Does Mario develop talent?. Does his teams play with discipline? Does he evaluate and find good position coaches and coordinators? Can he recruit?

Those are all important things to consider. Y’all fools just care about hype. Y’all to worried about cool hashtags like LaneTrain

Well said… as I said on LCE’s recap, it’s like his pre-Kiffin coaching tree just stopped paying attention to his biggest adaptation after they left. Goes for Kirby too.

Advertisement
Back