Things have lined up

Lane recruited well at Tennessee and USC. Or at least Lane's staff did. There is nothing that supports the Lane doesn't like to recruit stuff. He was so involved in recruiting at Tennessee that he told a player if he committed to South Carolina he would wind up pumping gas like everybody else that goes there. Called out Urban Meyer for calling a recruit while the kid was on his visit at Tennessee. So he's competitive as **** and sometimes to his detriment.
The Athletic recently had an article with coaches in Mississippi claiming that Lane doesn’t work hard at recruiting. They said both Mullen and Leach spend more time on recruiting.

Advertisement
Bruh stop.

He didn’t cost Herbert draft stock.

Herbert had a chance to be a the 1st QB and came back to college.

Burrow and Tua were simply better graded QB prospects by scouts.

It’s documented that Even the Chargers wanted to the dolphins to take Herbert so they could get Tua.

The knock on Herbert was his ability to lead and his mental make up.
I doubt Tua graded higher coming off an injury. It was the Dolphins doing that evaluation and a lot of experts thought they were crazy. Good lord, Herbert went #6 in the draft. Everybody and I mean everybody was taking Burrow #1 after that 2019 season. Burrow is having a nice season.

He’s a former Ol so it’s in his dna to out physical people and be the more physical team. Or at least try to be. The same way defensive coaches tend to be more conservative and prefer putting the game on the defenses shoulders late in the game. The reason Saban is so great is he‘s always adjusting with the game. He got faster on defense , adding some smaller quicker guys to match all the receivers and space. On offense he went from the pro style to throwing the ball all over the yard with a lot of spread.

Ive never asked if Mario is hard headed or married to a particular mentality, he was here when were known for being a very balanced O and he showed no how important the pass game is. Especially with today’s game , it’s all qb’s and wr’s in space now.

I don’t think he’d try to cram a square peg into a round hole like previous coaches have here.

He was an olineman in a one back spread offense. It's not like he came from Iowa. I am sure he understands the concepts and benefits of modern spread offenses.

The Athletic recently had an article with coaches in Mississippi claiming that Lane doesn’t work hard at recruiting. They said both Mullen and Leach spend more time on recruiting.
I didn't see it so I won't question it. In previous Power 5 stops recruiting energy was not a problem.

Advertisement
He was an olineman in a one back spread offense. It's not like he came from Iowa. I am sure he understands the concepts and benefits of modern spread offenses.
What does the scheme matter? OL have a mentality. Also just because it was a one back set doesn’t mean you’re not a nasty / physical blocker. Those were some physical OL’s, you don’t need a full back dotting the I to be physical or running the ball 60 % of the time. Wth? That’s like saying a DC that played on LB at Baylor or TT years ago doesn’t have a defensive/ physical mentality Lol.

Every coach loses.
This new wave of overreacting to sht over one game or one play is the problem with society in general.

Lord Saban and his merry clan of seed swallowers act like that mfer never loses. Does anyone need to go down the list player for player from alabamas roster to tamu’s? Valdez’s was 3 star that agin fell into jimbo’s lap because of an injury.

By cis logic jimbo is now a better coach than Saban because he beat him with less talent.

Mullen was about to drag uf into the depths below mediocrity if it wasn’t for taco hot dog breaking his leg. Now he has no trask or Pittman to save his *** and we see the real coach. We literally had people on hear complaining that we didn’t hire him (twice).

The only problem I have with head coaches is their **** stubbornness.
Even Saban was refusing to get a mobile qb for years and got by on talent until he couldn’t. And at least he had the balls to publicly admit that he needed to change.

Idgaf who comes here but one thing I do not want at all is a dude who wants to fix what isn’t broken. And start acting like he has all the answers.

I don’t want some guy to say we’re running 50 times while we have cheetahs and race horses on the team.

From the outside looking in and not being a former coach or player it seems like we need some mental adjustments and some tweaking in play calling philosophy and some reinforcements in key positions.

But if some dude comes in here and starts changing sht all around it’s gonna be a problem for a while.

At the same time we also don’t need a dude who says oh everything is fine and the only thing this team needs is me.

We have the players that have the mental and physical tools to win more games. But we need that sht to be contagious cause it’s obvious that some players don’t care or have some individual agendas. And we also need a head coach that ain’t putting up with that sht.

I’d say Mario is also ready to move on to Miami to get away from Moorhead and DeRuyter without having to fire them.
This is good and bad. If he's the guy with the big balls, why does he need to leave town instead of just firing those guys? if he's here long-term does that mean he's going to be scared to fire coaches who aren't working out? We can turn anything and everything into a pretzel trying to overthink all of this stuff.

Advertisement
Oregon wins this game and they have a clear shot at the playoffs, yet they dropped a huge **** on the field. Diaz missed out on a NY6 game last season by getting spanked by UNC, and fans were ready to throw him into the ocean.
The hate was based on how the team lost giving up 600 yards rushing and the 5,000 yards UNC put on us.

Not that people would’ve been happy with a close loss in that spot but getting blown out like that considering how we also got blown out by Clemson earlier in the year just made people’s heads explode.

Golden Welcomes Cristobal Back To 'The U' - ItsAUThing.com — Formerly  allCanesBlog.com — It's All About 'The U'!
Right on

Advertisement
Mario gets the nod with recruiting with room to spare. Gameday planning Xs and Os Kiffin and Herman are far better than Mario. I’m going with the latter 2 if they hire Lane or Tom I’m quite satisfied that they might finally be taking things seriously

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee (or @Cribby if you have knowledge on this) as there is some fair debate about Mario on X’s and O’s, I remember you talking about the staff he had lined up / interest from in 18 (and there were some real interesting names there). Are any of those guys still possible and do the help put any of these concerns to bed?

Only CIS ***** on Mario or Lane when they could be our next Head Coach. Only CIS...
So far, it seems like a reasonable discussion about legit concerns about Mario as a head coach. I don't see anyone ****ting on either of them tbh.

Every coach loses.
This new wave of overreacting to sht over one game or one play is the problem with society in general.

Lord Saban and his merry clan of seed swallowers act like that mfer never loses. Does anyone need to go down the list player for player from alabamas roster to tamu’s? Calzada was a 3 star that fell into jimbo’s lap because of an injury.

By cis logic jimbo is now a better coach than Saban because he beat him with less talent.

Mullen was about to drag uf into the depths below mediocrity if it wasn’t for taco hot dog breaking his leg. We literally had people on hear complaining that we didn’t hire him (twice).

The only problem I have with head coaches is their **** stubbornness.
Even Saban was refusing to get a mobile qb for years and got by on talent until he couldn’t. And at least he had the balls to publicly admit that he needed to change.

Idgaf who comes here but one thing I do not want at all is a dude who wants to fix what isn’t broken.
I don’t want some guy to say we’re running 50 times while we have cheetahs and race horses on the team.

We have deficiencies and we need a coach that can spot them and not necessarily erase the whole **** system.

We have some players that have the mental and physical tools that can win. But we need that sht to be contagious cause it’s obvious that some players don’t care or have some individual agendas.

Advertisement
Back